Don't know what to do...

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Don't know what to do...

Postby trebla57 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:23 am

Okay, ever since I became CTC capped I have been slowly getting rid of my Stam/Mastery green gems that fit in blue sockets to pure stam gems. I thought gemming dodge would not be the way to go because of diminishing returns, plus more stam helps mitigate spell damage while dodge does not. I just want to know if I am doing the right thing?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... e/advanced

There is also the issue of my latest +101 stam gem in my new glove tier piece ... I normally take socket bonus' this is actually the first time I have ever not taken one, should I do something about that or am I just being anal?
trebla57

Re: Don't know what to do...

Postby Solare » Wed May 30, 2012 10:29 am

I've been using Scales of Life as my second stamina trinket instead of doing a whole lot of gem conversion, since it has a nice secondary effect when you link it to your WoG. But yeah, you have it right, stamina is the most beneficial stat to increase once you have a nice CTC cap spread... possibly even before it, considering all the unblockable/magic damage in DS.

The Devs have all but admitted that many of the mechanics of DS, tanking wise, were direct counters of block-capping paladins like yourself, which is why they've changed the rolling mechanism of block to be separate from avoidance in the next expansion.

Good luck and keep tranking.
Solare

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice