Method vs Vodka DS 25 Heroic speed clear

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Method vs Vodka DS 25 Heroic speed clear

Postby Treck » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:46 am

Yeh, pve during farm gets pretty boring after a month or two, and this really makes you have to think differently to challenge you.
Many of our raiders are tired of the game (me included) since theres nothing to do, it doesnt have to mean people wanna quit playing, but theres basically not much interesting to do.
This challenge changed a lot of things, even if we were to lazy to actually do any real practice for the race, vodka took it a lot more serious than us.
And I hope we will see one or maybe even 2 challenges similar to this during farm between raid contents, that would make things very interesting at a moment of low motivation :P
Treck

Postby Shoju » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:01 am

Athene's online persona grates on me. I would have had the same reaction as Nika. Glad that it is raising cash.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:20 am

Shoju wrote:Athene's online persona grates on me. I would have had the same reaction as Nika. Glad that it is raising cash.

same here

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shoju » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:21 am

It is a shame that I'm horde, and Treck is Alliance, and that you're EU, and I'm US.

You are one of the people I haven't got to "hang" in an MTAdin raid with that I would have liked to.
Shoju

Postby Treck » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:04 am

Shoju wrote:It is a shame that I'm horde, and Treck is Alliance, and that you're EU, and I'm US.
You are one of the people I haven't got to "hang" in an MTAdin raid with that I would have liked to.

We are going horde tho ^^
But the US part is a bit of a dealbreaker :P
Treck

Postby Shoju » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:06 am

Treck wrote:
Shoju wrote:It is a shame that I'm horde, and Treck is Alliance, and that you're EU, and I'm US.

Yeah :(

Oh well.
Shoju

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Shoju wrote:
Treck wrote:

Yeah :(

Oh well.

Time to get that second account that you never knew you wanted :P.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Dion » Fri May 11, 2012 4:09 am

It seems that there is another contest coming soon. On May 12 6pm CEST (4PM GMT) there is another run but this time it's between four guilds: Blood Legion, Exorsus, Paragon and Stars. Announcement doesn't tell is it 10 man or 25 run though. Blizzards announcement. I think earlier announcements would be good, now these things pops with little warnings.
Dion

Postby Treck » Fri May 11, 2012 4:15 am

That was the problem with the last run, and this one is no different.
Notifying the day before is so useless.
Im pretty sure its 25man btw, I think its without the buff aswell, but there is really so little information going around.
But this time the guilds only do it for the money involved, as they declined the first run cuz there was nothing in it for them.
Treck

Postby Dion » Fri May 11, 2012 5:35 am

Treck wrote:That was the problem with the last run, and this one is no different.
Notifying the day before is so useless.

Yeah, day before the event is way too short notice. As it seems Athene is serious enough to finance those events (rewards come from his pocket, or atleast so I understood) so it seems so odd that event is announced so late. Shame really.
Treck wrote:But this time the guilds only do it for the money involved, as they declined the first run cuz there was nothing in it for them.

While you sure do know more about last events and whole planning behind it, I think very few guilds do fun things/events without getting anything from them. And I'm not completely sure if it's a bad thing to make some money while gathering even more money for charity. But worry not, Methods victory by 3 seconds and THE MOST important part of it: Your inventory which had total of 7 free slots, will be remembered! :D
Dion

Postby Treck » Fri May 11, 2012 5:58 am

Dion wrote:Yeah, day before the event is way too short notice. As it seems Athene is serious enough to finance those events (rewards come from his pocket, or atleast so I understood) so it seems so odd that event is announced so late. Shame really.

Theres not really much to finance, or wasnt in our run atleast.
He already streams 24/7 so that was just to get it to work.
The event itself was kinda halfassed aswell, could have been much better planned.
Now if the pricemoney in this second race comes from his own pocket then sure, problem is that that was more than we gathered for charity in our run, so where that money is coming from I have no idea.

Dion wrote:While you sure do know more about last events and whole planning behind it, I think very few guilds do fun things/events without getting anything from them. And I'm not completely sure if it's a bad thing to make some money while gathering even more money for charity.

We did it cuz we thought it would be a fun thing to spice farm up a bit as its just boring faceroll stuff you do once a week.
A few in the guild gained a bit from stream revenue, but its still not much anyway.
Streamers gain a lot of viewers they wouldnt have otherwise tho on these events, so more people following them.
For us that promotion was enough to make us willing to do it, and sure all guilds are different but I really cant understand why any top guild would turn down the challenge.

Dion wrote:But worry not, Methods victory by 3 seconds and THE MOST important part of it: Your inventory which had total of 7 free slots, will be remembered! :D

Still only have 7 free slots :P
Altho I think in reality it was more than 3 seconds due to stream lag, and I hope they will handle that better next time.
Since the only thing that went through my head when we killed deathwing while watching the stream was who actually won, as streams are always delayed and sometimes some more than others, there was quite some forum posts on MMO champ about people saying vodka actually won etc, and Id like if they would do it professionally to stop the roumors.
Treck

Postby Fetzie » Fri May 11, 2012 8:23 am

Perhaps if the player streaming had a clock in the corner of their stream, then it wouldn't matter if one stream had a 15 second buffer time and the other had 30 (for example).
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri May 11, 2012 8:41 am

They should post combat logs as well, imo.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Fri May 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Pyrea wrote:Perhaps if the player streaming had a clock in the corner of their stream, then it wouldn't matter if one stream had a 15 second buffer time and the other had 30 (for example).

We were planning to, but when Athene started the countdown we went from laughing around getting foodbuffs to "ok were going in 5..2.1 now", So our streamers (me included) simply forgot and just jumped on it instead.
I guess something like that is going to be required for them atleast, that way they can check instantly on the stream if a stream is slightly anotherone aswell.

Combat logs were posted, and thats from where people gathered information of who killed the bosses first.
But there was a lot of misinformation about them, since some people read that as that Vodka won, some read we won with a sec, some 3sec and some 1min.
Treck

Previous

Return to General