Remove Advertisements

League of Legends

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: League of Legends

Postby Levantine » Mon May 14, 2012 11:36 pm

Yeah the couple I've come up against in unranked are a cakewalk, but in every high rated stream I've seen him in where people actually know how to play an AD carry and what the current support/adcarry bot meta is all about... just wow.
Levantine

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue May 15, 2012 7:12 am

Levantine wrote:Yeah the couple I've come up against in unranked are a cakewalk, but in every high rated stream I've seen him in where people actually know how to play an AD carry and what the current support/adcarry bot meta is all about... just wow.

My friend and I have been playing Warwick Jungler & Varus AD carry together and we get most teams to surrender within 25 minutes from the 2 of us destroying people.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Levantine » Mon May 21, 2012 2:02 am

Jesus fuck I love Shen.

Amusing game just before where I'm smurfing my way around and I come up against a relatively even team. By even I mean that myself (Shen) and Mordekaiser were 3/0/7 and 7/0/3 respectively against their Jax and Nunu by 15 minutes while their Tristana was 4/0 against our Garen up top. Kayle and Ryze were pretty even in mid and our Yi was holding the tower against their 2p top lane cause Garen sucked balls. Apparently a fed Shen and Mordekaiser is greater than a fed Trist. Who knew? Once we started roaming around and ganking slash taking dragon uncontested things got sew out of hand.
Levantine

Postby Arkesh » Tue May 29, 2012 9:06 am

I apologise in advance but I need to vent. So for the past the couple days I've not been able to play my jungles as usual and I've been picking up Ashe instead. Yesterday I had 3 amazing games with great support pugs and was able to snowball quite well winning all three. In one I managed to land my favouritist arrow ever, Mundo had come to gank us but we saw it and manged to attack him first whilst his laners made their way round to protect him, he escapes with less than 100 hp and his team back off, I fire off my arrow from around drag, and pick up the kill on mundo and double buffs somewhere around his inner turret - I couldn't believe it. I suppose it goes without saying that after those games luck has to come bite me in the bum.

First game lane went fantastic but in team fights we got stomped late game after the enemy all built really tanky and had shedloads of cc - ending in a surrender. Just finished another game with someone who is even worse than me at support. Bought doran's ring first then spent the first 3 levels standing in the brush doing absolutely nothing to stop graves and nidalee harassing me. Then when he finally showed himself gives away first blood, comes back to stand afk in the brush and takes 3 spears to the face without moving. As if that wasn't bad enough, top and mid weren't able to keep enough pressure on their lanes and I get 4 man ganked two times in a row, finishing 0/9/2.

I want to cry.
Arkesh

Postby Levantine » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:42 pm

Does She's ultimate inherit his resists or the target's? I assume his target's but I'm not 100%. Would probably be broken late game of it were his.
Levantine

Postby Donut » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:28 am

All shields factor in target's resists... and lulu op.
Donut

Postby Arkesh » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:33 pm

So I finally started playing ranked games. Placement matches went better than I expected, won 7, ended up at 1350 elo I was quite chuffed. Playing mostly jungle, taric support if that gets taken. Boy I was lulled into a false sense of security with my first couple games after placements, everyone was friendly let mistakes slide. Now past few games even if we're winning people go apeshit if you miss a cleaver or whatever and if we're losing cause they gave away first blood whilst I was still killing 1:40 wraiths blame the jungle why don't you! My ignore list is taking a hell of hit and I can't get anyone to duo queue with :'( My cofidence is broken.

Oh and everyone's banning Nautilus all of a sudden, wth is that about?
Arkesh

Postby Aubade » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:49 pm

I'll Duo Q with you!

And yeah, people in our elo like to bitch and bitch and bitch.

Unfortunately, the best way to deal with it is to stay positive and HOPE that they calm down enough for you to win.

My summoner name is Aubade! I'll be on tonight if you wanna play some.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Arkesh » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:15 am

Thanks for the offer but unfortunately I'm on the EUW server. I think after I lose a match I'll start taking breaks to clear my head of the 14 year olds that aren't man enough to admit their own mistakes. At least when I do something stupid I apologise rather than the default "blame the jungler". I guess this is how healers in WoW feel.
Arkesh

Postby Aubade » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:19 am

Well damn =[

I'm trying to find a Duo Q partner around my Elo (Anywhere from 1100-1485) depending on the retards of solo-Q that particular day.

Matter of fact I just dropped from 1300 to 1166 this morning, thanks to a bountiful group of....special people.
Aubade

Postby Arkesh » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:30 am

I've been trying Riven jungle the past couple days, laning phase almost always goes in our favour - dem ganks too stronk. But once we get into the zomg group up and force baron bit I try to jump onto their carries about half the time (Usually depends if we have an AD carry or ezreal -.- ) kill then and die in the process, even if I build really tanky. :(

By far the most annoying thing is when using her Q, sometimes she'll randomly go backwards - even when my cursor is in the opposite direction - toward the enemy or minions and I end up getting blitz hooked or something because of it. Is there a way to prevent this?
Arkesh

Postby Aubade » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:39 am

I've pretty much dedicated myself to jungling/Solotop now in Ranked Q's. I feel it's a very strong role for me, and also a good solo Q position as how I can single-handedly turn the tide of games.

I still feel pretty strong in the AD carry role as well. but for some reason AP carrying or Supporting leads to me going HERP DERP HOW DO I SHOT WEB?!?!?!

In that topic, UDYR TOO STRONG!!!

Seriously, I've carried so many games with Udyr/Nocturne as just tanky tanky bruisers it's stupid they're still in this game.
Aubade

Postby Aubade » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:41 am

Arkesh wrote:By far the most annoying thing is when using her Q, sometimes she'll randomly go backwards - even when my cursor is in the opposite direction - toward the enemy or minions and I end up getting blitz hooked or something because of it. Is there a way to prevent this?

It's a known issue with riven, and Nidalee too IIRC. and it's being looked into at the moment, "SUPPOSED" to have been fixed in the most recent patch.

League of Legends Patch notes wrote:Riven
If Broken Wings' movement extends past Riven's current movement order location, that order will be cancelled (she will no longer automatically walk backwards to that point)

This is the one from last night/this morning, so hopefully it's fixed today?
Aubade

Postby Arkesh » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:42 pm

I've been almost exclusively jungle or support. I avoid AD because I always get the support that goes doran's and hits the minions costing me far too much cs (then of course I get the blame). I also find it hard to concentrate on CS with an unwarded river. At least with support I can go tanky, loving taric and I really need to get leona, loved her the last time she was free to play. Jungle wise I'm mostly playing Nautilus as he has so much control, failing that mundo. Want to try riven out in ranked but I've yet to win a normal game with her. Although I didn't win any games yesterday, with any champ. Too many bloody ezreal's that do no damage - I think I'll take a break when Pulsefire Ezreal comes out, I'll be in my nightmare otherwise. Mid I can only really play morg and galio, morg is always banned, galio doesn't carry enough for solo queue imo :( I'd like to play top, but it seems to be the most popular role.

I used Udyr my very first ranked game (I figured he was a safe bet), failed so hard that I've been scared to put him back in the jungle, I just can't convince myself that his toolset is better than Naut or Mundo. I've tried noc a few times in normal, with no real success there must be an art to his W.

Hopefully we'll get the patch tomorrow, will have to try riven again.
Arkesh

Postby Aubade » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Arkesh wrote:I've been almost exclusively jungle or support. I avoid AD because I always get the support that goes doran's and hits the minions costing me far too much cs (then of course I get the blame). I also find it hard to concentrate on CS with an unwarded river. At least with support I can go tanky, loving taric and I really need to get leona, loved her the last time she was free to play. Jungle wise I'm mostly playing Nautilus as he has so much control, failing that mundo. Want to try riven out in ranked but I've yet to win a normal game with her. Although I didn't win any games yesterday, with any champ. Too many bloody ezreal's that do no damage - I think I'll take a break when Pulsefire Ezreal comes out, I'll be in my nightmare otherwise. Mid I can only really play morg and galio, morg is always banned, galio doesn't carry enough for solo queue imo :( I'd like to play top, but it seems to be the most popular role.

I used Udyr my very first ranked game (I figured he was a safe bet), failed so hard that I've been scared to put him back in the jungle, I just can't convince myself that his toolset is better than Naut or Mundo. I've tried noc a few times in normal, with no real success there must be an art to his W.

Hopefully we'll get the patch tomorrow, will have to try riven again.

Patch was last night =P
Aubade

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games