Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:26 am

So I'm back.

My barbarian is now 60, I run with 8k armor 800 phis resist 670 fire resist 480 other resists and 15k dps, with a 1250 dps 2h weapon.
While I got no problems with normal mobs in act 2, elites with any kind of elemental damage are simply destroying me

I'm running this setup http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/b ... aVb!Zaaccb

Any pointer on how to not be annihilated by expecially chains of fire / fiery mobs (but also any other kind of elemental damage mob)?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:14 am

We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Gab » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:31 am

Worldie wrote:So I'm back.

My barbarian is now 60, I run with 8k armor 800 phis resist 670 fire resist 480 other resists and

Any pointer on how to not be annihilated by expecially chains of fire / fiery mobs (but also any other kind of elemental damage mob)?

Are those resists buffed or unbuffed? If buffed your AR is way too low for Act II.

Also as Flex posted, Superstition is great for reducing elemental damage and I would consider it a must have until you reach high levels of armor/resist.
Gab

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:09 am

"way too low" O_O?

I got all my gear with armor + fire/phis resist + all resists, how am i supposed to raise it even more? >.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:31 am

Worldie wrote:"way too low" O_O?

I got all my gear with armor + fire/phis resist + all resists, how am i supposed to raise it even more? >.<

Get more.

With the enchantress for the 15% armor buff and with a shield I'm at 12K armor and depending on which necklace I wear I'm at around 1000 resist all.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Gab » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:43 am

Worldie wrote:"way too low" O_O?

Well with 11 slots, since you are using a two hander, 480 buffed is only 320 unbuffed which averages out to about 30 AR per peice. You can definitely find gear with higher AR that is reasonably priced, rings and neck could be a PITA but in general the other pieces should easily have 50+ AR. It's going to be even more important that your gear have high survivability since you are you using a 2H instead of 1H+shield.

You could give it a go after switching out Pound of Flesh for Superstition but I think with AR that low you are still going to get gibbed pretty quickly.
Gab

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:48 am

All the pieces i got cost 100k+ each, I've got 20k gold left, I'm nowhere in the position to buy those 70 AR pieces for 500k gold each :S

Basically you telling me that Act 2+ Inferno is out of reach for anyone like me who plays casually.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Gab » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:48 am

Worldie wrote:Basically you telling me that Act 2+ Inferno is out of reach for anyone like me who plays casually.

If you don't want to drag/skip champ packs to progress then yeah... Which is one of the many problems with the game. Unless you spend a lot of time farming or get really lucky with drops or both then you are pretty much screwed.
Gab

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:43 am

Well I've changed to the setup suggested above and 1h+shield... I've managed to do most champion packs, but some just look plain impossible to me.

Mostly mobs with Fear, they chainfear me and I can't do anything for up to 10 seconds which means a quick death.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Treck » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:19 am

Act 2 is really pretty easy tbh.
Get Wrath and earthquake and decent ammount of dps before hand (15k unbuffed is fine)
Atleast I kill most elites just fine, before wrath runs out atleast, and I always find myself waiting 10-20sec before each elite pack for the CDs.
Its not the fastest way to do it I guess, but I can take on one elite pack every 90sec (with the passive that gives 30sec less CD on earthquake/Wrath)
You want your CDs, and I just rather wait a few sec before I pull the pack, beeing able to open on them with all CDs makes it so much easier.
Extra health packs can be annoying as those you might have to kill without CDs beeing up 100% of the time, but there I just try to focus down one before it all ends, makes it a lot easier later on.
Treck

Postby halabar » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:44 am

Man, sales are slllooowww....
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nordix » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:00 am

Impressions after spending insane amounts of gold on my barb and soloclearing the game with stable 5 stacks,no skipped packs.

Act 1 is like a themepark,you can have fun pulling 5 packs together to see what happens and then enjoy the lootshower,without any repercussions.

Act 2 is where lots of classes and specs top out,its harder definitely than a1,still doable/overgearable and while its a bit tricky,you can actually find a ~25min very efficient farm route too with multiple goblins and about 15-20 elites.

Act 3 is where the cancer starts spreading,especially as melee.I'm an overgeared barbarian right now,and even if I include skills like leap or charge or both,I still find myself closing gaps 90% of the time against certain mobs.They seem to stop for 1-3 seconds tops and then run for 5-8.Meanwhile they can pull additional mobs or simply their comrades can turret me down - this is kinda out of my control a lot,skill doesnt make much difference.Ghom was also very hard and is VERY VERY punishing for rangeds/group play with rangeds.

Fallen firemagi/shamans,Succubi,occultists,impalers. If you encounter an elite or champ pack,one kites you while the rest does damage to you and if they have knockback,fear and jailer (Or just one of these),its REALLY REALLY struggling and wipey.
This one neeeds some fixin'.
Melee damage on certain mobs is also insane,such as Phasebeast champs/elites (Hitting for 4.5-7k per sec,and there is like 3-7 of them with additional affixes.) or the golgors (champions and elites again,getting hit for 10k+ on 11k armor 1k phys res is a bit like WTF) or those tremors,they are enraged 100% of the time for melee,cannot kite them either and if you happen to encounter a fast affixed pack,you're pretty much GG when they go red.I'd also like to mention Swift Skullcleavers hitting like trucks/buses
Mild fixin required on melee damage.

ELEMENTAL DAMAGE is beyond describable,fire damage - all kind of fire damage except maybe desecration - is bugged on multiple levels.
Its not being reduced by armor or resistance -molten firechain ,occultists hitting for 7-10k with their fireattack to name some,firemagi?
Firechain can be ridicoulusly annoying too and is kinda broken. While its damage is not THAT high baseline ,so even without reduction in it's current bugged state, it's manageable,however the fact that it keeps interrupting my character continuously is out of my grasp.If I get caught in it,high chance I either die or end up coming out of it with 10% hp,because when you try moving,your character just doesn't move, keeps rubberbanding because the "I'm hit " animation takes priority over movement AND ability usage, so I cant even use revenge most of the time to heal myself even if I'm spamming it or try tomove away,my only option most of the time is watching my barbarian die with ignore pain up. (IP is at least usable in any situations,including while being cced)
Serious fixing required on elemental (MOSTLY FIRE) damage.(At least they've admitted it's bugged)

HEAVY CC is also very broken in my opinion. Getting chainfrozen/feared/jailed/knockbacked/stunned one after another is out of my control most of the time,save for frozen maybe and this ccspam makes any kiter mob in a3 and a4 pretty much borderline retarded to kill.

Act 4 is kinda easy to be honest,I was expecting serious butthurt feelings, but I ended up steamrolling most of it.Opressor firebreath attack is bugged (~10k per sec,and that's only one normal nonelite nonchampion opressor,but then again,firedamage),on the other hand morlu incinerator champs/elites are the embodiment of pure cancer.We got Succubi doing the same things as in a3,Armaddons chainstunning and that's about it.Last but not least,diablo is doing huge amounts of damage with one of his fireattacks that is unavoidable 90% of the time as melee (Firedamage,nothing to see here)It was a walk in the park on my barb compared to act 3.

Recap:
  • Fix firedamage on Blazing constructs (a2),Firemagi/ocultists(a3) and molten/firechain affixes
  • Fix melee damage on Skullcleavers,Tremors,Golgors and Phasebeasts
  • Fix the AI of firemagi,occultists,impalers,succubi so they dont kite 95% of the time OR add benny hill music for melee while we fight them
  • Fix some of the CC affixes,especially fear and stun related ones,jailer and knockack are only very bad in certain special cases.

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: Worldi if you play in EU I can help you or boost your or whatever.
Nordix

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:38 am

I'm leveling a witch doctor as my "no AH" character. I'm in Act 2 Nightmare and my zombie dogs don't live long enough for sacrifice to be that useful.

This is my current build. What are some non-pet playstyles for level 39+?
Flex

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:54 am

I'd just say endure one more level and go vision quest build.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:15 am

My issue with the Witch Doctor is they have a lot of fun spells but no spells that grab me by the collar and scream in my face "Fucking Awesome!" so I'm at a lack of styles to try outside of pet ones, but my poor zombie dogs just get slaughtered now.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games