Remove Advertisements

[10H] Spine of Deathwing

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Spine of Deathwing

Postby Schroom » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:44 am

ok, we did as suggested and then tried out some other things after that as well, no real success tho.

having our rogue killing bloods all the time, and nuking them before doing a roll in order for the amalgs to soak as much as possible, did clear it up as first.
but we still have puddles crawling back into the hole and spawning more bloods than there should be. overall we got less adds than before. but after burning the second tendon for the first time we still get overwhelmed with about 30 bloods.

also nuking them before soaking for 9 stacks, is not an option. As 30 exploding adds will kill our raid, even with raid cooldowns.

here is our optimal setup concerning our 16 man pool, if everyone is available.

Tanks: Paladin -> Amalgs (me), Warrior -> Bloods
Healers: Holy Paladin (dispelduty), Holypriest, Druid tree.
DPS: 2 Legendary Rogues (ok the 2nd one will get his legendary tomorrow), 2 Hunters, 1 Arcanemage (with the worst drop luck ever, Jainas staff says enough)

(although yesterday our mage couldn't join us and our shaman joined as elmental, later we switched him to healer and our paladin wen for ret (to gain 3% dmg buff))

if wanted:
logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/111370/
and videos: http://www.twitch.tv/therealschroom/videos
Schroom

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:07 am

Honestly, the blood tank should be enough to handle the bloods effectively to kill them. If the bloods are crawling back and respawning, that says 3 things to me. (1.) Amalg damage is slow and/or (2.) Bloods are not being kept center of the boss when they die and/or (3.) Amalg tank is not picking up the residue closest to the Corruption Holes first.

With a warrior on bloods, having Blood and Thunder spec'd should be far more than enough to kill them by the time any soaking needs to happen. And if not, ~one~ of the hunters multishotting in to help is enough. We messed up and killed an amalg on plate 2 and I asked for a brief aoe from my warlock just because I find kiting bothersome at this point of the tier.

One thing that you might want to look at, is positioning of the amalg and bloods. For Plate 1, I tank bloods next to the plate. Then I move out just a bit for Plates 2 and 3 while everyone else is up on my offtank on the plate. The amalg probably moves less than 10 feet at any given time and we soak bloods when amalg is less than 6% health.

I'll have to comb logs later as I'm not in the mood to translate the EU WOL while at work, lol.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Gab » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:35 am

Been kind of busy the last few days but I did have a chance to look at a few of your frapsed pulls.

A few things I noticed. A little too much movement from the blood tank, bloods are often dieing in obscure places you want the positioning to be consistent for better soaking prior to the roll.

It also looks like you are rushing the rolls, everyone should be stacked up ready to roll as your blood tank is soaking up the bloods so that as soon as he gets in position the roll is set to begin. No need to rush it. You are trying to blow up all the left over bloods and soak them with the new amalgs and roll all at the same time.

From what I saw the bloods are getting completely neglected after the tendon dies because everyone is focusing on killing the new corruptions. You could try assigning one of the DPS to bloods after the tendon dies to help out with this. Again it looked like you kept ending up trying to burn down a whole lot of bloods while also trying to soak them and roll all within a few seconds, this is going to get people killed, and did several times.

Also your warrior could and imo should be putting out more damage on the bloods. Most of the pulls I saw he was doing around 17k dps, our kill from last week I did 24k dps which could still be a bit higher. So might want to have him step up his damage a bit.

Edit: Grats
Last edited by Gab on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gab

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:36 am

Gab beat me to it, but yea. Your warrior tank shouldn't be afraid to put out the DPS to bloods. Him killing them alone will be sufficient and keep them under control. It'll be a lot better for him to call for help to kill them from a ranged class like a hunter than blowing them up.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:46 pm

Edit: Grats

thanks, yes we killed it last night.

in fact I worked with our healpaladin to optimize his DPS and gave him some macros and so on. Now he bursted as hell as well on the tendon and we could down the first one with Hero in one blow most of the time, also in the kill try.

this allowed us to infact skip a whole phase and also have 5% more life the whole fight. Also a lot less blods during the entire fight.

also we tried as you sugested to clear the bloods as good as possible before soaking to remove the plate, this worked pretty good as well, and we didn't need to get stressed on the roll.

By the way. The reason we did everything so fast before when doing the barrel roll, was that we didn't have enough raid cooldowns, or at least they wheren't enough, stated our healers. For blood explosions AND barrel roll. So we tried to do both whith one set of cooldowns, which gave us about 10 seconds for aoe, soaking and turning. But well, killing the first tendon in one blow made the whole fight more relaxed and we in fact didn't need to really aoe a lot of bloods before the roll.

also we had inf act our rogue sticking on our blood tank and killing bloods all the time.
Schroom

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)