Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Level"

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Ghostcrawler: "Bringing Achievements to the Account Leve

Postby theckhd » Thu May 10, 2012 8:10 am

Skye1013 wrote:I think I'd rather them remove Mass Res over HGWT. At least as far as pugs are concerned (though I've been in guilds before with similar people.) People that can't be arsed to release, walk the 5 ft from the gy to the instance portal, then take the teleport at the entrance to damn near the exact location that we died at, need to quit being so damn lazy.

They're going to do that anyway as long as resurrection spells exist. In a progression guild, Mass Res is an excellent way to get more attempts in on a boss with limited time. It's especially advantageous in two-night guilds like my own, since we have to be efficient with our time.

We even have a shaman that regularly ankhs after a wipe to use mass res and speed up the next attempt. It's debatable whether that's a net gain on progression - more attempts/hr certainly helps, but him being able to ankh during an encounter might also turn a wipe into a kill. That said, he doesn't die very often to begin with, so it's probably a net gain for our specific situation.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Zalaria » Thu May 10, 2012 8:20 am

We usually have a rogue, hunter, or mage survive and mass res. Saves the ankh for the fight, still gets us re-started faster.

Wish they'd lower the debuff to 5 minutes though, having to have the raid run back even though someone (without a normal res) survived is a bit obnoxious.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:56 am

In a raid setting, most times (not always) I don't mind Mass Res. Especially when it comes to progression. That being said, most raid progression groups are majority guild runs, so you can "weed out the stupid" by not making them permanent raid members at the end of their trials.

theckhd wrote:They're going to do that anyway as long as resurrection spells exist.

I realize that, but it's a lot easier to force them to run back if not everyone in the party can res them all willy-nilly.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby mavfin » Thu May 10, 2012 12:26 pm

theckhd wrote:Better idea: Put the summoning stones inside the instance, and make them one-to-summon.

Rift has a nice way of doing this: If the raid is formed already, first person to zone in gives everyone else a popup to join them. Hit yes, and you're teleported in. Just one person has to get there to the instance. They also do this on wipes: one person gets to the entrance and zones back in, everyone else can click yes and get back in at the entrance, too.

IMO, this would be a nice middle ground for non-LFR/LFD instances/raids if they're getting rid of HGWT.

Edit: Same concept works fine cross-realm, too, since you're *in* the instance, or at least entering the instance server when it trips the teleport for others.
--Mav
mavfin

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta