Looking for a server to roll ally on.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Looking for a server to roll ally on.

Postby Morza » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Week ago a friend of mine sends me a Rezz scroll and I took it. Since she is Horde as well and I can just cross realm group with her for dungeons I decided use the 80 boost on an Alliance toon. Anyone mind giving me some good server suggestions? I prefer PvE over PvP.
Morza

Re: Looking for a server to roll ally on.

Postby bldavis » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:12 am

EU or NA?
are you looking for RP or normal or does it matter?
what kind of guild are you looking for?

these are all important questions :)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Koatanga » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:08 am

You cannot cross-realm group horde and alliance, so if she's horde, you need to roll horde.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Teranoid » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:32 am

Koatanga wrote:You cannot cross-realm group horde and alliance, so if she's horde, you need to roll horde.

He means he's playing his horde on his account and using the free 80 to make an alliance toon somewhere.
Teranoid

Postby Zobel » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Last edited by Zobel on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zobel

Postby rodos » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:40 pm

I played on Lightbringer-US in Wrath when it held the most-progressed-PvE-realm status that Stormrage has now. It was a pretty good place to be, with lots of pugs, gdkp runs, and really always something going on (a couple of Australia/SEA guilds kept things running more or less 24x7). In general I think the high-pop, mature servers are a good place to run alts, since there's generally a lot of opportunity for casual activities, and a stable AH.
rodos

Postby Morza » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Sorry was late when I posted this.
Normal PvE
NA
Laid back kind of guild. Would like to raid but not with people who will flip out after a wipe or 2.Preferably people who joke around a lot.

I plan to roll Either a Druid,Warrior,DK or Pally since I like tanking more than dpsing (Hate healing)

Its funny. I actually had a lvl 80 NE warrior back in Wrath but the guild I was in all left to Stormrage. They asked me to come too but didn't wanna waste money transferring an alt when my main was horde so I abandoned it.
Morza

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:32 pm

I'd offer up Scarlet Crusade (Paragon Knights guild) but it's an RP/PVE server. Granted, I don't generally see a lot of RPing.

We raid most Friday nights, occasionally Saturdays (was moreso when we weren't able to complete the current raids in 2 hours... like t11/12.)

We have tanks that rotate based on who is online, but primarily it's Amirya (pally) and bldavis (druid). bldavis doesn't so much mind dpsing though (or at least hasn't complained about it to my knowledge.)

Fair warning, Lev has a low tolerance for stupidity (as do some of the rest of us, depending on the night) so make sure your gear is properly enchanted/reforged and you aren't missing key talents (e.g. damage reduction cds/passive healing buffs.) Oh... and remember: do NOT stand in fire (excepting certain mechanics... like Blackhorn/Spine), but DO stand in aoe heals.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Morza » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Scarlet Crusade doesn't sound bad at all. I may not get to raid with you guys though. With my work schedule I'll only really get to raid on Saturday and Sunday nights. If I did get a night where I could though you wouldn't have to worry since my tanks are always properly chanted,gemmed,reforged,specced and I never stand in fire...unless there is an achieve for it.
Morza

Postby bldavis » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Morza wrote:Scarlet Crusade doesn't sound bad at all. I may not get to raid with you guys though. With my work schedule I'll only really get to raid on Saturday and Sunday nights. If I did get a night where I could though you wouldn't have to worry since my tanks are always properly chanted,gemmed,reforged,specced and I never stand in fire...unless there is an achieve for it.

it is basically a normal PVE realm, you do run into a group of RPers occasionally

like skye said, i am one of our current tanks, but i actually enjoy dpsing so if we had another full time tank, i wouldnt have a problem going dps full time

during progression, i tend to lean towards 2 night raiding, though with 3 longer raids, maybe 3 night a week in T14? (it is something i have been thinking about, no set plans yet)

currently in PK as far as MTadins, Amirya, myself, Skye, Levintine are all raiders, and i know Teranoid has at least one alt
Shoju and a few others have had alts as well (those are all i can think of off the top of my head)

if you are interested, just do a /who Paragon and ask for ami or catagon once you get to SC :)

edit: ty for reminding me i need to do the new recruitment thread

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Teranoid » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:43 pm

bldavis wrote:currently in PK as far as MTadins, Amirya, myself, Skye, Levintine are all raiders, and i know Teranoid has at least one alt

edit: ty for reminding me i need to do the new recruitment thread

Which reminds me.. I need to bring my rogue back into the guild since I'm not using that guild I bought after all. I'll bug someone here later on and -gasp- maybe actually play him for the first time in months. Could barely kill Garr the other night because his gear and talents are a complete mess.
Teranoid

Postby Morza » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:53 pm

Now to decide on a which tank class to roll...
Morza

Postby bldavis » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:00 pm

Morza wrote:Now to decide on a which tank class to roll...

well ami is pretty set as pally, but we can always use another!

i say roll which ever one you enjoy and/or want to try out

bldavis

Postby Morza » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Rolled Druid. An ally pally would be cool but I plan to play my main as well and gearing up 2 pallies would get annoying quick. My name was taken so I went with a female Night Elf named Morzy.
Morza

Postby bldavis » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:17 pm

Morza wrote:Rolled Druid. An ally pally would be cool but I plan to play my main as well and gearing up 2 pallies would get annoying quick. My name was taken so I went with a female Night Elf named Morzy.

welcome to PK, the MTadin alt guild! :twisted:

bldavis

Next

Return to General