Remove Advertisements

Summary of Basic MoP Info?

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Summary of Basic MoP Info?

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:46 pm

In challenges I can see speccing repentance being worth it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Darielle » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:05 pm

I'd see FoJ more viable in Challenges than Repentance. Stunlocking mobs and mowing through them is faster than CC'ing them.
Darielle

Postby daishan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Ye 5 mans for sure, I was only meaning in raids, there might be a few bosses with tank switches that would give us time to safely cc something, but I'm guessing in most of those cases instantly stunning it and leaving a dps to cc might be more effective. The main thing to know is casting repentance while a boss is bashing our face in would be a bad move :p
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Feanorion wrote:How about a big "NO" to that. As soon as I hit 5 HoPo, I'm using SotR, then building back to 5, lather-rinse-repeat. I said nothing about using up the 2 banked "emergency" HoPo. In any case, you are attempting to derail this thread yet again. Knock it off. Please stay on topic, or out of the topic. We can argue and sling mud in the regular Forums.

You realise this sort of unnecessary rudeness and aggression is probably a huge reason as to why no one really wants to give you answers.

You ask demand, you receive are accomodated, you argue needlessly and than point fingers and cast blame.

You're probably better served knocking off XT's Tympanic Tantrum: "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!"
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:40 pm

daishan wrote:Ye 5 mans for sure, I was only meaning in raids, there might be a few bosses with tank switches that would give us time to safely cc something, but I'm guessing in most of those cases instantly stunning it and leaving a dps to cc might be more effective. The main thing to know is casting repentance while a boss is bashing our face in would be a bad move :p

Didn't that blizzard dev blog about the raids say that one of the end-bosses in T14 is all about add management and CC?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Weebey » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Pyrea wrote:Didn't that blizzard dev blog about the raids say that one of the end-bosses in T14 is all about add management and CC?

He was probably talking about this: http://mop.wowhead.com/npc=60400#encounter
Weebey

Postby Gab » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:58 pm

Amirya wrote:You ask demand, you receive are accomodated, you argue needlessly and than point fingers and cast blame.

You're probably better served knocking off XT's Tympanic Tantrum: "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!"

SHHH!!!! We were happily treading on needles until you got here!

But really just look at his/her post history and you get the idea, although I was trying to be accommodating and helpful do I get a star? Sorry... random thought: Mojito Mondays... are you an alcoholic if every day is conveniently named after a cocktail?

CAREFUL MAN, THERE'S A BEVERAGE HERE!

Edit: Political correctness.
Gab

Postby Feanorion » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:44 pm

Gab wrote:
Amirya wrote:You ask demand, you receive are accomodated, you argue needlessly and than point fingers and cast blame.

But really just look at his/her post history and you get the idea, although I was trying to be accommodating and helpful do I get a star? Sorry... random thought: Mojito Mondays... are you an alcoholic if every day is conveniently named after a cocktail?

Notice I didn't respond. Slashy (Darielle posts as Slashlove on the WoW Tank Forums) and I have a long, contentious, history over there. I am trying not to let it spill over here. My response to Slashy was actually remarkably civil, given our history.
Feanorion

Postby Gab » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Feanorion wrote:
Gab wrote:

Notice I didn't respond. Slashy (Darielle posts as Slashlove on the WoW Tank Forums) and I have a long, contentious, history over there. I am trying not to let it spill over here. My response to Slashy was actually remarkably civil, given our history.

No worries mate, I shouldn't have strayed from the topic, apologies.
Gab

Postby Darielle » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Nothing has to be contentious if we're talking pure mechanics. If we're getting into understanding of mechanics, and the option/power within, it's worth debating over. So far, you're the only one who's bringing the tank forums up.
Darielle

Postby daishan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:44 pm

Pyrea wrote:
daishan wrote:Ye 5 mans for sure, I was only meaning in raids, there might be a few bosses with tank switches that would give us time to safely cc something, but I'm guessing in most of those cases instantly stunning it and leaving a dps to cc might be more effective. The main thing to know is casting repentance while a boss is bashing our face in would be a bad move :p

Didn't that blizzard dev blog about the raids say that one of the end-bosses in T14 is all about add management and CC?

I've watched several streams of that fight, which is Will of the Emperor last boss in Vaults, for the first 90 sec there's no bosses so we could help with cc, though with the bosses not been up cc probably wont be needed much as the ads will die quick.
Once the bosses are up we'll have our hands full as it's 1 boss per tank and they need to be tanked away from the ad spawn locations as they do the cool looking Devastating Arc which is a 25 yard semi circle.
We don't want anyone getting hit by that cos if they don't we get http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=116808 looking like a very fun fight :D
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta