Remove Advertisements

Pursuit of Justice

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:16 pm

Mortehl wrote:I take PoJ for 1 fight and 1 fight only. Kael'thas. Even a 3% chance you don't take a 25k pyro in the piehole during a screwed up consumable or pain suppression is worth juggling the points.

Eh, that's a 1 in 30 chance of saving your butt. In general, you will hardly have 30 *total* phase 4 attempts before saying goodbye to Kael for good, much less 30 occasions where there's a screwed up rotation.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Baelor » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:16 pm

Palladia wrote:I'm still stressed over dropping BoK (Don't really mind about Imp. Judgement though) for PoJ in my prot spec because there are still times when you're the only Paladin around.

If you're the only paladin around, then the only blessings being made should be anything but Kings or Light. Salv for the DPS, Sanctuary for yourself, Wisdom for the healers, Might for bears and Salv for cats, and maybe, MAYBE a Might for a prot warrior if they don't like Sanctuary.

Kings is a great buff, but it shouldn't be the only blessing on a person in PvE. The other stuff takes priority (some exceptions may apply).
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:19 pm

Baelor wrote:
Palladia wrote:I'm still stressed over dropping BoK (Don't really mind about Imp. Judgement though) for PoJ in my prot spec because there are still times when you're the only Paladin around.

If you're the only paladin around, then the only blessings being made should be anything but Kings or Light. Salv for the DPS, Sanctuary for yourself, Wisdom for the healers, Might for bears and Salv for cats, and maybe, MAYBE a Might for a prot warrior if they don't like Sanctuary.

Kings is a great buff, but it shouldn't be the only blessing on a person in PvE. The other stuff takes priority (some exceptions may apply).

Kings is the first blessing for any tank in a raid imo.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Baelor » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:28 pm

Dorvan wrote:
Baelor wrote:

Kings is the first blessing for any tank in a raid imo.

I can't imagine running a raid with less than 2 paladins anyway. One of 'em has to have Kings. Lately I've been in raids with 7-8 paladins as people are getting back into the swing and aren't showing up for raids, so the glut of paladins keep filling the gaps.

Anyway, my warped sense of blessing assignments aside, I'll stop derailing the thread. Back to the topic - PoJ.

I don't take it when I spec tank. I just enchant Boar's Speed on my boots and call it a day. 0/49/12 is still where it's at.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Morningrise » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:39 pm

Dorvan wrote:Boar's Speed is 8%. I don't like PoJ, but if you're going to get it there's no point in going less than 3/3.
Good point. I've been reading the various database sites & what the comments have to say about Boar's Speed vs PoJ run speed increase. I'm leaning toward just maxing out Deflection when I get there, forgetting PoJ, and getting Boar's Speed on a good pair of boots. Sure I'd get PoJ if I was Ret b/c I wouldn't have access to Spell Warding, but as Prot I'm not willing to go with less than 49 points in the Prot tree the more I think about it.

By the way... am I correct in my assumption that the difference in Boar's Speed +stam & Fortitude +stam is only 30 health? 9 stam vs 12 stam, respectively.
Morningrise

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:46 pm

When you include sacred duty, combat expertise, and blessing of kings, it's actually about 38 HP. Of course, in reality stamina can only take integer values so it's either 30 or 40, but 40 more often than 30. Still not a big loss.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Melathys » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:00 pm

I take it because I'm greedy and like to run fast. :lol:
Melathys

Re: Pursuit of Justice

Postby Dianora » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:35 pm

PapaNasty wrote:Just wondering if many of you guys incorporate this into your talent builds

Personally I always build it into my talent builds and love it, having that improved speed is handy for fights where you do need to move a little, whether it be chasing leo around after your shield misses, running back into melee range on VR, or even just running a lil faster to that next heroics pull so that you have 5 extra seconds to stuff your face with manaa biscuits lol

Anywho, just thought I'd check and see what other peoples thoughts were

I would love to take PoJ, except our guild currently does not have raiding Ret Paladin, so our 2 protection paladin have to spec for improved seal of the crusader.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Sielanas » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:52 pm

I did respec, took 2 in Pursuit, 3 in Imp Crusader, and shaved one point from Imp Judgment. It does seem that many times I can't judge/reseal in proper rotation so I figure it's worth a shot.
Sielanas

Postby Melathys » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:59 pm

Sielanas wrote:I did respec, took 2 in Pursuit, 3 in Imp Crusader, and shaved one point from Imp Judgment. It does seem that many times I can't judge/reseal in proper rotation so I figure it's worth a shot.

I tried not taking imp judgements, but then found myself constantly mashing my judgement button 2 seconds early.
Melathys

Postby Coristad » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:52 pm

I have been 46/15 since 2.3, and I love PoJ. As Worldie said, there are a ton of T5 fights where movement is critical. Is it a must-have? No, certainly not.

It's not the "spell dodge" as it were, but the movement that is really what makes it attractive. However, if you are in the process of gearing up for 70, you might want to stack on all of the survivability you can get until you can get your upgrades, then when you spec out of reckoning (which is a great starting talent), spec into PoJ, as well.

I dropped 2 points in spell warding and 1 point in 1H spec to pick it up. Any drop in my survivability or threat that might have occurred as a result of the talent change has been more than made up for by access to significantly better gear. I'm pondering shaving one point off improved judgment just to put back into 1HS, but Judgement is such a rhythm game that I'm not sure I want to disrupt it :? .
Coristad

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:13 pm

Coristad wrote:I have been 46/15 since 2.3, and I love PoJ. As Worldie said, there are a ton of T5 fights where movement is critical. Is it a must-have? No, certainly not.

It's not the "spell dodge" as it were, but the movement that is really what makes it attractive. However, if you are in the process of gearing up for 70, you might want to stack on all of the survivability you can get until you can get your upgrades, then when you spec out of reckoning (which is a great starting talent), spec into PoJ, as well.

I dropped 2 points in spell warding and 1 point in 1H spec to pick it up. Any drop in my survivability or threat that might have occurred as a result of the talent change has been more than made up for by access to significantly better gear. I'm pondering shaving one point off improved judgment just to put back into 1HS, but Judgement is such a rhythm game that I'm not sure I want to disrupt it :? .

Question: did you ever have Boar's Speed before taking PoJ?

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Palladia » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:11 pm

Dorvan wrote:Kings is the first blessing for any tank in a raid imo.

Easily enough.

Anyway, as you can see from my armory, I now dropped BoK and Imp. Judgement for PoJ. I don't really notice the threat difference, so I'll keep it as it is now, we always have at least 2 Paladins in raids anyways and all have BoK, I just don't recommend this for someone starting off with heroics.
Palladia

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:16 pm

Yeah, even though I don't like PoJ those would be the points I'd drop if I were going to grab it.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Sielanas » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:06 pm

I've had Boar's Speed, I had 3 in PoJ until earlier today. The difference between the two is noticeable. I imagine 8/10% shouldn't be too much but it should help.

And 1 point out of Judgment not for lack of being able to Judge, since it's not on GCD but the fact that I can't re-Seal from HS having priority.
Sielanas

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents