Remove Advertisements

New things you've noticed

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: New things you've noticed

Postby Mert » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:20 am

Yelena wrote:To be fair, Prot Paladins were already the red headed step-child Flag Carrier for Rated Battlegrounds in Cataclysm, that's going to continue in Pandaclysm with how things are panning out.

Anything that increases your health synergizes extremely well with Resilience (or PvP Defense, whatever they want to call it). That made Last Stand (and similar effects) vastly superior to Ardent Defender in practice, the death save usually didn't do much beyond prolong the inevitable by 1-2 seconds, especially in the current season.

I'm cautiously optimistic about our ability to FC in MoP actually for two reasons - firstly, among the proposed Resilience changes is the fact it'll scale damage/healing done as well as damage surpression - the net effect being that the relative strength of heals goes up as everyone's damage and mitigation balance out. That'll make spammable WoG a great tool.

The second reason is the frankly wonderful synergy between Long Arm of the Law and Sanctified Wrath - no-minimum-range Judgement sprint on zero cooldown in a situation when half the enemy team is chasing me? Yeah go on then :D

When you consider that Judgement also gives you Holy Power to support those better-in-relative-terms WoGs I begin to think we might even be too good at flag carrying as currently implemented!
Mert

Postby djlar » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:33 am

I just wonder when they are opening BG's on the beta, I'm almost certain that Monks will be the preferred class, they have so many PvP features, and with all the speed enhancing features will be excellent FCs
djlar

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:02 am

Windwalker doesn't have the survivability of the Brewmaster, and Brewmaster doesn't have the mobility. On top of that, Flying Seprent Kick is affected by slows and snares (don't know if Roll is, though it does go super slow if you turn on Walk). (The long cooldown talented Sprint has snare removal, but sacrifices more/better Rolls to pick it up).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:07 am

Having been dazed a few times while leveling, I can anecdotally confirm that roll is affected by snares (or at least Momentum is.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Yelena » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Mert wrote:
Yelena wrote:To be fair, Prot Paladins were already the red headed step-child Flag Carrier for Rated Battlegrounds in Cataclysm, that's going to continue in Pandaclysm with how things are panning out.

Anything that increases your health synergizes extremely well with Resilience (or PvP Defense, whatever they want to call it). That made Last Stand (and similar effects) vastly superior to Ardent Defender in practice, the death save usually didn't do much beyond prolong the inevitable by 1-2 seconds, especially in the current season.

I'm cautiously optimistic about our ability to FC in MoP actually for two reasons - firstly, among the proposed Resilience changes is the fact it'll scale damage/healing done as well as damage surpression - the net effect being that the relative strength of heals goes up as everyone's damage and mitigation balance out. That'll make spammable WoG a great tool.

The second reason is the frankly wonderful synergy between Long Arm of the Law and Sanctified Wrath - no-minimum-range Judgement sprint on zero cooldown in a situation when half the enemy team is chasing me? Yeah go on then :D

When you consider that Judgement also gives you Holy Power to support those better-in-relative-terms WoGs I begin to think we might even be too good at flag carrying as currently implemented!

The post you quoted was also a few builds ago, take that into consideration.

Since they finally fixed Pursuit of Justice, that becomes a viable option as well. Slight ramp up time, but more utility for burst movement outside of utilizing a 3 minute cooldown. Consider also that you can use Holy Avenger to instantly get 3 Holy Power from the first Judgment, and be cruising at a steady 140%. Bank 5 before leaving combat, and you maintain the 40% runspeed boost for 30 seconds before it starts decaying.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Fetzie » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:16 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Windwalker doesn't have the survivability of the Brewmaster, and Brewmaster doesn't have the mobility. On top of that, Flying Seprent Kick is affected by slows and snares (don't know if Roll is, though it does go super slow if you turn on Walk). (The long cooldown talented Sprint has snare removal, but sacrifices more/better Rolls to pick it up).

If you Roll while swimming you travel about 2 feet (at least my low-level monk did)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:37 am

Yeah, none of them function while swimming.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Esilence » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:45 am

Has any of the "account wide" features made it into the beta?

I'm interested to know if "account wide" is literally just the account, or the entire Battle.net account. It could also create some interesting stuff if it crosses factions as well...
Eteyin - Resto Shaman
Esilence - Prot Pally
EU-Wildhammer
Esilence

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Esilence wrote:Has any of the "account wide" features made it into the beta?

Sort of... I can see my priests achievements on the summary tab ("recent achievements") while playing my monk, but it doesn't show anywhere else that I've noticed.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:33 pm

I'm interested to know if "account wide" is literally just the account, or the entire Battle.net account. It could also create some interesting stuff if it crosses factions as well...

GC came in and said all "character" achievements will be account-wide, and there will also be some account-level achievements, such as level both an Alliance and a Horde character to 90.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/221810-account-wide-achievements-are-a-let-down/
Ghostcrawler wrote:We aren't planning (for now) to have any character only achievements, but there will probably be some account only achievements. These would be things like level a Horde and Alliance character to 90, which wouldn't make sense for one character. Technically, an account-only achievement is different from account-wide, hence the "most." Maybe it's too technical a point to bother with though.
rodos

Postby Chicken » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:19 am

Companion pets were also account wide, though I can't seem to access any of those since the most recent beta build, including the ones I've learned after the build got pushed. :?:
Chicken

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:26 am

Regarding new things, I noticed that currently on the beta you can discover unexplored areas of the map when passing through them on a flight path, which isn't true on live. This happened to me outside of Pandaria, too.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Newsom » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:10 am

Achievements are in as well as pets (kind of... you have to re-learn the pets into the new pet battle system while, but this will be fixed before live). Mounts are not, and achievement rewards are not (yet). Not sure if we'll see account wide mounts at launch but achievements seem to have made it!

As someone with two accounts I'm also very curious if account wide means Battle.net account or just WoW account. Not sure if I'd keep my second subscription active if it's not truly Battle.net account wide.
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby rodos » Tue May 01, 2012 12:05 am

If they're b.net account-wide they could make them cross-game too. Wear your "Hand of A'dal" title in D3! :D
rodos

Postby Esilence » Tue May 01, 2012 12:13 am

Newsom wrote:As someone with two accounts I'm also very curious if account wide means Battle.net account or just WoW account. Not sure if I'd keep my second subscription active if it's not truly Battle.net account wide.

Yeh this is my reasoning as well, I keep two accounts, each has 1 char that has stuff on I'd like both to have (and the usual spread of random alts). I like the flexibility of having them able to be both online at the same time, but I'm not sure what I would decide to do if they didn't get to share because of it
Eteyin - Resto Shaman
Esilence - Prot Pally
EU-Wildhammer
Esilence

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta