Remove Advertisements

MoP Digital Deluxe Edition & Release Date - Sept 25th

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: MoP Digital Deluxe Edition & Release Date - Sept 25th

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:58 am

Sabindeus wrote:
halabar wrote:$20 for a mount that a million other players will have?... eh... Might go for the JC mount instead. It will be more unique.

Personally I choose my mounts on how cool they look rather than how unique they look. Used the Paladin Charger pretty much my entire career, until the Tyrael's horsie came out.

Not sure how i feel about this one yet... it looks like a big catdog thing and I am not fond of catdog things

Coolness is diminished somewhat when there's 100 fluttering around the SW bank.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:15 am

halabar wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
halabar wrote:$20 for a mount that a million other players will have?... eh... Might go for the JC mount instead. It will be more unique.

Personally I choose my mounts on how cool they look rather than how unique they look. Used the Paladin Charger pretty much my entire career, until the Tyrael's horsie came out.

Not sure how i feel about this one yet... it looks like a big catdog thing and I am not fond of catdog things

Coolness is diminished somewhat when there's 100 fluttering around the SW bank.

NOPE! :) Coolness is definitely constant. At least for me. It is derived not from its uniqueness or rarity, but from it being A FUCKING ARMORED FLYING HORSE WITH ANGEL WINGS OMG.

I also wear Judgment armor despite the fact that everyone and their mother has a set of that.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:16 am

Either ways, there were 100 floating around the bank at the release of the annual pass.

However, nowadays I'm the only person in stormwind (actually, in ROCCAVENTO) with it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby theckhd » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:21 am

halabar wrote:Coolness is diminished somewhat when there's 100 fluttering around the SW bank.

Only if your definition of coolness hinges on exclusivity. If you just think a flying pony made of stars is cool, period, then that doesn't necessarily diminish the appeal of the sparkle pony.

Ironically enough, it's the same problem with the elitist/casual debate going on in the official forums. A lot of the complaints boil down to "but if other (implied: "lesser") players have it, it's not as special, even if they get it 6 months later." That's true if what makes you happy is having stuff that other people don't, either as a symbol of your skill or just because you like having stuff other people don't. But it has no bearing on what makes for good game design, nor on what makes a game fun for other players.

But let's not derail this thread with that debate - I just thought the parallel was amusing.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Winkle » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:32 am

I'll be intrigued to know whether MoP forms part of the next annual pass.
Winkle

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:57 am

theckhd wrote:
halabar wrote:Coolness is diminished somewhat when there's 100 fluttering around the SW bank.

Only if your definition of coolness hinges on exclusivity. If you just think a flying pony made of stars is cool, period, then that doesn't necessarily diminish the appeal of the sparkle pony.

Note the bold.. :-)

I would say uniqueness is about 30% of it for me, 40% looks, and 30% utility/annoyance. I love the looks of raptor mounts, but HATE the bouncing. I like the looks of the new panderian phoenixes, but I can't stand the flapping tail in my face.

Need to see how the JC mount flies and runs.

halabar

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:59 am

If a mount / pet is annoying it gains +5000 usefulness for me.

WTS Lil-Xt
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:23 am

When is the digital download available for download?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:26 am

Fenrìr wrote:When is the digital download available for download?

I don't think it's listed... but I think last expansion it was around the time they finished beta and closed that up. Maybe a month or so before expansion launch I want to say. It'll be downloadable before the actual release date for sure though, if that's what you're wondering.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:27 am

Worldie wrote:If a mount / pet is annoying it gains +5000 usefulness for me.

WTS Lil-Xt

IF it's annoying to you it gains usefulness? (I wasn't talking about annoying to other players, I was talking about mounts that induce seasickness... but hey, if that's your thing.. :lol: )

halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:28 am

Nikachelle wrote:

I don't think it's listed... but I think last expansion it was around the time they finished beta and closed that up. Maybe a month or so before expansion launch I want to say. It'll be downloadable before the actual release date for sure though, if that's what you're wondering.

It will likely start pre-downloading sooner, since part of it will be the 5.0 patch anyway.

halabar

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:58 am

halabar wrote:IF it's annoying to you it gains usefulness? (I wasn't talking about annoying to other players, I was talking about mounts that induce seasickness... but hey, if that's your thing.. :lol: )

No mount can reach the level of annoyance of the Sea Turtle (for it's jump animation) and Roflcopter (for the constant noise)

There was that one day when we were in like 7 with the turtle mount, constantly spamming the bounce, and people around going like PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY STOP THIS MADNESS IM GOING TO KILL MYSELF IF YOU DONT etc

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:59 am

Fucking... sea turtle...
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:07 pm

^____________________________________________________^

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Nikachelle wrote:

yea, that's what I'm curious about. I play on ADSL and my download isn't the best. ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNND, the military store here in Spain is kind of slow to get some new releases...so I don't want to chance being late to level up and hold the guild back from progression. Not to mention, Amazon may not be able to deliver on time. So I've been contemplating the digital download, but not sure how it works.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta