A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby Gab » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:36 pm

theckhd wrote:One big attack would be better though, since it would consume the entire shield at once (and thus every absorb would be the full amount of the shield, rather than having to sum over several attacks).

Just curious, after beatin' Klaud like he owes me money, is it even possible to get one big attack? AFAIK, even with a /stopattack macro, one white swing is always going to go through and then there's also hand of light...

I don't know if a white swing alone would be enough, even if I were at 90 with a higher ilvl/top end weapon, to break the shield at some of the higher gear sets.
Gab

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:02 pm

Oh FFS
Crusader Strike damage and additional damage decreased by 19%.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Gab wrote:
theckhd wrote:One big attack would be better though, since it would consume the entire shield at once (and thus every absorb would be the full amount of the shield, rather than having to sum over several attacks).

Just curious, after beatin' Klaud like he owes me money, is it even possible to get one big attack? AFAIK, even with a /stopattack macro, one white swing is always going to go through and then there's also hand of light...

I don't know if a white swing alone would be enough, even if I were at 90 with a higher ilvl/top end weapon, to break the shield at some of the higher gear sets.

Is the shield physical only? Or does the test require it to be physical? If not, a caster (mage pyroblast for instance) could probably shatter it.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Skye1013 wrote:
Gab wrote:

Is the shield physical only? Or does the test require it to be physical? If not, a caster (mage pyroblast for instance) could probably shatter it.

it could, but I still need someone to whack me, and only gab has had the chance to do so...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:11 pm

I've got 85s, but most people are off to bed before I'm able to log in, so not sure if I'd be of any help. Don't have any 90s though. Not sure if that would be an issue.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:25 am

well, gab has an 86, and he couldn't break my bubble in a single attack on some of my gear sets.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Gab » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:44 am

Klaudandus wrote:well, gab has an 86, and he couldn't break my bubble in a single attack on some of my gear sets.

Wearing T13 BiS...

I can level it just might be a week or two considering I have to level on Gilneas first but the CS nerf is going to make breaking the shield even more troublesome. Ret might not be the best class considering Hand of Light adds an extra entry for most attacks.
Last edited by Gab on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gab

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:48 am

I think it doesn't really matter where you at with a real-id group. we would still be able to see each other... at least, isn't that what they've been saying?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:51 am

Theck, I'll redo CS and Seal of Truth again considering they got nerfed. BUt have you downloaded the data for HoW and the other seals? I posted them a while back
---
Klaudandus

Postby degre » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:28 am

I've just skipped to the last page so pardon me if has been asked already but, does Theck requires only parses from level 90 characters or are 85 accepted too?

I'm in the Beta but I don't really fancy spending time leveling a toon there while I can spend that time completing the content I've missed, so leveling to 90 is a big nono, but 15 or 20 minutes once in a while to help MT wouldn't be an issue. That is, if possible.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Gab » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:50 pm

degre wrote:I've just skipped to the last page so pardon me if has been asked already but, does Theck requires only parses from level 90 characters or are 85 accepted too?

I'm in the Beta but I don't really fancy spending time leveling a toon there while I can spend that time completing the content I've missed, so leveling to 90 is a big nono, but 15 or 20 minutes once in a while to help MT wouldn't be an issue. That is, if possible.

Pretty sure all that's left requires level 90, I could be wrong though.
Gab

Postby degre » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Fair enough, thanks for replying :)
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Gab » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:40 pm

degre wrote:Fair enough, thanks for replying :)

Of course, welcome back.
Gab

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Code: Select all
      Set #9
Str   11695
Sta   19412
AP    23640
SP    11820
Haste 3.72
Hit   3.49
Crit  9.29
Exp   3.89

Weapon
Speed 2.6
5650 - 10495 Damage
3104 DPS

New logs for CS and Seal of Truth (censure) considering things got changed in the last build.

Added an 9th set with a weapon that is definitively not [The Club]
Attachments
CST - Naked.zip
(149.03 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
---
Klaudandus

Postby theckhd » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:07 am

Gab wrote:

You can position yourself so that the target is outside of your auto-attack zone, but still able to be hit by melee abilities (such as CS).

The Hand of Light proc isn't a big deal, especially if the ability that triggers it is big enough to consume the shield's charge by itself. What I'm looking for is a combat log with entries like:

X Spell hits Y for Z (A: W)

That way I can just look at the W values to see how much each charge absorbs, and not have to bother summing full absorbs with partial absorbs for each measurement.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations