Fairly new to tanking need help with my gear

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Fairly new to tanking need help with my gear

Postby Apollwn » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:25 am

Hi guys!
This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... lwn/simple
Can you guys tell me where I m sitting atm gear wise?
I d also like to know what raids I could do atm with my current gear!
I know I gotta change cape/bracers which I will in due time!
Other than that any advice on gear will be very helpful tyvm!
Apollwn

Re: Fairly new to tanking need help with my gear

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:49 am

Alrighty, let's take a look under the hood for a moment.

One of the first things I see is that you're only at around 96.2% CTC with no buffs. This needs to be about 5% higher depending on what food you use / elixirs. To close this gap, I would say you need to drop the the stam one in favor of a Puissant and the then change the Puissant in your relic to a straight Mastery.

Next, you need to enchant a few of your items; back, bracers and legs.

I see you notice your weak areas in gear, but other areas that need attention (in order of presendice to be replaced -- if I was gearing your toon): VP Bracers, Neck, VP Boots, Back. The reason I'm listing Back as the last that I would replace is that you'd be losing mastery and at the moment, you cannot afford that if you're wanting to get into raiding some content. The BOE Bracers and Boots can easily be acquired for (depending on your server) 600g - 2000g total.

Looking at your spec/glyphs, I sort of recommend you stop the Ascetic Crusader in favor of Focused Shield. Mana has never been a concern unless you're spamming Consecration and Holy Wrath on CD.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Apollwn » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:11 am

Thank you very much for your reply I appreciate it! I will look into getting the bracers/boots asap! Though isnt the hc version on the boots I currently have BiS for tanks atm?
Apollwn

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:29 am

Actually, taking a second glance, I wouldn't replace your boots. I dunno why I was thinking the raid ones did not have mastery.

But yes, the heroic version of the boots are BIS for tanking. However, the thing to remember is that our BIS for this tier was predetermined by Blizzard when they gave no other choices for each of the gear slots minus a couple. So when you look at a loot table and you see a tanking item, you can bet donuts to dollars that it's gonna be your BIS piece.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice