Pathetic.

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Pathetic.

Postby Feanorion » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:12 pm

This board is pathetic. Hardly any traffic. I start a thread asking some pretty basic, helpful questions. The answers are not readily found in any of the half dozen not-quite-dead threads gasping weakly for air.

Not one helpful answer.

And some moronic asshat mod locks it.

This whole board can burn in hell if the only thing that gets a response is circle-jerk ass-kissing. Not that more than about a dozen people would miss it.

What useful function do you people think this place serves if not to share information? If not to give people a place to find answers?

Be the stuck-up uber-geek nerdlings pretending to be superior.
Feanorion

Re: Pathetic.

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:33 pm

Not all views come from members, and not all members know the answers to your questions. Getting an attitude because you don't get a response within the first 1.5 hours of posting something isn't exactly a great way to get helpful responses.

Edit: Also... if you look at the Advance Theorycrafting & Calculations thread, you'd see theckhd, tlitp and a few others working on figuring out which specs/rotations/enchants work best based on the current beta builds. Maybe check there for more info?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Feanorion » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Skye, that was a helpful answer. A shame no one else was even remotely courteous. But I am not looking for advanced theorycrafting or calculations. It never would have occurred to me to look there for basic, beginning-MoP info.
Feanorion

Postby Fetzie » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Things begin in the Advanced Theorycrafting section and then get put into charts for us non-mathheads :)

Not much point in writing up essays on tanking when it can be outdated in a few days when a new build goes online.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Feanorion » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Pyrea wrote:Things begin in the Advanced Theorycrafting section and then get put into charts for us non-mathheads :)

Not much point in writing up essays on tanking when it can be outdated in a few days when a new build goes online.

That does not excuse the locking of my other thread. There was absolutely no reason or excuse for that type of mod-bullying. Not one out-of-line word.
Feanorion

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Feanorion wrote:10 views--- no replies. Fantastic.

My guess would be it stems from this.

In other news: patience is a virtue :)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:23 pm

Feanorion wrote:What useful function do you people think this place serves if not to share information? If not to give people a place to find answers?

You seem to have confused the purpose of the board. It is a fantastic repository of information for both new and experienced Paladin tanks. What it isn't is a place to handhold lazy gits who expect to demand answers to their shitty questions handed to them on a silver platter and then get snarky and pissy when they don't get it within the first hour and a half. This thread is basically the worst thing you could have done. Gratz dude.
Levantine

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Well in your previous thread you basically jabbed at the same community who you are asking for help, after not getting the help you wanted in less than 2 hours.

After that, your thread was just going to be a flame fest, so a mod locked it. If you want to discuss that matter further feel free to PM me or one of the other Global Moderators.

This thread, likewise is going to suffer from the same fate, so I have locked it as well.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta