Remove Advertisements

[10H] Hagara

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Hagara

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:01 am

We've had some issues with the lightning too. We have two groups of two running lightning on each side, when they swap the people running to the middle will sometimes get lightning and chain it to the healers, while the next group is parked on the totem getting nothing. As a healer, I get as close to Hagara as I can, but sometimes the runners chain it to me during the swap. We're getting decent at the phase, but controlling the lightning definitely feels a little clumsy.

We tried the stand in the bubble method, but we have 1T and 3 melee (2 reg melee + 1 warrior OT in dps spec) and it takes too long vs healer mana with only the three ranged blasting the totems down, and our melee getting such little uptime. We have since done a few pulls with everyone running around and dip into the bubble to be cleansed and to pass the frost walls until a given totem is down, then moving on to the next. We need a bit more practice but it seems more workable with our raid comp.

Hopefully with just a little more practice we'll get her. (before Blizz drops more mega-nerfs)
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Epimer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:06 pm

We do two teams of two (no kill yet, but got to ~6%; we have working tactics, we just suck at consistent execution, as always) and one of our teams complains about the lightning being "buggy" every time, whereas the other side is really consistent. Maybe it's just good luck.

In any case, our three healers unanimously prefer healing lightning to frost. It is much shorter, I suppose. We've been ducking into the bubble for dispels, and sticking with one crystal a time, running around the ice spikes until that crystal is dead (until it's at ~20%, when the melee move on).

I was surprised to find that at 10% nerf the Focused Assault has been totally manageable for me without resorting to Holy Paladin taunt shenanigans, which is good because our other tank is also a paladin and to get a feral we'd have to lose a legendary (and our DK is an extremely reluctant tank).
Epimer

Postby jekoh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:44 pm

Epimer wrote:We do two teams of two (no kill yet, but got to ~6%; we have working tactics, we just suck at consistent execution, as always) and one of our teams complains about the lightning being "buggy" every time, whereas the other side is really consistent. Maybe it's just good luck.

I noticed also some problems at the start with pets getting the chainlightning after the lightning disapear from you and the pillar and you have to move back close to the pillar so that the lightning comme again (if you stay to far it do not chain you again with the pillar even if the distance is ok with the normal chainlightning)

Otherwise what I noticed don't know if it's what happen with one of your team :

running like for the left side is always ok for the red guy, but doing like in the right side in order to save some time running the shortest way or trying to avoid the aoe on the ground increase the probability to loose the lightning between you and the pillar. If you are lucky you are always chained with the black player and he is close enough to the next pillar to chain with it but if you are not lucky you loose the chain between you and him before he is close enough and as you have lost yourself the chain with the previous pillar the lightning is lost completely and you have to walk back close to the pillar and gesticulate waiting that the lightning come back again.
jekoh

Postby Ghuul » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:35 am

Hrobertgar wrote:We've had some issues with the lightning too. We have two groups of two running lightning on each side, when they swap the people running to the middle will sometimes get lightning and chain it to the healers, while the next group is parked on the totem getting nothing. As a healer, I get as close to Hagara as I can, but sometimes the runners chain it to me during the swap. We're getting decent at the phase, but controlling the lightning definitely feels a little clumsy.

We tried the stand in the bubble method, but we have 1T and 3 melee (2 reg melee + 1 warrior OT in dps spec) and it takes too long vs healer mana with only the three ranged blasting the totems down, and our melee getting such little uptime. We have since done a few pulls with everyone running around and dip into the bubble to be cleansed and to pass the frost walls until a given totem is down, then moving on to the next. We need a bit more practice but it seems more workable with our raid comp.

Hopefully with just a little more practice we'll get her. (before Blizz drops more mega-nerfs)

1. Lightning Phase: We never get the situation where the lightning chains the raid in the middle. We start this phase with all our healers and ranges staying in the middle and our tank with the melees at the add spawn. After the add is down, the two teams (1 tank and 3 DPS with immunity skills or damage reductions cds) run around, never beeing to close to the center. This phase shouldn't last longer than 20 seconds. But it takes some practise to execute this phase properly ;)
2. Ice Phase: Hmm, the more melee DPS you have, the easier it is to heal. We always run the bubble method. On our firstkill we only had two range-DPS and it was pretty easy to heal up. Two weeks ago we had a full ranged lineup which was fucking hardcore for us healers, even with a raid-cd rotation, but it was manageable. Just let your melee and tank run outside and step into the bubble when they get the debuff. Assign one healer for dispelling. If you have a healing priest, form one group with all the healers and range-DPS to let him easily spam prayer of healing all the time.
Ghuul

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:40 am

We did beat this last night after several 25%-55% wipes, most due to the at times still glitchy lightning. We had one particular pull in which we had only one remaining uncharged totem for like 25 seconds. It was so bad that the lightning chained AROUND the totem and killed a party member less than 3 yards on the other side of it without charging the totem.

Lightning totem fails were probably the #1 wipe issue. Frost phase execution fail and ice lance execution fails were lesser issues, but we did get the kill.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Schroom » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:02 am

just need some feedback here. until this week we had Hagara 10 man HM on farm, but Sunday one of our healers always got destroyed by shattered ice... even though the Boss was tanked on the edge and everyone except the tank was behind Hagara.

did they fix something here to really target random players? because we never ever before observed this behaviour when the boss was tanked in this way, which usually avoids that anyone except the tank being targeted.
Schroom

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:12 am

Not as far as I know. I also think she can cast it in a 180 degree arc in front of her. So maybe the healer was at that mark either to the left or right of the boss?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:34 am

mh gotta check that with him, and our DK tank as, I wasn't tanking at the time. but thanks anyway. I'll remember hem of the 180° arc
Schroom

Postby Belloc » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:20 pm

We occasionally have a healer getting hit by Shattered Ice during our runs, as well. It's always the healer soaking the Ice Lances that spawn the furthest to the north (where we tank the boss). Long story short, if someone is getting hit, they're to the boss' front 180 degrees.

And on an unrelated note, here's a tip I haven't seen in the thread: Smoke bomb prevents ice lance from doing damage. I think it prevents the debuff application, too, but I never pay enough attention. Either way: Smoke bomb = let the melee soak lances until the smoke bomb expires.
Belloc

Postby stevos » Wed May 02, 2012 10:23 am

Trick is to tank her right at the edge on one of the points of the platform. That minimises any chance of anyone else getting hit.

You can't fall off, so you can back yourself right against the invisible wall.
stevos

Postby Fenrìr » Wed May 02, 2012 11:08 am

stevos wrote:Trick is to tank her right at the edge on one of the points of the platform. That minimises any chance of anyone else getting hit.

You can't fall off, so you can back yourself right against the invisible wall.

What I wouldn't give for that to be changed. luls.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed May 02, 2012 7:48 pm

I generally use Glyphed-DivProt to solo an ICE Beam, every once in a while if we are moving after a stun phase, sometimes I will move a little to the outside and apparently break the 180-deg plane of the boss and get nailed by an ice shatter. I think it is simply the 180-degree arc and your ice lance soakers need to be carefull not to move towards that direction, and your tank needs good facing discipline with the boss.

We do still sometimes get a bug whereby one lightning totem will refuse to be triggerred by its normal group. It seems to always be the one diagonally left, just before the last totem. Our solution is to make the other side continue to run around to try to activate the totem from that side. Again, I have witnessed the normal group chaining lightning upto right next to that totem, with someone running to the other side. The lightning can chain to that person and kill them and still not activate the totem. However, having the other group continue around from the other (last totem) seems to take care of the rare bug.

We have gotten better at simply having the raid all run around the circle and dodge inside to avoid icewalls. During this phase I will pop both AuraMAstery, and later Gank. I use all other CDs for lightning phase and just spam Flash of Light and Holy Shock on the raid.

We still do a Spriest/DK-tank (two toons with solid magic dmg resist) on one side and 2 groups of two (toons with less magic dmg resist) splitting the other side to minimize dmg from lightning on those runners.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby stevos » Fri May 04, 2012 10:15 am

I use the trinket from firelands rep.

Everytime she gets stunned, i just run to wall, which means she completely misses out on one focused attack per phase.

I then use Guardian or Ardent for each iceblock attack (2nd) just incase a healer gets LoS issues or blocked.

Final one i use DP to survive.

Don't forget to have Guarded by the light up just before the focused attack starts.

I then have the trinket should i need it, which I normally dont.

Ice phase is where i use DG. I just run around pretending i can dps and using HoF when i need it.

Kind of boring fight as tankadin.

At every stun, we make sure our whole dps is back into p1 positions (spread around the tank at the edge) just before the dps burn phase ends. The amount of dps you lose is worth it for survivablity. Last thing you want is people moving with the beams. We have healers in the middle and ranged flanking them. Person with beam stays still and people close to them take the stacks off them.
stevos

Postby Fetzie » Sat May 05, 2012 2:51 am

Ice phase is where i use DG. I just run around pretending i can dps and using HoF when i need it.

Do you guys stack up in the middle? If you don't there isn't any notable damage on the raid in the ice phase. I use DG when three totems are left in the lightning phase.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby stevos » Sat May 05, 2012 5:40 am

Pyrea wrote:

Do you guys stack up in the middle? If you don't there isn't any notable damage on the raid in the ice phase. I use DG when three totems are left in the lightning phase.

Yeah we stack ranged/healers in the middle.

We found that to be more controlled, since a bad slowing spot could cause a wipe very easily with the whole raid running around.
stevos

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)