pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby Invisusira » Sat May 12, 2012 7:01 pm

I like them, but I do think they're just too dark. And that goes for ALL of the updated textures with new shading, really. It's hard to make shit out.
Invisusira

Postby Hrobertgar » Sat May 19, 2012 8:05 am

What do you guys think about venturing into low-sec space?

I've started the Epic Arcs, and chose Caldari first, but the choice of like 7 jumps into low-sec or like 4 jumps in null-sec scares me. I'm like 16 days away from a covert-ops ship, so i'[m not touching null-sec, yet i'm not certain if a shuttle will protect me that deep into low-sec.

For now, I have decided to move on to the Amarr arc pending the skills for the covert-ops frigate. Its just that moving my fleet (BS, Noctis, Industrial) any significant distance is so time-consuming I would hate to have to bounce around too much. I would also like to devote more time to dps skills, but ah well, at least the Kronos-Marauder is a little upgrade from the Hyperion.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby aureon » Sat May 19, 2012 10:47 am

"deep" low sec is far safer than lowsec adjacent to hisec, although Null is a different issue.
aureon

Postby Invisusira » Sun May 20, 2012 6:50 am

Lowsec is relatively safe for small ships. Gatecamps will generally not even bother trying to engage you, and even if they do you can almost always get into warp more quickly than they can lock you. Cloaky ships are pretty much impossible to lose in lowsec unless you screw up; that being said, part of it is just getting the feel for jumping into systems and how to react.

Big ships, on the other hand, are a pirate's dream. A nice, expensive slow aligning battleship or hauler are prime tarets for gatecamps or for being scanned down and attacked. Exercise extreme caution when flying bigger things into lowsec, and absolutely do not jump into a lowsec system in something big unless you know what's on the other side of the gate.

As aureon said, lowsec right on the border of highsec is the most dangerous - highest traffic, and therefore highest levels of pirating. Nullsec is a whole different beast with its own sets of pros and cons.
Invisusira

Postby Hrobertgar » Sun May 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Thanks guys.

Since I've repositioned my fleet for the Amarr quest series, i'll try to finish it off. About to do msn5 - Cowardly Commander now to finish ch1. I think i'll play it safe and wait for a covert-ops frig before trying the low-sec run. With summer travel and such it won't be that rough waiting for it.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby KaDa » Sun May 20, 2012 4:18 pm

A few days after the launch of Diablo 3 we did a roam.
6 of us in various fast ships, coming out of HiSec, in the first system (remember what aureon said?) we had a bait drake sitting on a gate that we totally engaged, and ofc got hammered badly when his buddies joined.

After that, the rest of the op, for around two hours, we wandered around, and either met blue guys (with sec standing above 0.0) or members of our faction militia. After two hours, having visited a few dozen systems we gave up.
Not satisfied that my second ship didn't see any action, I went on a solo rampage, at the end of which I've met one more fleet (was not good to be outnumbered 8:1 on a gate, but before my cloak expired they jumped), and by the time I logged off, I roamed some 7+ regions of 3 empires.
The next day yet again with a deathwish (still had jump clone cooldown) I went looking for trouble in regions that has orange/reds of my corp, saw capitals on scan, saw 8/10 hostile in locak, in the end only managed to find a Loki I-have-no-idea-where (after a time I just began randomly jumping into nulgates), fought him untill I managed to flee, docked in the only station with repair, he docked as well, asked if he has something that has a so-so chance against me, he oblieged, I had a good time, he got a kill.

Wow, rant.

The storyline missions are a bit different though, since people KNOW where storylines go, and seekers of them are tasty.
Small ships aren't that much safe if someone really wants you badly (Sensor Booster tackler locks before you warp even in a pod if they hawk for it).

0.02$ of a new(er) guy.
KaDa

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue May 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Well, I'm now halfway thru the Amarr Epic Mission Arc, having completed 11/19 missions. Missions 11 was fun at the start, and I even managed to loot it to make up for one mission I forgot to loot. But Mission 11 was a LOT of damage from the first wave with the 5 Veteran BS making me warp out 3 times to finish them off, So I am going to work on my dps a bit more.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Invisusira » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:42 pm

https://www.eve-volt.net/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=33111

50 billion worth of BPOs and BPCs, and every single one of them dropped. Not only that, but this guy had actually tried to sneak past us once before already. Jumped into us, burned back to gate, and just barely made it out. Then decided to try again about 10 minutes later.
Invisusira

Postby KaDa » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:48 am

I've done a lot of silly things in the game, some on purpose.
Also did some stupid and dumb stuff, but managed to have the maximum possible loss at a tolerable level.

Some stuff... cannot be described by these words.
Exhibit A provided in the previous post

I imagine there was a party afterwards? :lol:

PS: or in case those were tolerable losses for him... I don't want to know
KaDa

Postby Delphineas » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Anyone still playing?
Fan of angels and catgirls.
Current MMO: EVE
Delphineas

Postby Invisusira » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm

I am, yeah. Haven't been quite as active due to school, but still playing!
Invisusira

Postby Delphineas » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:14 pm

will have large t2 rails tommorrow FINALLY! YAY!...except I decided to aim for a nightmare now. Time for a month or so of cross training....

3 rl friends started playing, which is why I'm back. doing some level 4s and mining.
Fan of angels and catgirls.
Current MMO: EVE
Delphineas

Postby Invisusira » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:34 am

Ha, cool. Gogo Nagas!
The new T1 cruiser buffs in Retribution are pretty nice.
Invisusira

Postby Passionario » Thu May 16, 2013 3:35 am

Just started a trial. I already wonder how badly I'm going to regret this.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Invisusira » Thu May 16, 2013 5:59 am

The Apocalypse hull is getting a badass new model in the new patch (which is a couple weeks away). This is IMPORTANT NEWS FOR TANKADINS because it means the Paladin looks way cooler now; it goes from this:

to this:

Screenshots don't really do it justice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVcNLSoYNAY <- apoc/paladin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDQhHnnX4SY <- navy issue
Invisusira

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games