Remove Advertisements

Struggling with non-heroic Mana-Tombs and Auch Crypts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Metrodin » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:48 pm

I find HoT healers more reliable for mana generation myself.

You get mana in small but constant chunks rather than one big burst, and you dont need to worry as much about losing mana to overheals.

My favourite healer combo so far has been a Resto Druid with a SP. Stupidly high HPS with relatively little overhealing and bonus mana regen.
Metrodin

Postby Lalecize » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:28 pm

Why are you afraid of crypts?

Most people seem rather scared...especially the fact that for every mob you get another one spawn.

A priest in my guild was running it with warriors and druids and said the place was damn near impossible. He said he couldn't wait for me to level and give it a go :D

Its a perfect pallytanking instance, we can hold aggro on all the spawns, and mash our exorcism on the first boss and the skeletons. I nuked it one shot with the priest. Needless to say he has been preaching ever since about pallytanks being the best in 5 mans.

My advice is to use ur stun on the nasty mobs in the packs. Arcane Torrent rocks here if your a BE.

The first boss is a pain if people dont understand him. Tank him up the top and use ur exorcism for threat. Pop your fire resistance aura to make that aoe less nasty, and take some pots incase the healer gets behind. Hunters rock here, especially marks ones, as the pets die in the aoe.

For the skeletons that drop aggro you can exorcism them to get them back or RD. I alternate and mostly keep them all on me. Its only the blue ones that drop aggro.

For the last room full of skeletons.....its your reward after a good fight.

Run in there and take em 2 sets at a time and watch your screen fill with numbers!
Lalecize

Postby Exodius » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:33 am

Lalecize wrote:Why are you afraid of crypts?

I personally am not afraid of Crypts. It's just that with the majority of groups I am in, they cannot understand how to do a moving fight. If you see the ground under you glow red, you move. Stop casting whatever 1337 spell it is, and move, or you die. I don't care if you are 19 seconds into a 20 second super crit pyroblast, you move. No matter how I emphasis it, people still don't get it. :(

It's also a pain to tank. If there is a melee dps in the group then the tank needs to watch not just themselves but others as well. They can then proceed to either run away from the healer and be out of range. Or they can move closer to the healer - and stack the debuff so high it makes anything but HoTs unusable - and depending on the healing class (paladin, shaman) can make them near useless.

Crypts is not impossible. But the fact that most people cannot understand the concept of a moving fight makes it much, much more harder than it needs to be.

And that's just the first boss. The rest of the instance is crap too. :(
Exodius

Postby Lalecize » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:30 pm

You cant tell me you dont like the last room full of skellys that you scoop up and watch your screen full of numbers...

Maybe its just me, but crypts is second to SH in pally heaven.

The fact it we can tank it so much better than the other tanks.
This is probably another reason I enjoy it...the happy looks on groups faces.
Lalecize

Postby Exodius » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:12 am

Lalecize wrote:You cant tell me you dont like the last room full of skellys that you scoop up and watch your screen full of numbers...

Maybe its just me, but crypts is second to SH in pally heaven.

The fact it we can tank it so much better than the other tanks.
This is probably another reason I enjoy it...the happy looks on groups faces.

Yes, the last room fo skeletons is nice, but you have to get through the first boss to get there. Most groups just can't get there.

Also, the bonus adds spawned can destroy a group. A hunter type out of range of consercrate can viper sting the healer and wipe the group. Less so with a mage type, but they still can be a pain to bring to melee range. Also a priest type can just keep healing an elite forever if you don't notice them, even if they are in melee range. And if you move your consercate, you might just pick up another neutral elite for your efforts. Whoopie. :?

Yeah, the last room is great. The rest is crap.

Most pugs just can't handle crap wipes. Even most good players can't handle it either. The instance is full of crap wipes. Missing an angry orb on the bridge and having someone thrown off means having the whole group wait 5 minutes for that person to corpse run. No res, no SS, no wipe recovery, they must corpse run because they missed a spawn and were at the wrong angle and too close to it.

Sure, that's funny the first time. Maybe even the second. But waiting 10 minutes for people to do pointless corpse runs or having someone get thrown just as the boss pulls - how can you call that paladin heaven?

It's all crap if you ask me. :cry:
Exodius

Postby Corynthia » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:25 pm

You know, for the bridge, we just never fight the trash on it and run through aftewards. I've healed and tanked Auch a few more times since I first posted this thread, and I find it easy now. The fight really just requires that you keep moving. Whatever class I play, I never stay still for long and I keep away from everyone else. The only thing that ever botehred me about Auch Crypts was the first boss.
Corynthia

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics