5.0.4 PTR

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 5.0.4 PTR

Postby stevos » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:24 am

Unless they have changed to loot table recently, I have run that dungeon about 20 times on the beta and never seen it drop. Not exactly optimistic of getting it on live.
stevos

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:39 am

They've pushed it back a week, so it really isn't an issue anymore... unless you have 4 shammy alts.. (come to think of it, I have a very low geared shammy that it might be helpful to get in there...) but... the tankards might still be BOE, so.. PROFIT!!!!

The interesting thing will be how the new loot system in LFR works out and how quickly gear up from that.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:34 am

Silly question of the month: Does anyone know if Pet Battles are supposed to go live with 5.0 or will be unavailable till Pandaria? I know they are disabled on the PTR.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:29 am

They probably require an MoP-activated account, much like new professions in an expansion do.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:17 am

T_________________________T I hoped to have something to do in 5.0...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:57 am

You can run the Fall of Theramore scenario over, and over, and over. ;)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:37 am

KysenMurrin wrote:They probably require an MoP-activated account, much like new professions in an expansion do.

they dont require MoP but i bet they will be launched with the xpack

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby degre » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:52 am

bldavis wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:They probably require an MoP-activated account, much like new professions in an expansion do.

5.0 IS the xpack.

If it doesn't require MoP activate will be available when 5.0 hits, if it requires MoP will be available after MoP is offically released.

Considering that 5.0 is on PTR and doesn't have pets, I'd say this feature requires MoP activated.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:47 am

degre wrote:
bldavis wrote:

5.0 IS the xpack.

If it doesn't require MoP activate will be available when 5.0 hits, if it requires MoP will be available after MoP is offically released.

Considering that 5.0 is on PTR and doesn't have pets, I'd say this feature requires MoP activated.

5.0 is the pre-patch
but yes, it will be avail when MoP goes live

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nooska » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:44 pm

bldavis wrote:
degre wrote:
bldavis wrote:they dont require MoP but i bet they will be launched with the xpack

5.0 IS the xpack.

5.0 is the pre-patch
but yes, it will be avail when MoP goes live

And doesn't require MoP (there is a bleu post somewhere about it, woild find kt but am not at home, and searching from an iDevice for anyhing serious is annoying as heck)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:26 pm

thus my top quote

:P

bldavis

Postby stevos » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:44 am

Can't find the post now to quote

I gave ultra heroic 10 ago in my full ret gear but using sword/shield

Hit 30k dps, without really pushing things.

Now wondering what other fights I can get away with it. Was fun hitting on every blow.

I am hoping 5.0 will allow a bit more of such behaviour.

Has made me reconsider the possibility as levelling as prot with ret gear.
stevos

Postby daishan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:59 am

Nice, our warrior went and ninja pulled ultra this week I didn't get to pre pot or use my pull macro >.<
I keep wanting to go ret gear for the whole thing but we're selling boost runs as a guild so can't really afford to risk wipes from me getting squashed.
One thing to note if you're trying to get ranked on ultra make sure you log it yourself as you can loose up to 1k or so from the person logging been in the other realm, and one other thing I think someone did the maths and showed that 2p t12 prot got more dps then going full t13 ret, unfortunately I missed getting most of my heroic tier gear in FL hence why I just use full t13 ret.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby stevos » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:26 am

daishan wrote:Nice, our warrior went and ninja pulled ultra this week I didn't get to pre pot or use my pull macro >.<
I keep wanting to go ret gear for the whole thing but we're selling boost runs as a guild so can't really afford to risk wipes from me getting squashed.
One thing to note if you're trying to get ranked on ultra make sure you log it yourself as you can loose up to 1k or so from the person logging been in the other realm, and one other thing I think someone did the maths and showed that 2p t12 prot got more dps then going full t13 ret, unfortunately I missed getting most of my heroic tier gear in FL hence why I just use full t13 ret.

I would give it ago.

I was concerned that it would get hit hard, but only took about 8k hps more than the other tank, which considering i started tanking and so tanked for longer duration is impressive.

The healer wasn't paying attention on TS (its dragonsoul after all ZZzzzz) when i said i was going to do it, and when I asked afterwards, they didn't even notice the difference.

I can't run WOL unforunetely. My wow install is on an SSD and running logs would kill it fast. I haven't found a way to redirect the logs to another directory.

With Str giving more Parry in 5.0 and hit/expertise/haste having an effect on dmg reduction, it should be even easier.
stevos

Postby daishan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:48 am

Ye ultra isn't a problem with the high cd up time we have on that I've been running dps gear on it for a while now.
It's stuff like Zon if the person we're boosting gets in the way and causes an extra bounce or if the ship hates us and puts fire everywhere along with unlucky warmaster debuff stacking. That stops me from going too mad on the rest of the bosses, if our rogue stops slacking and signs up for a run I'll steal tricks and risk some silly gear set up :D
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta