Remove Advertisements

So who's in the beta?

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: So who's in the beta?

Postby Pizbit » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:54 pm

halabar wrote:Well, I'm out of beta until at least the next build, Blizz broke something, and the beta refuses to run. Gives a "failed to launch critical file" when you hit the play button. Can't get it to go further, rebooted, reinstalled, same shit.

Works for others, including me, nuked it from orbit proper?
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:35 am

I'm still getting the very frequent crash in stormwind. Very annoying, I wanted to try out pokemon battles :\
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby tuberon » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:53 am

I think I'm lucky, the only crashes I've had are launcher related, and I fixed those myself :X
Warning: Above poster makes no claims to validity or sanity of said post.

Also... cake.
tuberon
Maintankadonor

Postby Epimer » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:38 am

I'm getting quite frequent crashes in the new areas.

Anyway, I've not got much on this weekend so I'll be on the beta a lot. I'm hoping to learn a bit about Monks, so I'll be playing Eedjit on Mekkatorque (EU).

Be sure to /join maintankadin. It's lonely in there.
Epimer

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:50 am

They've fixed the client crash bug that was crashing people all the time in populated areas, but it looks like there's something wrong with flight paths now, I keep crashing when I fly anywhere.

There are also no chat channels in the Jade Forest now.

Edit: Welp, apart from the client bug last build, this build is buggier than ever, I'm crashing or getting booted to log in all the time.

Edit2: Okay, the crashes mostly seem to be limited to the 64 bit client, which has appeared with this build and seems to be turned on by default. I still get booted to character select or logon quite a lot, though.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby tuberon » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:21 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:They've fixed the client crash bug that was crashing people all the time in populated areas, but it looks like there's something wrong with flight paths now, I keep crashing when I fly anywhere.

There are also no chat channels in the Jade Forest now.

Edit: Welp, apart from the client bug last build, this build is buggier than ever, I'm crashing or getting booted to log in all the time.

Edit2: Okay, the crashes mostly seem to be limited to the 64 bit client, which has appeared with this build and seems to be turned on by default. I still get booted to character select or logon quite a lot, though.

Just remember to submit your crash reports and bugs, especially if it's limited to only one client, that stuff is important.
Warning: Above poster makes no claims to validity or sanity of said post.

Also... cake.
tuberon
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Yeah, I fill in what I was doing every time I get a new one.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby lakhesis » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:30 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Edit2: Okay, the crashes mostly seem to be limited to the 64 bit client, which has appeared with this build and seems to be turned on by default. I still get booted to character select or logon quite a lot, though.

Yeah, Mac OS launcher kept giving me error messages about missing files or insufficient admin rights. After messing around rebooting & deleting caches, I went to do a repair & noticed that it had turned on the 64-bit client. Turning it off again solved the problem and it's work fine(ish) since.

So, at least on Mac OS, it sounds like they pushed the 64 bit default build without actually pushing the 64 bit client at the same time.
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Postby Klaudandus » Sun May 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Where is everyone on Lost Isles? =(
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Sun May 13, 2012 6:59 pm

I've been playing very limitedly because all my mounts have disappeared and it's a pain in the ass to run everywhere. I don't mind it as much on my lower level chars (ie. Panda Monk) because I tend to run dungeons more than quest anyhow, but when it comes to exploring new content, I can't stand to do so at a running pace.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Sun May 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Skye1013 wrote:I've been playing very limitedly because all my mounts have disappeared and it's a pain in the ass to run everywhere. I don't mind it as much on my lower level chars (ie. Panda Monk) because I tend to run dungeons more than quest anyhow, but when it comes to exploring new content, I can't stand to do so at a running pace.

there is a fix for that.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:23 pm

Please explain? I've been looking for one, but have been coming up empty.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Sun May 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Please explain? I've been looking for one, but have been coming up empty.

Copy one of your main toons into the server you're playing. Once the copying process is complete, log on to it, and open the spellbook and see if your mounts are there, they will most likely be. Now, switch to whichever character you have in the beta and open their spellbook again, if there are no mounts, logout and switch back to the character you just copied, open your spellbook, choose any mount and mount it up, log out again and log back in to the character you're using mainly in the beta... your mounts should be there. The fix works about 85% of the time.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:40 pm

And once I run out of character copies?
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Sun May 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Skye1013 wrote:And once I run out of character copies?

Uh... I dunno? The only way I know around that involves having character copy slots available
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta