So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Glyph of Zen Flight, sitting on a small grey cloud. Very slow, though - 60% speed.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Lieris » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:50 pm

I just had a look on Youtube for it; that's one tiny cloud.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Jarvick » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:11 pm

quote="Pyrea"]
Which completely makes sense in two ways:

1)They realize they're starting to lose their original playerbase who are older now and are moving away from the game for whatever reason and they're keeping the game going by changing their target demographics.
2)People complained in Cata (myself included) that there is literally nothing to do in game. More options however dumb they seem are options nonetheless.

You are right, Pokomon and Farmingville is better then nothing, I still miss the old PvP (Warlord titles, I was always in PvP trying to better myself during my down time from raiding pre-BC)

I was actually a little surprised that Monks weren't a hero class. I guess they decided they didn't like the "start at a higher level" paradigm. But I think that the prospect of leveling a monk from 1-90 will turn a lot of people off of the class, at least as their main. Plus thematically it would have made more sense for them to start at 75, maybe with 75-85 on the Wandering Isle. That would have skipped the wonky story - "you're a level 1 pandaren monk from the wandering isle, now go re-live the cataclysm from a few years ago!"

I know I wont be lvling one, 90 lvls after I get my three toons to 90, outfitted. just do not see it happening, I am making a toon to quest with my GF, who is new to the game, but thats to keep her company and not a real desire to want to make a new toon to lvl.

Someone said flying mounts, ever since they introduced flying mounts into the world (Not Outlands and Not North Rend) but Azeroth, I think it was a mistake, the world use to feel big, but now very small.
Jarvick

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:41 pm

the world use to feel big, but now very small.

And with my main: Crusader Aura + 310% speed mount = flying direct on my sparklepony is always faster than using the flightpaths.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Levantine » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:11 pm

And you get to do it in style
Levantine

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Levantine wrote:And you get to do it in style

And without some of the Bizarre routes it takes:
ie Goldshire to Western Duskwood - sounds like a trip straight south right?
Nope. Goldshire > SW > Westfall THEN Western Duskwood. Quicker to run.

But it does disassociate people with the land below.
The land is already empty enough with everyone leveling via LFG or Battlegrounds.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:44 pm

I can't honestly say I was associated with the land even before flying mounts...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:13 am

masterpoobaa wrote:

Extra flight paths added in Cataclysm are horrible. They didn't hook them up to the network properly, just to the nearby ones. See Wetlands, for example, where there's a chain of 4-5 flight paths that you can only connect to from either end, which sometimes means you get connected via Loch Modan if you're missing part of the chain.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby rodos » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:32 am

I'd never want to give up flying mounts at max level -- it's just far too convenient when you want to Get Stuff Done (dailies and such). If you manage to grab a 1/2 - 1 hour play window some time in your day, spending 10 minutes getting somewhere is very frustrating.

I think immediate flight in Cata was a mistake. There was a lack of immersion, and risk-free gathering in Uldum by fresh 80s was a broken design (though undoubtedly a nice one to exploit).
rodos

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:46 am

rodos wrote:I'd never want to give up flying mounts at max level -- it's just far too convenient when you want to Get Stuff Done (dailies and such). If you manage to grab a 1/2 - 1 hour play window some time in your day, spending 10 minutes getting somewhere is very frustrating.

I think immediate flight in Cata was a mistake. There was a lack of immersion, and risk-free gathering in Uldum by fresh 80s was a broken design (though undoubtedly a nice one to exploit).

it was a titan structure to begin with, why not a force field around it that requires a transponder or something to pass through?
it would fit with all the other BS reasons they have for stupid mechanics

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:03 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
masterpoobaa wrote:

Extra flight paths added in Cataclysm are horrible. They didn't hook them up to the network properly, just to the nearby ones. See Wetlands, for example, where there's a chain of 4-5 flight paths that you can only connect to from either end, which sometimes means you get connected via Loch Modan if you're missing part of the chain.

Not to mention that there are just way too many of them now. When that flightmaster map pops up I always cringe when it lights up with like 4 flight points per zone.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:20 am

i remember leveling my first pally and getting the intro to FP quests and having to run from westfall to redridge cause i hadnt discovered that one yet, hearthing back to goldshire because i forgot to pick up the westfall point, and running back

now they just get on a FP at goldshire to fly to SW.....

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Jarvick » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:25 pm

bldavis wrote:i remember leveling my first pally and getting the intro to FP quests and having to run from westfall to redridge cause i hadnt discovered that one yet, hearthing back to goldshire because i forgot to pick up the westfall point, and running back

now they just get on a FP at goldshire to fly to SW.....

Tell me about it. FP's use to be spottie, now it seems like ever 45-50 feet there is one.
Jarvick

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:47 pm

You also automatically obtain them as you reach the level for a particular zone, instead of having to run to them for the first time.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:51 pm

I saw that... at level 44 my Priest had to ride to WPL to get the FP. Soon as she dingged 45 presto - all the other WPL FP's show up.

Handy, but yet another thing that kills the exploration/immersion IMHO.
masterpoobaa

PreviousNext

Return to General