Skip to content
Maintankadin

A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

tlitp
Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

KysenMurrin wrote:Melee crit: 0.01%
Spell crit: 5.57%

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mx0g ... etails/33/

1. 147 glancing blows from 2565 autoattacks; the 95% CI is [0.0489,0.067], which includes the expected value (6%). In other words, GBs work as they do on live.
2. After some hardcore(-ish) log filtering, taking care of the two relevant debuffs (phys.vuln, weak.armor), I confirm that GBs (on a same-level target) work as they do on live, damage-wise. The damage range is still 90-99%, averaging at 95%.
3. 37 J crits from 555 casts; the 95% CI is [0.0485,0.0907]. The expected spell crit (5.57%) is within it, but the expected physical crit is well outside it. That settles it, J (and AS, most likely) follows both spell hit and spell crit.
theckhd
Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

What build are we on right now, by the way?
benebarba
Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:08 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

theckhd wrote:What build are we on right now, by the way?


15589 is what was showing up for me in version.
KysenMurrin
Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:35 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Just realised I didn't give all the numbers requested - character sheet weapon damage was 103-143, attack power 589.
benebarba
Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:08 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

I'm pinging a hunter guildie just in case on the pet/beast question. Another option may be to see if you can get in touch with someone from say WHU (like frostheim) to see if he's already mined the base armor data.
tlitp
Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:28 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Hammer of Wrath is usable by Protection, starting from b15640. Before designing any test, I'd like to know if execute-type abilities (i.e. HoW) can be used on the boss-level dummies at all. If yes, testing HoW will be very straightforward. If not, we'll be forced to improvise.
lakhesis
Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:42 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Not absolutely 100%, but 95% sure we can't. All the main city boss dummys I know of have 750 million HP at present, all the non-boss level dummies I know of have 1 (level 85s I saw prior to crashing) or 2 hp (the level 60s I was standing by).
KysenMurrin
Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:49 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Don't think I've seen a dummy reach low health since WotLK (it used to be not too difficult to take them down and keep them at 1HP).
tlitp
Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

It would have been too easy. Bleh. Anyway, the issues that must be addressed are :
1. Is HoW still a (ranged) physical attack ?
2. Can it be parried in 5.x ?

It seems like a good idea to tackle #2 first. If the answer is affirmative, then the first test becomes redundant. However, testing #2 is a royal pain in the arse. I think (i.e. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone comes up with a better design) that the best bet would be to duel a Blood DK.

Requirements :
1. A Ret Paladin. Must have the Sanctified Wrath talent. Must have 0 hit/exp; equipping Holy-oriented gear with a lot of haste would be excellent.
2. A Blood DK. Must have Rune of Swordshattering as runeforging option. Must use a tanking-oriented gear with a lot of Parry (preferably closer to 20% before RoS).

The methodology, step-by-step :
1. Find an isolated area/spot to reduce the noise from the CL and to avoid lagging.
2. Ask the DK the current value of Parry (character panel).
3. Initiate the duel (stay at distance, HoW will be the only source of damage).
4. The Paladin casts Avenging Wrath, then keeps queuing HoW GCD after GCD..
5. The DK casts Dancing Rune Weapon immediately after AW.
6. DRW ends.
7. The Paladin stops casting HoW, duel ends.
8. Upload the CL, report DK's Parry (pre-DRW).
Rhiannon
Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:29 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Unless they've changed their behaviour in beta, the level 80 melee targets at the Argent Tournament grounds should still allow you to test execute range abilities. If someone has a 77ish paladin they ought to be able to test #2 fairly quickly.
benebarba
Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

What's the status on required tests/datamining from the first page?
theckhd
Fri May 11, 2012 9:54 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Everything still listed is still needed, though #1 is basically waiting on level 90 since there's no level 88-92 dummies to work with.
benebarba
Sat May 19, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

For the tests which are looking to see if an ability can trigger an enchant (such as 5 & 21) - would an older enchant such as landslide work? (I haven't logged into the beta recently to see what the new enchants are going for - I assume absurd amounts).
theckhd
Sun May 20, 2012 6:06 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

No, unless otherwise specified, it needs to be the new enchant. If you're on Lost Isles though, I can arrange to log on and either give you the cash you need (I transferred about a million gold over) or grind enchanting up until I can perform the enchant myself.
benebarba
Sun May 20, 2012 8:31 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

theckhd wrote:No, unless otherwise specified, it needs to be the new enchant. If you're on Lost Isles though, I can arrange to log on and either give you the cash you need (I transferred about a million gold over) or grind enchanting up until I can perform the enchant myself.


I am, just haven't been on in a long while so don't think I have a weapon of sufficiently high level to be able to apply the enchant to (unless the lower bound goes down to 378), since I haven't leveled my character at all.
benebarba
Sun May 20, 2012 10:02 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

yeah... on lost isles as of this morning, the enchants for the enchant proc tests were in the AH for 58-60 K a pop.
Skye1013
Sun May 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

If they haven't fixed it... there is a bug with vendoring stacks of items that gives you the stack price for each individual item. Use at your own risk (I think it caps at a max of 300g, which is what a stack of Elemental Flux will give you.)
theckhd
Mon May 21, 2012 5:02 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

benebarba wrote:yeah... on lost isles as of this morning, the enchants for the enchant proc tests were in the AH for 58-60 K a pop.

That's not a problem at all. If your character name on beta is the same as on live, I'll just mail it to you.
benebarba
Mon May 21, 2012 7:10 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

theckhd wrote:
benebarba wrote:yeah... on lost isles as of this morning, the enchants for the enchant proc tests were in the AH for 58-60 K a pop.

That's not a problem at all. If your character name on beta is the same as on live, I'll just mail it to you.


Yep - bene is the only one I copied over. I can try to hop on this evening to see where things are at. If I can't enchant a weapon at the moment (say ilvl limit), I can hold em until someone (or I) can.
benebarba
Tue May 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Test #3:
(Colossus)
AP/SP: 7571/3786, no glyphs affecting abilities (2 pc T-13 bonus bubble though), SoT. lvl 85
dummy level (60 primary)
Ranged test: no procs observed in ~9 mins worth of casting (J, Cons and AS on cooldown - AS hit 2 other dummies, though)
Melee cast test (CS, SotR as available): no procs in ~7 mins worth of casts
I then went and Autoattacked the target for ~2 mins. I saw no procs then either. So I tried a raid dummy from behind for ~3 mins and saw no procs either.

I'm not going to over-write the enchant or try any other similar proc tests until I can get this part sorted out. Any ideas what could be happening? I enchanted an ilvl 378 weapon with the enchant (yeah, I checked to make sure).
benebarba
Tue May 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Mastery SoTR/BoG check: stripped off all my gear and took a weapon with no mastery, ended up with a 9.60% mastery according to my character sheet. the damage done by SoTR in the tooltip and buff definitely decreased from my full gear set, as did the BoG stacking buff amount.

9.6% mastery naked w/dalaran sword: SoTR: 860 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 19% (single stack)
31.47% mastery (full gearset with Gavel of Paroth'arn): SoTR: 4644 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 41% single stack.
30.87% mastery (full gearset with dalaran sword): SoTR: 4456 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 40% single stack.

I tested the BoG at 5 stacks, definitely got the advertised boost to WoG, and SoTR definitely had the advertised damage.

this and the above post are from beta build 15699 (current as of posting)
benebarba
Tue May 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

OK, for some reason my combat log file isn't being written anymore, even if I place an empty file in the Logs directory and issue the /combatlog command... anyone ever have that happen? I previously moved the file to rename it for one test. Moving it back doesn't seem to help.

edited to add: problem fixed. echo -n > WoWCombatLog.txt rather than touching to create a blank file on my mac seemed to work fine.

Now, to AFK while melee'ing
benebarba
Tue May 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

Melee'd a lvl 80 training dummy from behind for about 45 mins with the gavel with Colossus on it - not a single proc in the logs. I swapped to my gurth with landslide and saw a proc within a few seconds - so I'm thinking there's something up with the new enchant.
theckhd
Wed May 23, 2012 5:00 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

benebarba wrote:Mastery SoTR/BoG check: stripped off all my gear and took a weapon with no mastery, ended up with a 9.60% mastery according to my character sheet. the damage done by SoTR in the tooltip and buff definitely decreased from my full gear set, as did the BoG stacking buff amount.

9.6% mastery naked w/dalaran sword: SoTR: 860 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 19% (single stack)
31.47% mastery (full gearset with Gavel of Paroth'arn): SoTR: 4644 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 41% single stack.
30.87% mastery (full gearset with dalaran sword): SoTR: 4456 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 40% single stack.

I tested the BoG at 5 stacks, definitely got the advertised boost to WoG, and SoTR definitely had the advertised damage.

this and the above post are from beta build 15699 (current as of posting)


This confirms that one point of mastery gives 1.2% "stuff" (BoG stacks), but it doesn't tell us much about SotR damage because I assume your AP/SP changed going from one gear set to another?

Easiest way to test is to use SotR with full gear on but with two mastery trinkets. Then take off both trinkets, which should not affect your AP/SP, and test the damage again. If it changes, mastery affects the damage. Report AP/SP/Mastery/damage (before and after)
benebarba
Wed May 23, 2012 5:04 am

Re: A Call to Arms - MoP Mechanics Testing

theckhd wrote:
benebarba wrote:Mastery SoTR/BoG check: stripped off all my gear and took a weapon with no mastery, ended up with a 9.60% mastery according to my character sheet. the damage done by SoTR in the tooltip and buff definitely decreased from my full gear set, as did the BoG stacking buff amount.

9.6% mastery naked w/dalaran sword: SoTR: 860 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 19% (single stack)
31.47% mastery (full gearset with Gavel of Paroth'arn): SoTR: 4644 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 41% single stack.
30.87% mastery (full gearset with dalaran sword): SoTR: 4456 holy damage, 30% physical DR, BoG - 40% single stack.

I tested the BoG at 5 stacks, definitely got the advertised boost to WoG, and SoTR definitely had the advertised damage.

this and the above post are from beta build 15699 (current as of posting)


This confirms that one point of mastery gives 1.2% "stuff" (BoG stacks), but it doesn't tell us much about SotR damage because I assume your AP/SP changed going from one gear set to another?

Easiest way to test is to use SotR with full gear on but with two mastery trinkets. Then take off both trinkets, which should not affect your AP/SP, and test the damage again. If it changes, mastery affects the damage. Report AP/SP/Mastery/damage (before and after)


yeah, sorry - I just kind of tossed this little test in there, I didn't isolate it very well (AP definitely changed). I can do another check easily enough today.