Comic-Con 2012

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Comic-Con 2012

Postby Melathys » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Anyone else go?

The wife and I have decided that this will be our last year at comic-con. Its just gotten way too much of a pain.

We saw this girl as we were getting sandwiches in front of Room 20...and yep, she was saying "hello!" the whole time.
http://kotaku.com/5925954/hey-listen-ze ... -comic-con

Thursday we pretty much just did the dealer room. Friday we missed the Firefly panel, but saw the recording at the end of the day, very nice. Went into a random panel which turned out to be run by the guy who voices Spongebob...very funny guy. Saturday we missed the Geek and Sundry panel, so we revisited the dealer room. Afterwards we went to the Penny Arcade panel. Had dinner then Mythbusters panel. Mythbusters was a good panel, and they came out to see everyone waiting in line beforehand to give out stuff. We also went to the Nintendo room and played a bit of Castlevania on the 3DS XL. The bigger screen really changes the game for the 3DS. If they offer a version with the second analog stick built in, I might upgrade.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 525&type=1

Post your pics!...if you went. :D
Melathys

Re: Comic-Con 2012

Postby Thalia » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:26 pm

Aergis and I where there, we got free tickets from Diamond for being retailers for them and attended an industry lunch, learned a lot and glad we went since they give us some swag too.

Got to meet a lot of our vendor reps, was especially excited to meet my Sideshow Collectibles Rep. Also a great thing was that I was able to chitchat with sales reps for Square Enix, Hasbro, Mattel and a bunch of others and got cards they said they would set up accounts for us. OVERALL our trip was a success as far as business.

Non-Business, Highlight was being stopped by security as the entire cast of Walking dead walked right in front of me...and I must say I was a bit star struck though also confused because everyone but the guy that plays Darryl and Michone where short lol, guess everyone seems short when your are used to being with someone who is 6'3 as your hubby.

Also...Aergis and I went to have dinner as this Seafood Restaurant that seemed quiet, we got taken to the back where we recognized the DC rep that talked to us at the Diamond Lunch in...and they where there with other big DC honchos as well as Barnes and Nobles honchos...Aergis and I overheard stuff that I don't think they would want repeated LOL

OH and the biggest DISAPPOINTMENT of the night was as we walked towards our car we saw a gallery, with a short line, we got in line and then decided to go look what the line was for...JIM LEE was signing 50 exclusive Batman Lithographs and taking pictures. We ran back in line and security cut us off...the people in front of us where the last to be let in FRAAAAKKKKKKK!!!!!!!
Thalia

Postby Thalia » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:31 pm

Oh those pictures you posted on your facebook of the Serenity, Viper and Enterprise where from QMX. Our sales rep there was so awesome, we talked for like 40 mins, gonna put in my order with them next month, let me know if you want something...though the enterprise is 5K LOL

He also told us they have a life size Tardis at their office! He gave us a webssite, I think it's Tardis Builders, hoping to find someone to make us a small one for the store to put in front of the backroom door.

Didn't take a lot of pictures, by the time I was able to take my phone out the cool had past on a moment or celebrity passing by:

YOUNG LUKE SKYWALKER EXCITED TO TAKE PICTURE WITH STORMTROOPERS

DIAMOND RETAILER LUNCH

HUNKS PROMOTING RESIDENT EVIL MOVIE

JIM LEE

THIS ONE WAS FOR THALIA

THE HOFF, LOOKS YOUNGER IN PERSON

JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT

LOU FERRIGNO, THE HULK
Thalia

Postby Melathys » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:42 am

yea, those models are amazing. We're not in a position to buy them yet, but sometime when kids are old enough to not want to play with and break them.

Sounds like you had a productive trip. I was talking to someone in line how her daughter showed up to some random panel with only 100ish people...and Jim Lee was doing the panel. It was something about drawing characters, like, what would Spider-Man look like if he was crossed with an octopus. Her daughter went up to the table after the panel and got the sketches from Jim Lee. I absolutely would have gone, I was telling my wife the Jim Lee panel would have been cool, but I think we were in line for the Firefly panel. I saw Joseph Gordon Levitt in Hall H for the Looper panel. I have more respect for him as an actor because of what he said, not that I didn't like him before.
Melathys

Postby Thalia » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:57 am

Ya all the other celebs I saw around had like a big team of security, Joseph Gordon-Levitt was so pro and nice, he was there doing his thing and it didn't seem like he was untouchable, seemed so chill and normal.
Thalia

Postby Melathys » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Been looking for a site that has a lot of good pics of the cosplaying, and this is the best one I've found so far. In case anyone wants to see. I keep looking for myself in the backgrounds.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/onigun/page1/ *edit* Looks like the cosplay pics end about page 7.
*edit*
I'm somehow not surprised a site by Jaime and Adam of Mythbusters has a good cosplay gallery. http://www.tested.com/news/45172-the-co ... y-gallery/

this one is great, and wow related... taken from http://www.tested.com/news/45172-the-co ... y-gallery/

another WoW one

Melathys

Return to Arkham Asylum