MoP reputation guide

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP reputation guide

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:48 pm

Not really OT, but do the Water Strider mounts come with built in waterwalking?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3955
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: MoP reputation guide

Postby halabar » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Not really OT, but do the Water Strider mounts come with built in waterwalking?


err.. dunno. That reminds me, I forgot to add the fishing raft.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: MoP reputation guide

Postby Ironshield » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:15 am

At least the patterns are all honored Rep only so far. Except the JC mounts, but those are of course gold sink vanity items anyway, surprised they don't go to exalted. And on a personal note, since my JC is my main, not a problem :)
Image
Ironshield
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Re: MoP reputation guide

Postby Ironshield » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:18 am

I've been avoiding much of the Pandaria hype before now and I'm not in Beta, are these factions associated with zones (like previous expansions) or are we going to have to wait til 90 before picking who to Rep up with anyway?
Image
Ironshield
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Re: MoP reputation guide

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:23 am

I have no proof of this, but I'd imagine up to Honored will mostly be zone quests, with dailies opening at Friendly to continue on (and not forcing you to complete a zone just to be able to rep up with a faction.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3955
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: MoP reputation guide

Postby bldavis » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:18 am

Skye1013 wrote:I have no proof of this, but I'd imagine up to Honored will mostly be zone quests, with dailies opening at Friendly to continue on (and not forcing you to complete a zone just to be able to rep up with a faction.)

ohai therazane!

:twisted:
hopefully we wont see a rep like that, esp with shoulder enchants coming from scribes now
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7382
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: MoP reputation guide

Postby degre » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:51 am

halabar wrote:
Newsom wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:I'm also wondering about the two metal transmute patterns. Don't think those are on the trainer yet...


They could be discoveries.


Could be, all the high end stuff appears to be either discoveries or rep.

JC rare patterns - discovery
Alchem rare gem transmutes - discovery
Engineering Cogwheels - discovery

Since Alchem already has some discovery recipies, I'm afraid the metal transmutes might be rep.

On the cogwheels, do we know if they're already in the beta and how much engineering they require before being discovered?

As I'm playing a bit in the beta to get some knowledge of the areas and a couple of days ago I've built my mechanical dragonling, which is empty as I can't be arsed in beta to farm for older cogwheels, was thinking probably for the game going live to have a few cata cogs ready just to fill them in absentia of the newer ones.


Skye1013 wrote:Not really OT, but do the Water Strider mounts come with built in waterwalking?

Just a guess, but I would say they should come with the waterwalking, being that is unique to this mount it shouldn't be a skill to learn.


bldavis wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:I have no proof of this, but I'd imagine up to Honored will mostly be zone quests, with dailies opening at Friendly to continue on (and not forcing you to complete a zone just to be able to rep up with a faction.)

ohai therazane!

:twisted:
hopefully we wont see a rep like that, esp with shoulder enchants coming from scribes now

To be fair, on a raiding perspective aside from recipes I don't really see any real reason for grinding any rep, the gear is easily obtainable via heroics or LFR, and the main reason so far to farm reps was for the enchants which are no more, as the head enchant is simply gone and the shoulders as you say are covered by scribes.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
User avatar
degre
 
Posts: 1139
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:11 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: MoP reputation guide

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:11 am

Ironshield wrote:I've been avoiding much of the Pandaria hype before now and I'm not in Beta, are these factions associated with zones (like previous expansions) or are we going to have to wait til 90 before picking who to Rep up with anyway?


Zone based, some don't open till 90.

That also reminds me, I forgot one other, that grants you the cloud serpents (new Netherwing).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: MoP reputation guide

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:19 am

degre wrote:On the cogwheels, do we know if they're already in the beta and how much engineering they require before being discovered?

To be fair, on a raiding perspective aside from recipes I don't really see any real reason for grinding any rep, the gear is easily obtainable via heroics or LFR, and the main reason so far to farm reps was for the enchants which are no more, as the head enchant is simply gone and the shoulders as you say are covered by scribes.


On the Cogwheels, I don't think they are in yet. I leveled engineering to 585 over the weekend and didn't discover anything, and a guildie on beta did 600 and didn't discover anything either.

For a progressive raider, yeah, not really a need for any of the reps. They appear to have scaled back from that, as there was supposed to be stuff from the Tillers that would be a benefit.

For the casual raider, there are a lot of things, gear, the LFR loot boost, and the crafting stuff.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: MoP reputation guide

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:22 am

Note on the gem discovery...

You use 3 of the same color blue-quality gems, and get a random pattern and 2 cut gems of the same color, not necessarily the same pattern. (might be a variable there, I only did it once, as there is a cooldown). Gonna be a bit expensive to get all the cuts that you want.

All the gems require a 417 ilvl.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: MoP reputation guide

Postby Newsom » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:32 pm

So the new JC discoveries are kind of like Inscription Research? How long is the cooldown? 1 day? Can you do one for each color every time or do you have to pick which color you want to do?
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: MoP reputation guide

Postby Gab » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Newsom wrote:So the new JC discoveries are kind of like Inscription Research? How long is the cooldown? 1 day? Can you do one for each color every time or do you have to pick which color you want to do?


Yeah similar to Inscription research except that you get an actual item called Facets of Research which contains (or teaches?) the patern. From the tooltips it sounds like only one color can be used per day... if that's the case it's going to take ages to get all the cuts and you'll have to be pretty lucky to get the ones you need if they are hybrid gems.

Wowhead wrote:Primordial Ruby
3.5 sec cast 1 sec cooldown
Reagents:
Primordial Ruby (3)
Attempts to discover a red Pandaria gem recipe of superior quality. If you have learned all red gem recipes, you may discover a recipe for another color gem.

You can only perform one Pandaria research per day.

Facets of Research
Unique
Item Level 90
<Right Click to Open>


Here's to hoping you can do more than one color per day but from the wording of the current tooltip...

Edit: Actually thinking about it... maybe Facets of Research is what contains the gems that are a byproduct of the research and you learn the recipe from performing the research.
User avatar
Gab
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am
Location: Wish you were here

Re: MoP reputation guide

Postby halabar » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Gab wrote:Edit: Actually thinking about it... maybe Facets of Research is what contains the gems that are a byproduct of the research and you learn the recipe from performing the research.


This. As I noted above someplace, you learn a pattern, and get the item that has gem(s) in it, not necessarily the same cut as what you learned.

And it is a 24-hour cooldown, or a nightly reset.. something like that.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: MoP reputation guide

Postby Newsom » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:57 am

Interesting. I guess it'll go quicker if you really want to learn every single recipe copared to the current model of 3 dailies per recipe, but at the same time you can't pick out which ones you get first. Has the potential to be a nice money maker if you're lucky the first week.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: MoP reputation guide

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:29 am

Newsom wrote:Interesting. I guess it'll go quicker if you really want to learn every single recipe copared to the current model of 3 dailies per recipe, but at the same time you can't pick out which ones you get first. Has the potential to be a nice money maker if you're lucky the first week.


True, but it won't be quite that fast. The gems do require 417 ilvl, so until people start hitting that gear level en-mass, sales might be slow..

...and actually, it might be wise to watch for panic sellers of cut regular gems from level, especially the perfect ones, as there may not be much demand in the first 2 weeks, but there could be a lot of people leveling JC and wanting to dump cut gems.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests