Remove Advertisements

Retribution T13 Discussion Thread

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: Retribution T13 Discussion Thread

Postby Fenrìr » Wed May 30, 2012 1:09 am

The added variables are things like procs, undead mob, etc, that need to be taken into account.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby lazy_dave » Wed May 30, 2012 7:17 am

lazy_dave wrote:normal : inqa inqr cs jhp inqrdp tvdp exoud tvhp exo how hw
zeal : inqa inqr cs inqrdp tvdp exoud tvhp exo how hw

from the addon.....

inqa = apply inquisition
inqr = refresh inquisition
cs = crusader strike
jhp = judgement that generates 1 hp
inqrdp = refresh inquisition at dp
tvdp = templar's verdict at dp
exoud = exorcism with guaranteed crit
tvhp = templar's verdict at 3 hp
exo = exorcism
how = hammer of wrath
hw = holy wrath
lazy_dave

Postby Skye1013 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Aha! Thanks for clarifying. I don't have a ret spec, but these things are nice to know in case I decide to try it out.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Thu May 31, 2012 5:51 am

lazy_dave wrote:
lazy_dave wrote:normal : inqa inqr cs jhp inqrdp tvdp exoud tvhp exo how hw
zeal : inqa inqr cs inqrdp tvdp exoud tvhp exo how hw

from the addon.....

inqa = apply inquisition
inqr = refresh inquisition
cs = crusader strike
jhp = judgement that generates 1 hp
inqrdp = refresh inquisition at dp
tvdp = templar's verdict at dp
exoud = exorcism with guaranteed crit
tvhp = templar's verdict at 3 hp
exo = exorcism
how = hammer of wrath
hw = holy wrath

so if I understand that queue correctly, it's saying to refresh inquisition on DP procs before TV ? This must be one of those cases where you have to know when to ignore it, because I can't imagine a back-to-back inq refresh is better for DPS than a back-to-back TV if you get 2 procs while you aren't in danger of dropping inq, or a inq refresh then a TV if you were getting low on inq time.

Similarly, what's the reason to prioritize CS or Judgement (with HP) over a TV/exo proc use? I'm assuming because that way it can fill in a dead space?
benebarba

Postby Fenrìr » Thu May 31, 2012 7:16 am

Because there's no use to hit TV when CS or Judgement are not on CD. It's technically a DPS loss cause now you've wasted a GCD when you could have had 2 Holy Power already generated AND each of them has a chance to proc Divine Purpose, giving you a free TV.

The program does not tell you to refresh Inq unless it's <3 seconds, that's a setting you can adjust.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Thu May 31, 2012 7:37 am

Fenrìr wrote:Because there's no use to hit TV when CS or Judgement are not on CD. It's technically a DPS loss cause now you've wasted a GCD when you could have had 2 Holy Power already generated AND each of them has a chance to proc Divine Purpose, giving you a free TV.

The program does not tell you to refresh Inq unless it's <3 seconds, that's a setting you can adjust.

Makes sense. I guess I thought that DP procs didn't stack (I knew they can come back to back, but not that you could actually generate 2 procs and use both of them one after the other) and didn't notice that using the proc actually activated a GCD.
benebarba

Postby Gab » Thu May 31, 2012 8:14 am

DP procs don't "stack" afaik...

What it means is that if you have a DP proc but CS is off of CD and you DON'T already have 3 holy power banked you would be wasting 1.5 seconds of holy power generation to delay the CS. You never want to delay CS if possible.

Example. You are at 1 holy power you cast X and DP procs the next GCD CS will come off of cooldown. You can either use the DP proc or cast CS. You want to use CS bringing you to 2 holy power and then use the DP proc to maximixe holy power generation.

The odds of over writing the DP proc with a new one beacause you delayed using the proc to cast CS are slim.
Gab

Postby Rhiannon » Thu May 31, 2012 2:59 pm

Gab wrote:The odds of over writing the DP proc with a new one beacause you delayed using the proc to cast CS are slim.

By slim you mean 0, as CS cannot proc DP. Judgement however can, but the probabilities work out such that prioritising judgement over a DP TV is still a gain even if you risk wasting a DP proc.
Rhiannon

Postby Gab » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:15 am

Rhiannon wrote: By slim you mean 0, as CS cannot proc DP. Judgement however can, but the probabilities work out such that prioritising judgement over a DP TV is still a gain even if you risk wasting a DP proc.

Right, thanks totally forgot about that.
Gab

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes