Remove Advertisements

Prometheus by Ridley Scott

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Prometheus by Ridley Scott

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:40 am

Invisusira wrote:I'm looking forward to this quite a bit, and yeah I love the trailer. We actually just sat down and started to work through Alien Legacy this weekend, because Nika has never seen them. \o/ She's like "but sigourney weaver is ugly" I'm like "well there is a cat in it too."

I haven't either.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby twinkfist » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:00 am

the first still scares the sh!t out of me...so much suspense.

the one in the prison or whatever it is...is crap.
twinkfist

Postby Barathorn » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:14 am

twinkfist wrote:the first still scares the sh!t out of me...so much suspense.

the one in the prison or whatever it is...is crap.

I used to think this as well, but Alien 3 really grew on me the more I watched it.

The first 3 films are simply just great films for different reasons.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Flex » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:48 am

Horror, Action, Slasher. Extended cut of 3 is pretty okay. The Fourth one is a steaming pile of garbage and the reason Joss Whedon sucks.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:20 am

tullock wrote:One of the key reasons for the corporation not beleiving Ripley about the ship filled with eggs was that humanity had never come in contact with any kind of sentient life, anywhere, in all of their colonization..

Or, given the militarization of the Corporation, perhaps such encounters were covered up, sanitized from the records, etc, to the point where a century or two in the future hardly any one knew about it. ;)
Kelaan

Postby alayire » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:35 am

tullock wrote:One of the key reasons for the corporation not beleiving Ripley about the ship filled with eggs was that humanity had never come in contact with any kind of sentient life, anywhere, in all of their colonization... So i really dont see how a prequel about different aliens can work. Not that im not looking forward to the movie, it looks like a great time, i just dont see how it can be a prequel.
that's not at all how I remember it.

What I remember is that Bishop(the robot) was the one that changed the ships course and made the unscheduled stop to investigate the "egg ship" after receiving intel that it was there . It was also his "mission" to obtain either an egg or specimen of said alien since it posed no threat to him (him being, you know, non biological) by any means, which is why he opened the bay to let them back onto the ship even though the officer in charge (Ripley) declared quarantine and refused to let them on the ship in the first place as was the protocol.

Soooo actually the corporation not believing Ripley was just so they wouldn't have to pay her or just to cover shit up. She was a cryo pilot/second officer and after she got back she could only take a job as a docks worker, she got blamed/burned for the incident. And no it's not that they didn't believe her since they actually sent someone to investigate(the colonists that up untill then were actually fine and dandy living on the same planet with the egg ship) and then when not hearing anything from them sent a military hit squad to assess the situation.
alayire

Postby Levantine » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:59 am

Bishop was the android from Aliens, and a good guy. Ash is the one you're thinking of.
Levantine

Postby alayire » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:01 am

Levantine wrote:Bishop was the android from Aliens, and a good guy. Ash is the one you're thinking of.
way to prove a point by fucking up the first and probably most important statement. but yeah your totally right, Ash was the first bot, don't know why that slipped my mind.
alayire

Postby Levantine » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:47 am

Didn't realise a 26 year old movie required spoiler tags.

No wait. What? What are you even saying?
Levantine

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:53 am

Levantine wrote:No wait. What? What are you even saying?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Best I could figure was he was bashing himself for messing up his own statement? Even that seemed like a stretch, but it was the best I could come up with.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:57 pm

So....Prometheus.
Underwhelming.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:23 am

Snake-Aes wrote:So....Prometheus.
Underwhelming.

Quite.

Better the second time around. Stupid crew are stupid though.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:01 am

The thing that annoyed me most about Prometheus is that I went into it expecting multiple explanations for stuff that was just never explained in the Alien movies. They barely scratched the surface of explaining and instead provided us with even more question. Argh.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Candiru » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:36 pm

--------------------SPOILERS-----------------------------------------

If you had an alien fetus cut out of your stomach by the auto-doc, and return the crew with staple marks and blood on your stomach, should you :
a) tell them there is a dangerous alien lifeform in the escape pod

or

b) not tell anyone. I'm sure it'll be *fine*.
Candiru

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Candiru wrote:--------------------SPOILERS-----------------------------------------

If you had an alien fetus cut out of your stomach by the auto-doc, and return the crew with staple marks and blood on your stomach, should you :
a) tell them there is a dangerous alien lifeform in the escape pod

or

b) not tell anyone. I'm sure it'll be *fine*.

The correct answer is c) ignore the fact there is an alien fetus in my stomach and just go on about my business.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum