Beta Retribution

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Beta Retribution

Postby Forgrim » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:57 am

I've been leveling as ret, but my experience has been somewhat negative. HP generation is amazing, but if you don't get an art of war proc, I find myself sitting on CS/EXO/Ja all on CD at times with HP at 2-3. Losing holy wrath/consecration filler has hurt since I can't fill it with anything.

Mind you, i'm unable to optimize my keybinds/ui at the current time (using friends account) but it seems even with ideal play, i'd be in situations like this. what do you fill the empty time between with?
Forgrim

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:59 am

Uhm, while istancing as ret i have, let's say 20% downtime where I can't hit anything. I think it has always been part of the intended melee gameplay to have moments in which you got nothing to press (all melee classes have some)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Forgrim » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:05 am

i was thinking maybe to glyph harsh words and use WoG at 2HP against the opponent just to fill in during those times i can't do anything. otherwise, refresh sacred shield (if your talented that way). but to optimize dps, it really sucks not doing anything during those downtimes.
Forgrim

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:27 am

It's definitively a DPS loss to use Harsh Words at 2 HP.

Any ret will be specced Sacred Shield anyway since the other 2 talents are more or less pointless in a PvE view.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:09 pm

I wouldn't say useless, but I'm definitely leaning towards sacred shield myself for pve.

Anyway, is there any consensus on the top tier talents for ret? I tend to lean towards ES for single target at LH for aoe, but I could be entirely off base. Am I wrong for thinking that ret is going to be hit with some kind of monster nerf once the pvp players discover that ret burst is intense again? I mean, looking at it, with avenger, wings, gank and ES it looks like ret will be bringing a lot of hurt for 15/20 seconds every few minutes and not much outside of that. Kind of seems problematic
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:27 am

ES is the highest DPS spell of the pack according to EJ.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby theckhd » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:45 am

That's not terribly surprising. ES is highest DPS for Prot by a good margin for the same reasons it's best for Ret.
-It's the highest total damage per minute if cast on cooldown.
-It scales 6x as fast as Holy Prism
-It has the lowest opportunity cost (1 GCD vs. 3 for HPr). That's even more important for Ret than for prot, since they have good fillers and more on-GCD casts.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta