Remove Advertisements

So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby degre » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:32 am

halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:#5 -> This force fed routine makes me want to stab kittens.


Just imagine Pandaria, with no flying until you are lvl 90... :shock: :shock: :D :D :D

I'm loving it...

Just dinged 88 yesterday, all done via questing, instancing has been kept to the minimum, done twice each instance just to complete their quests and get to know the places. Must admit that so far I haven't really come across anything epic, but hey, I've almost completed only an area so far (Krasarang Wild) and anyway I've come across some amusing bits; I like how they're introducing all the Sha problem thought, quite curious to see how it evolves later.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
User avatar
degre
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:11 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Shoju » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:33 am

Nikachelle wrote:
halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:#5 -> This force fed routine makes me want to stab kittens.


Just imagine Pandaria, with no flying until you are lvl 90... :shock: :shock: :D :D :D


Like it SHOULD be. Cataclysm was the only expansion that launched with us being able to fly right away.


No big deal to me. I dont' think it was a big deal not being able to fly right away in wotlk.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6349
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:41 am

Nikachelle wrote:
halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:#5 -> This force fed routine makes me want to stab kittens.


Just imagine Pandaria, with no flying until you are lvl 90... :shock: :shock: :D :D :D


Like it SHOULD be. Cataclysm was the only expansion that launched with us being able to fly right away.


Good goblins can profit with or without flying... :-)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9376
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:36 am

i am actually looking forward to not being able to fly again
i leveled all the way through OL before flight was 60, and had leveled a few toons to 80 before the BoA CWF and price nerf
(hell i didnt even get my epic land mount til i hit OL due to it being lvl 60)
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7350
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Flex » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:39 am

degre wrote:Just dinged 88 yesterday, all done via questing, instancing has been kept to the minimum, done twice each instance just to complete their quests and get to know the places. Must admit that so far I haven't really come across anything epic, but hey, I've almost completed only an area so far (Krasarang Wild) and anyway I've come across some amusing bits; I like how they're introducing all the Sha problem thought, quite curious to see how it evolves later.


The story part of that zone is pretty great. I really felt the no flying pains in Kun-Lai summit. The place is huge, but luckily the quests are pretty self-contained in their hubs.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Lieris » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:36 am

Flying mounts is something we all thought we wanted, not realising how negatively it would effect the game. They are fun but they make the world feel empty, small and devoid of secrets.
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:52 am

Lieris wrote:Flying mounts is something we all thought we wanted, not realising how negatively it would effect the game. They are fun but they make the world feel empty, small and devoid of secrets.


I agree with that, the only imbalance is then letting 90's fly. - Oh! There's a mining node! Oh.. and a horde rogue just flew in an grabbed it...

Eliminate flying overall, and I'd totally agree.. :D
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9376
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:57 am

halabar wrote:
Lieris wrote:Flying mounts is something we all thought we wanted, not realising how negatively it would effect the game. They are fun but they make the world feel empty, small and devoid of secrets.


I agree with that, the only imbalance is then letting 90's fly. - Oh! There's a mining node! Oh.. and a horde rogue just flew in an grabbed it...

Eliminate flying overall, and I'd totally agree.. :D

well you cant really do that now that we have flying mounts

did you bitch when 70s could fly in BC or 77+ in Wrath?

they happened to level faster then you, not their fault
so why punish them?
after all its your personal choice to level via mining/herbing instead of questing
its kinda like saying remove flying form from druids cause one just picked an herb before you due to not having to switch out of flight form
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7350
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:03 pm

bldavis wrote:
halabar wrote:
Lieris wrote:Flying mounts is something we all thought we wanted, not realising how negatively it would effect the game. They are fun but they make the world feel empty, small and devoid of secrets.


I agree with that, the only imbalance is then letting 90's fly. - Oh! There's a mining node! Oh.. and a horde rogue just flew in an grabbed it...

Eliminate flying overall, and I'd totally agree.. :D

well you cant really do that now that we have flying mounts

did you bitch when 70s could fly in BC or 77+ in Wrath?

they happened to level faster then you, not their fault
so why punish them?
after all its your personal choice to level via mining/herbing instead of questing
its kinda like saying remove flying form from druids cause one just picked an herb before you due to not having to switch out of flight form


why do you think I have a druid herber now? if you can't beat them...

but to the point that Lieris made, if you have flying that fast, some of the mystery is lost..

And... if they want people to enjoy the leveling process, then the reward of flying which creates the rush is counter-intuitive.

Wrath and BC were a bit different, since that 60-70, and 70-77 took a little while longer.

And who said I was bitching?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9376
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:17 pm

halabar wrote:I agree with that, the only imbalance is then letting 90's fly. - Oh! There's a mining node! Oh.. and a horde rogue just flew in an grabbed it...

Eliminate flying overall, and I'd totally agree.. :D


sounds like bitching to me (mildly so but still)

im fine with having level 90 only flying, there is a rush no matter what as there will always be ppl who dont give a shit about the story and just want to be max level
you eliminate flying and you will def piss more ppl off then you did with pandas and pokewow

you hit 90 and rushed through the story, ok
i want to enjoy the story and if the cost of that is i get fewer nodes, oh well
its the same thing if you are farming on a toon with only reg flying and someone with epic flying beats you to one
they put out the cash/effort to get there faster then you

its kind of hard to put off flying much longer without raising the level cap, and someone will still blow through everything not paying attention to the story at all and will still beat you to that mining node
plus one of the main draws for a collector like me is doing the cloud serpent chain and getting my own mount that i raised
yes its more dailies, but its the kind of thing that appeals to me
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7350
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:45 pm

[quote="bldavis"]sounds like bitching to me (mildly so but still) /quote]

really... I was just making a point to Lieris's point... chill
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9376
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:49 pm

halabar wrote:really... I was just making a point to Lieris's point... chill

/palm
like i said, mildly so

i was just making a point as well, not trying to make arguments or personal attacks
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7350
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Lieris » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:00 pm

It's not really a moan, just more an observation. It's obvious we can't put the genie back in the bottle but I still think we can look back at its implementation with a critical eye. It has definitely killed world PVP and I liked all the little secrets Azeroth used to have.

Now if they get rid of the disk on the new cloud mount and coloured it yellow I will change my mind on flying mounts. :D

Image
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Lieris wrote:It's not really a moan, just more an observation. It's obvious we can't put the genie back in the bottle but I still think we can look back at its implementation with a critical eye. It has definitely killed world PVP and I liked all the little secrets Azeroth used to have.

Now if they get rid of the disk on the new cloud mount and coloured it yellow I will change my mind on flying mounts. :D

Image


Monks already have something like that... he looks like a monk. Problem solved. :D
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9376
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: So I heard Blizzard is losing customers

Postby Lieris » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:08 pm

halabar wrote:Monks already have something like that... he looks like a monk. Problem solved. :D


I am months behind on MOP stuff. >_< Time to do some digging.
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2181
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Daeva001 and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Daeva001 and 1 guest
?php } else { ?