Remove Advertisements

New things you've noticed

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: New things you've noticed

Postby Klaudandus » Fri May 04, 2012 9:08 am

what about mounts with restrictions? like profession mounts or class mounts?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Fri May 04, 2012 9:22 am

Apparently, Paladin mounts are shared. Lots of people suppose that's an oversight.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Treck » Fri May 04, 2012 10:50 am

I would almost think so tbh.
But if thats the case, then Im assuming profession specific mounts will be accountbound aswell, so that almost makes me think that the mounts will be accountbound, but with restrictions.

Edit: Thinking about it a bit makes me think they just wont care, I mean if you are going to put class restrictions on it, why not professionrestrictions, and once you are there, why not achievement restrictions.
At that point, theres not much point with accountbound anymore.
So my bet is definately on that its actually working as intended.
Treck

Postby Newsom » Fri May 04, 2012 11:01 am

Klaudandus wrote:what about mounts with restrictions? like profession mounts or class mounts?

Currently everyone gets to use class mounts (kind of fun having the Sunwalker Kodo on a shaman) but I'm guessing that is just an oversight. I was also able to mount the Argent Charger on non-paladins.

Faction mounts are restricted to its faction (no elekks for horde) while neutral mounts are not (Raven Lord for all). My flying carpet didn't appear in my list of mounts on my paladin who does not have tailoring, so that seems to work as intended already.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Qeeze » Fri May 04, 2012 1:09 pm

The menu bar has 12 buttons now, and the new one pops open your mounts & pets page. While this new page is buggy atm on beta, I'm sure the mounts players are seeing today is close to their intent.

Look at it this way. You the player did what was needed to get those mounts. Blizzard made the correct decision IMO to just let PLAYERS have access to all of their mounts. Yea that's new and takes a few minutes to get used to but look at it this way. Brewfest mounts you never got on your main now are usable on all your characters. Those faction and rare raid mounts you have on one character, are now usable on all level appropriate alts OR mains. No one really wants to farm rare mounts on multiple toons after all.

Remember we're getting loads of new mounts and pets added to the game in MoP so this is the perfect time to make this change. Will it seem odd to see some fresh 90 in quest greens & blues riding around on Invincible or Mimron's head? Maybe, but their choice of mount & title will instantly tell you that green machine has a decent character somewhere. That's a good addition to the game.
Qeeze

Postby Skye1013 » Sat May 05, 2012 6:33 am

I approve.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon May 14, 2012 5:42 pm

Crusader Strike has a new animation
Avenger's Shield now returns to you after hitting its target/s.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby superworm » Mon May 14, 2012 6:15 pm

Has anyone tried whether one can use the mounts of the opposite faction?
superworm

Postby Worldie » Mon May 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Flex wrote:Avenger's Shield now returns to you after hitting its target/s.

This is probably one of the best graphical changes they made. Felt a bit silly to throw away your shield :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:19 pm

superworm wrote:Has anyone tried whether one can use the mounts of the opposite faction?

Pandas can, others can't (at least, they didn't show up prior to me losing all of my mounts.)
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby JoeBravo » Mon May 14, 2012 11:41 pm

Worldie wrote:
Flex wrote:Avenger's Shield now returns to you after hitting its target/s.

This is probably one of the best graphical changes they made. Felt a bit silly to throw away your shield :D

even worse if you missed :P
should now look the best if you miss. :lol:
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Arjuna » Tue May 15, 2012 12:17 am

Qeeze wrote:Will it seem odd to see some fresh 20 in quest greens & blues riding around on Invincible or Mimron's head?

Fixed :)
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Skye1013 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:35 am

There are still level restrictions on some of the mounts. Not sure if they'll remain that way though.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby djlar » Thu May 17, 2012 2:20 pm

So why my level 30+ panda doesn't have any mounts? and I can't purchase any (not exalted with anyone yet), really frustrating walking everywhere... is this a bug or should I grind rep 'til exhalted for a mount?

Didn't even receive any of the account wide mounts (like the annual pass charger)..
djlar

Postby Skye1013 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:21 pm

Do you have any other characters on beta, or just the panda? The only way for panda's to currently get mounts is through the account-wide mounts*, BoE mounts (i.e. holiday/guild/crafted), Dalaran vendor mounts (lvl 40+), or actually getting a mount drop.

Last I checked (and it's been awhile) even getting up to Exalted rep didn't allow purchasing the other main faction mounts.

*Store bought/Collector's Edition/AP mounts don't count towards this because the beta doesn't register the account as having credit for them. Same with most of the pets (I started with 3 in my mailbox when I created vs the 5-6 I normally have.) I think this somehow linked to the same reason you don't see your realID friends while on beta.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta