Mists Mastery values

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Mists Mastery values

Postby xstratax » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:04 am

I have scoured the net, and tried to use In Beta testing to figure out the scaling on Warrior Critical Block. My Issue is that my personal calculations from in game are incredibly odd. I cant figure out how, as there is no passive or buff on me, but all the test Warriors I made have 17.6 Mastery Base at 85, this though is not the issue.

My problem comes when I look at the Mastery tooltip: 4% block, 17% Critical block. Since the tooltip rounds the values, I can assume for now that Critical Block is a 1:1 scaling of Mastery, which makes some sense, but the 4% Block has me a bit baffled. With 4% I get a Mastery scaling of .2274% Block per Mastery, which just seems absurdly low. Paladins are 1.2:1 (though in game numbers give me 1.17:1, likely an issue to do with tooltip rounding, a quick script could verify once theyre enabled), but are Warriors lower because they have Shield Block to cover for poor Mastery?

Regardless, if someone could help me out and provide details about Warrior Mastery Scaling I would be very much appreciative. Cant write an addon without solid research unfortunately.
xstratax
Maintankadonor

Re: Mists Mastery values

Postby theckhd » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:57 am

Mastery should be giving paladins 1% block, 1% DR on SotR, and 1% BoG, if you believe Divine Bulwark's tooltip. I'm not sure about Warriors.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Re: Mists Mastery values

Postby xstratax » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:18 am

Yeah the tooltips on Mastery are not very good, my paladin at 8 Mastery says 8% block, but the block I have is 8.52% (excluding the 13% base block we get), which makes me think that the tooltip is Floored. I ran the 8.52 in reverse through the DR formula and got 9.36, which was under the 9.6 I was expecting if our Mastery is 1.2%.
xstratax
Maintankadonor

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta