Remove Advertisements

A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Postby tlitp » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:28 am

Hammer of Wrath is usable by Protection, starting from b15640. Before designing any test, I'd like to know if execute-type abilities (i.e. HoW) can be used on the boss-level dummies at all. If yes, testing HoW will be very straightforward. If not, we'll be forced to improvise.
tlitp

Postby lakhesis » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:42 am

Not absolutely 100%, but 95% sure we can't. All the main city boss dummys I know of have 750 million HP at present, all the non-boss level dummies I know of have 1 (level 85s I saw prior to crashing) or 2 hp (the level 60s I was standing by).
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:49 am

Don't think I've seen a dummy reach low health since WotLK (it used to be not too difficult to take them down and keep them at 1HP).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby tlitp » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:54 pm

It would have been too easy. Bleh. Anyway, the issues that must be addressed are :
1. Is HoW still a (ranged) physical attack ?
2. Can it be parried in 5.x ?

It seems like a good idea to tackle #2 first. If the answer is affirmative, then the first test becomes redundant. However, testing #2 is a royal pain in the arse. I think (i.e. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone comes up with a better design) that the best bet would be to duel a Blood DK.

Requirements :
1. A Ret Paladin. Must have the Sanctified Wrath talent. Must have 0 hit/exp; equipping Holy-oriented gear with a lot of haste would be excellent.
2. A Blood DK. Must have Rune of Swordshattering as runeforging option. Must use a tanking-oriented gear with a lot of Parry (preferably closer to 20% before RoS).

The methodology, step-by-step :
1. Find an isolated area/spot to reduce the noise from the CL and to avoid lagging.
2. Ask the DK the current value of Parry (character panel).
3. Initiate the duel (stay at distance, HoW will be the only source of damage).
4. The Paladin casts Avenging Wrath, then keeps queuing HoW GCD after GCD..
5. The DK casts Dancing Rune Weapon immediately after AW.
6. DRW ends.
7. The Paladin stops casting HoW, duel ends.
8. Upload the CL, report DK's Parry (pre-DRW).
tlitp

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:29 am

Unless they've changed their behaviour in beta, the level 80 melee targets at the Argent Tournament grounds should still allow you to test execute range abilities. If someone has a 77ish paladin they ought to be able to test #2 fairly quickly.
Rhiannon

Postby benebarba » Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 am

What's the status on required tests/datamining from the first page?
benebarba

Postby theckhd » Fri May 11, 2012 9:54 am

Everything still listed is still needed, though #1 is basically waiting on level 90 since there's no level 88-92 dummies to work with.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby benebarba » Sat May 19, 2012 4:10 pm

For the tests which are looking to see if an ability can trigger an enchant (such as 5 & 21) - would an older enchant such as landslide work? (I haven't logged into the beta recently to see what the new enchants are going for - I assume absurd amounts).
benebarba

Postby theckhd » Sun May 20, 2012 6:06 am

No, unless otherwise specified, it needs to be the new enchant. If you're on Lost Isles though, I can arrange to log on and either give you the cash you need (I transferred about a million gold over) or grind enchanting up until I can perform the enchant myself.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby benebarba » Sun May 20, 2012 8:31 am

theckhd wrote:No, unless otherwise specified, it needs to be the new enchant. If you're on Lost Isles though, I can arrange to log on and either give you the cash you need (I transferred about a million gold over) or grind enchanting up until I can perform the enchant myself.

I am, just haven't been on in a long while so don't think I have a weapon of sufficiently high level to be able to apply the enchant to (unless the lower bound goes down to 378), since I haven't leveled my character at all.
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Sun May 20, 2012 10:02 am

yeah... on lost isles as of this morning, the enchants for the enchant proc tests were in the AH for 58-60 K a pop.
benebarba

Postby Skye1013 » Sun May 20, 2012 5:35 pm

If they haven't fixed it... there is a bug with vendoring stacks of items that gives you the stack price for each individual item. Use at your own risk (I think it caps at a max of 300g, which is what a stack of Elemental Flux will give you.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Mon May 21, 2012 5:02 am

benebarba wrote:yeah... on lost isles as of this morning, the enchants for the enchant proc tests were in the AH for 58-60 K a pop.

That's not a problem at all. If your character name on beta is the same as on live, I'll just mail it to you.
theckhd

Postby benebarba » Mon May 21, 2012 7:10 am

theckhd wrote:
benebarba wrote:yeah... on lost isles as of this morning, the enchants for the enchant proc tests were in the AH for 58-60 K a pop.

That's not a problem at all. If your character name on beta is the same as on live, I'll just mail it to you.

Yep - bene is the only one I copied over. I can try to hop on this evening to see where things are at. If I can't enchant a weapon at the moment (say ilvl limit), I can hold em until someone (or I) can.
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Tue May 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Test #3:
(Colossus)
AP/SP: 7571/3786, no glyphs affecting abilities (2 pc T-13 bonus bubble though), SoT. lvl 85
dummy level (60 primary)
Ranged test: no procs observed in ~9 mins worth of casting (J, Cons and AS on cooldown - AS hit 2 other dummies, though)
Melee cast test (CS, SotR as available): no procs in ~7 mins worth of casts
I then went and Autoattacked the target for ~2 mins. I saw no procs then either. So I tried a raid dummy from behind for ~3 mins and saw no procs either.

I'm not going to over-write the enchant or try any other similar proc tests until I can get this part sorted out. Any ideas what could be happening? I enchanted an ilvl 378 weapon with the enchant (yeah, I checked to make sure).
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations