A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby benebarba » Tue May 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Mastery SoTR/BoG check: stripped off all my gear and took a weapon with no mastery, ended up with a 9.60% mastery according to my character sheet. the damage done by SoTR in the tooltip and buff definitely decreased from my full gear set, as did the BoG stacking buff amount.

9.6% mastery naked w/dalaran sword: SoTR: 860 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 19% (single stack)
31.47% mastery (full gearset with Gavel of Paroth'arn): SoTR: 4644 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 41% single stack.
30.87% mastery (full gearset with dalaran sword): SoTR: 4456 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 40% single stack.

I tested the BoG at 5 stacks, definitely got the advertised boost to WoG, and SoTR definitely had the advertised damage.

this and the above post are from beta build 15699 (current as of posting)
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby benebarba » Tue May 22, 2012 1:54 pm

OK, for some reason my combat log file isn't being written anymore, even if I place an empty file in the Logs directory and issue the /combatlog command... anyone ever have that happen? I previously moved the file to rename it for one test. Moving it back doesn't seem to help.

edited to add: problem fixed. echo -n > WoWCombatLog.txt rather than touching to create a blank file on my mac seemed to work fine.

Now, to AFK while melee'ing
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby benebarba » Tue May 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Melee'd a lvl 80 training dummy from behind for about 45 mins with the gavel with Colossus on it - not a single proc in the logs. I swapped to my gurth with landslide and saw a proc within a few seconds - so I'm thinking there's something up with the new enchant.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby theckhd » Wed May 23, 2012 5:00 am

benebarba wrote:Mastery SoTR/BoG check: stripped off all my gear and took a weapon with no mastery, ended up with a 9.60% mastery according to my character sheet. the damage done by SoTR in the tooltip and buff definitely decreased from my full gear set, as did the BoG stacking buff amount.

9.6% mastery naked w/dalaran sword: SoTR: 860 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 19% (single stack)
31.47% mastery (full gearset with Gavel of Paroth'arn): SoTR: 4644 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 41% single stack.
30.87% mastery (full gearset with dalaran sword): SoTR: 4456 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 40% single stack.

I tested the BoG at 5 stacks, definitely got the advertised boost to WoG, and SoTR definitely had the advertised damage.

this and the above post are from beta build 15699 (current as of posting)


This confirms that one point of mastery gives 1.2% "stuff" (BoG stacks), but it doesn't tell us much about SotR damage because I assume your AP/SP changed going from one gear set to another?

Easiest way to test is to use SotR with full gear on but with two mastery trinkets. Then take off both trinkets, which should not affect your AP/SP, and test the damage again. If it changes, mastery affects the damage. Report AP/SP/Mastery/damage (before and after)
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 7953
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby benebarba » Wed May 23, 2012 5:04 am

theckhd wrote:
benebarba wrote:Mastery SoTR/BoG check: stripped off all my gear and took a weapon with no mastery, ended up with a 9.60% mastery according to my character sheet. the damage done by SoTR in the tooltip and buff definitely decreased from my full gear set, as did the BoG stacking buff amount.

9.6% mastery naked w/dalaran sword: SoTR: 860 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 19% (single stack)
31.47% mastery (full gearset with Gavel of Paroth'arn): SoTR: 4644 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 41% single stack.
30.87% mastery (full gearset with dalaran sword): SoTR: 4456 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 40% single stack.

I tested the BoG at 5 stacks, definitely got the advertised boost to WoG, and SoTR definitely had the advertised damage.

this and the above post are from beta build 15699 (current as of posting)


This confirms that one point of mastery gives 1.2% "stuff" (BoG stacks), but it doesn't tell us much about SotR damage because I assume your AP/SP changed going from one gear set to another?

Easiest way to test is to use SotR with full gear on but with two mastery trinkets. Then take off both trinkets, which should not affect your AP/SP, and test the damage again. If it changes, mastery affects the damage. Report AP/SP/Mastery/damage (before and after)


yeah, sorry - I just kind of tossed this little test in there, I didn't isolate it very well (AP definitely changed). I can do another check easily enough today.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby benebarba » Thu May 24, 2012 6:18 am

Wasn't able to log into beta last night due to server being down - will try again this evening. Also was able to find a bug report about the colossus enchant never proc'ing. Hopefully if the downtime was for a patch, it'll be fixed.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby benebarba » Thu May 24, 2012 5:00 pm

Got into the new beta patch just a few minutes ago. Colossus is still broken.

It appears that mastery *does not* affect the SoTR damage component. I tested this out by removing a mastery trinket (mirror) - the bastion of glory percentage decreased but the SoTR damage and DR did not.

windsong is not broken however, so I'm working on tests 4 and 5.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby benebarba » Thu May 24, 2012 5:38 pm

So - not sure if this is intended or expected, but windsong is giving me seemingly random buffs (Haste, Crit or Mastery) with each proc, sometimes stacking 2 different buffs at the same time. I'll update this post once I've finished and uploaded my log.


Edit: due to a server restart, I was only able to get ~30 mins of auto-attacks. I've uploaded my log to the maintankadin WOL guild.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby benebarba » Fri May 25, 2012 4:07 am

Uploaded a log for test 5 - HW as a windsong proc trigger. I only got 78 casts in, but did see procs that corresponded with HW hits. For example:

Code: Select all
5/25 06:53:54.996  SPELL_ENERGIZE,0x01000000001A36B9,"Benebarba",0x511,0x0,0x01000000001A36B9,"Benebarba",0x511,0x0,20167,"Seal of Insight",0x2,800,0
5/25 06:53:56.157  SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS,0x01000000001A36B9,"Benebarba",0x511,0x0,0x0000000000000000,nil,0x80000000,0x80000000,119072,"Holy Wrath",0x2
5/25 06:53:56.158  SPELL_DAMAGE,0x01000000001A36B9,"Benebarba",0x511,0x0,0xF13079A80000137A,"Training Dummy",0x10a28,0x0,119072,"Holy Wrath",0x2,4882,4881,2,0,0,0,1,nil,nil
5/25 06:53:56.393  SPELL_DAMAGE,0x01000000001A36B9,"Benebarba",0x511,0x0,0xF1307F9B00001378,"Training Dummy",0xa28,0x0,119072,"Holy Wrath",0x2,2441,2440,2,0,0,0,nil,nil,nil
5/25 06:53:56.394  SPELL_DAMAGE,0x01000000001A36B9,"Benebarba",0x511,0x0,0xF13079A800001373,"Training Dummy",0xa28,0x0,119072,"Holy Wrath",0x2,2441,2440,2,0,0,0,nil,nil,nil
5/25 06:53:56.544  SPELL_AURA_REFRESH,0x01000000001A36B9,"Benebarba",0x511,0x0,0x01000000001A36B9,"Benebarba",0x511,0x0,104509,"Windsong",0x20,BUFF
5/25 06:53:58.830  SWING_DAMAGE,0x01000000001A36B9,"Benebarba",0x511,0x0,0xF13079A80000137A,"Training Dummy",0x10a28,0x0,2703,2702,1,0,0,0,nil,nil,nil
5/25 06:53:59.333  SPELL_AURA_REFRESH,0x01000000001A36B9,"Benebarba",0x511,0x0,0x01000000001A36B9,"Benebarba",0x511,0x0,96881,"Weight of a Feather",0x1,BUFF
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby theckhd » Fri May 25, 2012 4:55 am

benebarba wrote:So - not sure if this is intended or expected, but windsong is giving me seemingly random buffs (Haste, Crit or Mastery) with each proc, sometimes stacking 2 different buffs at the same time. I'll update this post once I've finished and uploaded my log.


Edit: due to a server restart, I was only able to get ~30 mins of auto-attacks. I've uploaded my log to the maintankadin WOL guild.

Parse: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f1am ... details/0/
726 melees, 87 procs (39, 24, and 24 of the different types). 11.98% +/- 2.36% proc rate.

I wasn't able to find any information about whether the proc is a PPM effect or a flat chance-per-cast. 1 PPM with a 2.6-speed weapon is 4.33%, so 3 PPM falls within the [9.62% 14.35%] 95% confidence interval. Or it could just be a flat ~12% proc rate. Easiest way to test this is to use either a slow 2-hander or a fast 1-hander (Dalaran Sword). If it's 3 PPM, the proc rate should drop to around 7% with a Dalaran Sword, or go up to 19% with a 3.8-speed weapon.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 7953
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby theckhd » Fri May 25, 2012 5:31 am

benebarba wrote:Uploaded a log for test 5 - HW as a windsong proc trigger. I only got 78 casts in, but did see procs that corresponded with HW hits. For example:

Parse: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u32q ... qa36z/log/
Another few examples confirming this behavior. I'm posting more detailed portions because I think there's something peculiar going on. For example:
[06:43:51.664] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 2920)
[06:43:52.496] Benebarba's Windsong is refreshed by Benebarba (Mastery)
[06:43:54.339] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 3160)
[06:43:56.900] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 3287)
[06:43:58.201] Benebarba casts Holy Wrath
[06:43:58.201] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:43:58.378] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:43:58.378] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:43:58.502] Benebarba gains Windsong from Benebarba (Haste)
[06:44:00.462] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 3518)
[06:44:02.875] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 3040)
[06:44:04.513] Benebarba's Windsong fades from Benebarba (Mastery)
[06:44:05.247] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 2497)

We have a swing at 56.900, a cast at 58.201, a Windsong proc at 58.502, and the next swing at 00.452. Neither of the swings comes within close enough proximity of the proc to feasibly be the trigger, confirming that Holy Wrath can proc Windsong. However, note the timing on the swings:
Code: Select all
swing  time  diff
#1   51.664  (0)
#2   54.339  (2.675)
#3   56.900  (2.5610)
#4   60.462  (3.562) (gain 1500 haste from Windsong in this interval)
#5   62.875  (2.413)
#6   65.247  (2.372)

There's a large gap between #3 and #4, despite very regular 2.6-second intervals before that point. Also note that Holy Wrath is cast at 58.201, 2.261 seconds before melee #4.

This occurs in other instances too:
[06:45:13.517] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 2826)
[06:45:16.136] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 2959)
[06:45:18.762] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 2826)
[06:45:19.976] Benebarba casts Holy Wrath
[06:45:19.977] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2439)
[06:45:20.154] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:45:20.154] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:45:22.529] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 3579)
[06:45:25.146] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 2890)
[06:45:27.752] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 3460)
[06:45:29.039] Benebarba casts Holy Wrath
[06:45:29.141] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:45:29.250] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:45:29.251] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:45:29.251] Benebarba gains Windsong from Benebarba
[06:45:31.688] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 2645)
[06:45:34.206] Benebarba crits Training Dummy *1* (O: 6821)
[06:45:36.860] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 2978)
[06:45:39.440] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 2649)
[06:45:41.358] Benebarba's Windsong fades from Benebarba
[06:45:42.084] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 3076)
[06:45:44.563] Benebarba casts Holy Wrath
[06:45:44.564] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:45:44.669] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:45:44.669] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:45:47.136] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 3177)
[06:45:49.759] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 2968)
[06:45:52.278] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 3606)

The metronomic 2.6-second separation between melee hits is interrupted at each of the Holy Wrath casts, resulting in 3.7- to 3.9-second gaps around the cast, and each melee following a Holy Wrath is 2.55-2.64 seconds after the Holy Wrath cast.

And again:
[06:45:56.692] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 3049)
[06:45:59.287] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 3018)
[06:46:01.866] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 2603)
[06:46:04.498] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 2659)
[06:46:04.782] Benebarba casts Holy Wrath
[06:46:04.784] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:46:04.959] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:46:04.962] Benebarba gains Windsong from Benebarba
[06:46:04.963] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:46:07.368] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 2724)
[06:46:09.968] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 2755)
[06:46:12.571] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 3153)
[06:46:14.217] Benebarba casts Holy Wrath
[06:46:14.219] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:46:14.396] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:46:14.396] Benebarba Holy Wrath Training Dummy 1 (O: 2440)
[06:46:14.727] Benebarba gains Windsong from Benebarba
[06:46:16.602] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 2932)
[06:46:17.006] Benebarba's Windsong fades from Benebarba
[06:46:17.133] Benebarba's Windsong is refreshed by Benebarba
[06:46:18.922] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 2687)
[06:46:21.261] Benebarba hits Training Dummy 1 (O: 3614)


The first Holy Wrath only lags a melee by 300ms, and that melee interval is 2.870 instead of 2.6. The second Holy Wrath is more convincing, as it generates a 4.031-second interval between melees, but a 2.386-second interval between the cast and the melee.

What this suggests is that Holy Wrath is resetting the swing timer even though it's instant cast. I haven't checked the math for every Holy Wrath in the log, but every single one that I have looked at exhibits this behavior.

So, HW is confirmed as a Windsong proc, and someone needs to file a bug report about HW.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 7953
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby benebarba » Fri May 25, 2012 5:33 am

theckhd wrote:
benebarba wrote:So - not sure if this is intended or expected, but windsong is giving me seemingly random buffs (Haste, Crit or Mastery) with each proc, sometimes stacking 2 different buffs at the same time. I'll update this post once I've finished and uploaded my log.


Edit: due to a server restart, I was only able to get ~30 mins of auto-attacks. I've uploaded my log to the maintankadin WOL guild.

726 melees, 87 procs (39, 24, and 24 of the different types). 11.98% +/- 2.36% proc rate.

I wasn't able to find any information about whether the proc is a PPM effect or a flat chance-per-cast. 1 PPM with a 2.6-speed weapon is 4.33%, so 3 PPM falls within the [9.62% 14.35%] 95% confidence interval. Or it could just be a flat ~12% proc rate. Easiest way to test this is to use either a slow 2-hander or a fast 1-hander (Dalaran Sword). If it's 3 PPM, the proc rate should drop to around 7% with a Dalaran Sword, or go up to 19% with a 3.8-speed weapon.


I can try it on a dalaran sword at some point this weekend, assuming there is still one of the enchants up on the AH.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby benebarba » Fri May 25, 2012 5:37 am

theckhd wrote:What this suggests is that Holy Wrath is resetting the swing timer even though it's instant cast. I haven't checked the math for every Holy Wrath in the log, but every single one that I have looked at exhibits this behavior.

So, HW is confirmed as a Windsong proc, and someone needs to file a bug report about HW.



If you don't mind me including some of this post since you've done the math so nicely, I can go ahead and file one later.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby theckhd » Fri May 25, 2012 5:46 am

benebarba wrote:
theckhd wrote:What this suggests is that Holy Wrath is resetting the swing timer even though it's instant cast. I haven't checked the math for every Holy Wrath in the log, but every single one that I have looked at exhibits this behavior.

So, HW is confirmed as a Windsong proc, and someone needs to file a bug report about HW.



If you don't mind me including some of this post since you've done the math so nicely, I can go ahead and file one later.


Sure, though you could also just link to the post.

As far as the enchant, I can provide another one if you've already blown the rest of that 150k I sent you on Pandaren hookers and blow. I may also have some time this weekend to mess around on beta, so I'll try and get some testing in.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 7953
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby benebarba » Fri May 25, 2012 5:51 am

theckhd wrote:
benebarba wrote:
theckhd wrote:What this suggests is that Holy Wrath is resetting the swing timer even though it's instant cast. I haven't checked the math for every Holy Wrath in the log, but every single one that I have looked at exhibits this behavior.

So, HW is confirmed as a Windsong proc, and someone needs to file a bug report about HW.



If you don't mind me including some of this post since you've done the math so nicely, I can go ahead and file one later.


Sure, though you could also just link to the post.

As far as the enchant, I can provide another one if you've already blown the rest of that 150k I sent you on Pandaren hookers and blow. I may also have some time this weekend to mess around on beta, so I'll try and get some testing in.


Hey man, what happens in Pandaria stays in Pandaria.

Nah, I'm pretty sure I have over half that money left even though I snagged all of the relevant enchants that were posted when I hit the AH.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest