Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:52 am

Protection...
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Re: Paladin tanking specs for MoP

Postby stevos » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:58 am

I can't seem to get wowhead to link the build but i have been running the following on beta.

1, 2, 3, 2,3
stevos

Postby Nordix » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:51 am

I'm running with 3-1-3-2-1
Nordix

Postby Fetzie » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:39 pm

I'm using 3 1 3 1 1 right now.

• I like the constant runspeed bonus (4 years of Pursuit of justice makes no runspeed bonus just feel way too slow)
  • 30 second stun = yes please. Otherwise Repentance for CC, although it has a cast time, which sucks.
  • Uncertain between selfless healer and sacred shield. Will probably end up with Selfless healer instant FoL healy goodness, possibly together with the Flash of Light glyph for huge WoG heals
  • Hand of Purity/Unbreakable Spirit...I don't know. I guess for places with big DoT damage, if we get another Yor'sahj for instance, HoPur, otherwise less CD on LoH would be nice, but it only reduces the active cooldowns, so you can't pre-emptively turn LoH into a 5 min CD.
  • Holy Avenger works out as basically a 2 min 50-70% damage reduction against physical with two WoGs thrown in there for good measure. It is pretty much the same as Sanctified Wrath, except HA relies on you being able to fire off a CS every 4.5 seconds and a J every 6. I can imagine SW being better for DPS, as you get 10 seconds more Wings
  • No idea what I'll take in the final tier, they all look very much alike...
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Izot » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:27 pm

Been running 3 1 3 2 1 2 in all the raid testing.
Izot

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:37 am

Pyrea wrote:[*]No idea what I'll take in the final tier, they all look very much alike...[/list]

Assuming we're not too fussed about tank t/dps (in which case i believe ES is the best choice), I'd say Holy Prism is the most viable choice since it can provide a decent amount of healing to the melee group.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby theckhd » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:22 am

Worldie wrote:
Pyrea wrote:[*]No idea what I'll take in the final tier, they all look very much alike...[/list]

Assuming we're not too fussed about tank t/dps (in which case i believe ES is the best choice), I'd say Holy Prism is the most viable choice since it can provide a decent amount of healing to the melee group.

My simulations are pointing at HP being roughly equivalent DPS as ES as well. It does ~1/3 the damage, but has 1/3 the cooldown. It does take 3 GCDs though, which gives it a much higher opportunity cost (especially if you spec Sacred Shield, which fills most/all the empty GCDs).

I think for raw DPS, ES will be better simply based on GCD availability. HPr and Light's Hammer will be a nice option for more healing-intensive fights though.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:25 am

Pyrea wrote:otherwise less CD on LoH would be nice, but it only reduces the active cooldowns, so you can't pre-emptively turn LoH into a 5 min CD.

It's sort of irrelevant anyway, since we'll be spending enough HP to guarantee that LoH becomes a 5-minute CD. Divine protection turns into a ~40s cooldown, if I remember correctly (and assuming the calculations are still roughly valid).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Darielle » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:45 am

Yep, 40 seconds is about right on DP. Short of not being able to attack for an extended period of time, LoH should always be around the 5 min mark.
Darielle

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:41 am

BM....
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:44 pm

halabar wrote:BM....

Bowel movement?

Paladin tanking specs for MoP
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby stevos » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Mine were for levelling in 5mans.

Not sure for raids yet, but expecting to switch regularly like I did with glyphs when progressing
stevos

Postby Xequecal » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Worldie wrote:

Holy Prism is also a ranged AoE "taunt" that heals the target getting attacked, which makes it the clear winner IMHO. Consecration even with the glyph still has that annoying 1-sec delay before it does damage.
Xequecal

Postby Harb » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:28 pm

http://mop.wowhead.com/mists-of-pandari ... lator#lxfY is the spec i am currently testing in Heroic 5 mans not geared for raiding and can't make raid times.

Aoe threat doesn't seem to be an issue at present. Any tips for changes are welcomed :D
Harb

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta