Remove Advertisements

Raid Locks - Question

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Raid Locks - Question

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:02 am

I don't normally deal with raid locks so I'm a bit confused by this situation. Maybe someone has an answer.

I raided to (and killed Hagara) this week on a toon. The horde guild I'm in is not interested in finishing the raid this week, but want to extend the raid lock for next week (starting from Ultraxion). If I go ahead and finish the raid this week (Ultraxion to Deathwing), will I be unable to join the raid next week since I'll have finished the lock they'll be extending? Or will I screw up the entire raid lock they're wanting to extend?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Re: Raid Locks - Question

Postby bldavis » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:50 am

i dont know for sure, but i believe raid locks are tied to the one that extends them
so if you finished, you could join in on the second half next week

honestly though, i would wait for someone more knowledgeable then myself just to be certain

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby PsiVen » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:53 am

I believe you will screw up their raid lock only if you do Heroic.

Examples:

Bill and Ted raid together and clear 4/8H.
Bill goes and finishes 8/8H.
Ted's raid lock also updates to show 8/8H, and he can only extend an empty instance.

Bill and Ted raid together and clear 4/8H.
Bill goes and finishes the last 4 on normal.
Ted's raid lock stays at 4/8H because the normal bosses are not part of that Raid ID. He can extend a 4/8H instance.

Bill and Ted raid together and clear 3/8H. Ted sits out while the group clears 4/8H.
Bill goes and does Ultraxion on Heroic, then the rest on normal.
Ted's raid lock jumps from 3/8H to 5/8H and stays there, because Heroic Ultraxion binds to the Raid ID but the others don't. He can extend a 5/8H instance.

Bill and Ted raid together and clear 4/8 normal.
Bill goes and finishes the last 4 on either difficulty.
Ted has a 4/8 lockout, and can extend it regardless of what Bill does.

A pertinent example of our raid group actually doing this was when we cleared 7/8H Firelands to Rag and didn't have the group to kill him. One person switched to an alt, we killed Rag on normal, and used their main's Raid ID to extend next week to 7/8H. The new lockout will look exactly like the personal lockout of the person extending it, and only Heroic raids update more lockouts than your own.

In any case, your own raid lock will be empty. If somebody extends the Raid ID you were using last week, it only affects you if you join their raid and get locked to it again.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Shoju » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:17 am

Nothing will happen

You wont be locked next week
Their lock wont be messed up next week if you do heroic.

Raid locks are at a more.... "personal" level than they were before. It's confusing to say the least.
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:28 am

Okay cool. I have a single horde alt in an exceptionally casual guild who only did their first raid yesterday. And it's unlikely I'd be doing heroics in a pug anyway. Anyway, the horde guild wants to extend their raid lock (although they didn't really comprehend that... they thought they could just do fall of Deathwing on normal mode... took some explaining). Personally, I know everyone needs more gear (myself included), but they seem more interested in just getting a taste for the end bosses rather than upping their gear. I tried explaining they weren't really going to get anywhere with people doing 8k dps, but ah well.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:30 am

ppl doing 8k prob wont get past ultraxion, but hey i understand

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:07 am

I'd be surprised if "people doing 8k dps" get past Morchock :P

Besides, I've done what you said in the past. As Shoju said, raid locks are pretty much a personal thing nowadays, with the added ID at heroic level so you can't do heroic with different groups.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Obviously they have made it past Morchok though... since they're 4/8.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Not everyone was doing 8k. 2 people were. 3 others were around 16k or so.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Return to General