Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

5.0.4 PTR

Postby bldavis » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:37 pm

This thread is for the discussion of Mists of Pandaria Pre-Patch 5.0.4

i have copied over my hunter, warrior, druid, and paladin
if there is anything you would like tested, let me know ill do what i can

I am on the Broxigar Server if anyone would like to join me

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: 5.0.4 PTR

Postby stevos » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:53 am

Main interest is to know which fights are easier/harder in Dragonsoul Heroic

I am guessing with placeable concre and unlimited mana, spine will be dead easy to tank. However no block capping might make damage very spikey.
stevos

Postby daishan » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:16 am

Tanking spine might be easy, but dispelling the de-buff on heroic with the dispel cd O.o
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:23 am

stevos wrote:Main interest is to know which fights are easier/harder in Dragonsoul Heroic

I am guessing with placeable concre and unlimited mana, spine will be dead easy to tank. However no block capping might make damage very spikey.

well i can say i will most likely NOT be raiding except maybe LFR
mechanics wise, feel compared to live and stuff like that i can test

as a note, i have a jc, scribe, LW, and enchanter as far as proffesions if you want any info from them

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby PsiVen » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:04 am

The new ShoR mechanic will trivialize Morchok's Stomp (lol) and Madness' Impale, for one.

Spine Heroic debuff will probably be straight-up removed (See Illidan's Shear in 3.0) and the fight nerfed even harder to compensate the missing buff.

It's also worth noting that for last expansion, the 4.0 patch was the one that removed 100% mount drop rates, not the new expansion launch itself. It's not clear whether that will happen on the same timetable this time around (or at all).
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby stevos » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:27 pm

PsiVen wrote:The new ShoR mechanic will trivialize Morchok's Stomp (lol)

What he has a stump? You sure :twisted:

I hadn't thought about the debuff on spine, yeah that might be one hell of a mistake if bliz hasn't thought about it.

I suspect Mr Blob will be super easy with 0 cd WoG, not that his overly hard

I am wondering how frenzy attack will work with the SoTR buff, since its currently not blockable.
stevos

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:53 pm

SotR buff is flat damage reduction so it will reduce Hagara's focused assault (if that's the one you refer to).
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby stevos » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:31 am

50%+ damage reduction that you can get by going with some mastery trinkets, will make Hagara's attack seem like she is slapping you rather than punching.

That can still get a little dicey on live, if one of the two healers are iceblocked

I wonder if you can get a similar level of dmg reduction on the impales on Madness, that would certainly make the fight a whole lot easier from a CD perspective.
stevos

Postby Darielle » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:05 am

You have ~60% without even trying, between Mastery from the gear we've been using and the Mastery raid buff.
Spine won't be nearly as bad because dps classes are going to be nuts. It'll also be 35% by then so 1-lift will be pretty much the norm.

And yes, it'll work on Madness.
Darielle

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:59 am

I don't think the nerf will go further than 30%. ICC buff was only up to 30%.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Darielle » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:50 am

35% is in the game files. Blizzard has shown absolutely zero real indication that they won't nerf it as far as they can.
Darielle

Postby stevos » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:41 am

We are at least 2months from mists. 35% could easily only be the start.
stevos

Postby Newsom » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:48 am

Darielle wrote:35% is in the game files. Blizzard has shown absolutely zero real indication that they won't nerf it as far as they can.

ICC also had 35% in the game files IIRC.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Darielle » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Not from any memory I have of the time, it didn't. It was set to 30%, and the incrementation automated.
Darielle

Postby theckhd » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Darielle wrote:

Not from any memory I have of the time, it didn't. It was set to 30%, and the incrementation automated.

I don't think the ICC buff ever had an incarnation above 30%, even in the game files. I remember that difference being discussed when the 35% version of the DS debuff was datamined.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta