Kara Prep.

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kara Prep.

Postby Uthadanin » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:44 pm

My guild (of which i'm the unnoficial raid leader (b/c were not a "raiding guild)) lol. Is thinking of stepping foot inside of Kara this weekend just to get a taste of it. I have a few ppl that used to be in our guild that left for a Kara raiding guild coming to help out...

Basically the group looks something like

Prot Warrior (uncrit, uncrush and ~13.4k unbuffed health)
Feral Druid (uncrit, 13k unbuffed health)
Affliction Lock *has a fire mage 70 as well*
Frost Mage
Dps spec'd warrior x2
Rogue
--------

Healing via 3 holy pallies
1 all epics/ kara gear +1700 healing
1 all epics +1500 healing *has an all epic hunter*
Me fresh 70, ~1000healing bonus.

Should I spec ret for added dps (kinda a pvp holy/ret hybrid), or should I ask the holy pally to DPS from his hunter and have his pally on standby.

Are we lacking in dps? healing. etc
Uthadanin

Postby Palladia » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:57 pm

A bit too much melee DPS, but if they know their stuff it will be fine, but what are your Retribution stats? If you have around 1500AP and 25% crit unbuffed I'd say u DPS, but still if it's first time maybe you should use the best Healers and Tanks you have available, DPS won't be a problem.
Palladia

Postby Uthadanin » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:17 am

Palladia wrote:A bit too much melee DPS, but if they know their stuff it will be fine, but what are your Retribution stats? If you have around 1500AP and 25% crit unbuffed I'd say u DPS, but still if it's first time maybe you should use the best Healers and Tanks you have available, DPS won't be a problem.

Me ret... hah..... Been prot for 70 levels with the occasional day or two holy (will be holy for a while until the guild priests/ resto druids finally reach 70)... I was just thinking that me as a third healer would be overkill, not to mention my + heal being so low even though its my only full rare gear set right now.
Uthadanin

Postby Palladia » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:30 am

Uthadanin wrote:
Palladia wrote:A bit too much melee DPS, but if they know their stuff it will be fine, but what are your Retribution stats? If you have around 1500AP and 25% crit unbuffed I'd say u DPS, but still if it's first time maybe you should use the best Healers and Tanks you have available, DPS won't be a problem.

Me ret... hah..... Been prot for 70 levels with the occasional day or two holy (will be holy for a while until the guild priests/ resto druids finally reach 70)... I was just thinking that me as a third healer would be overkill, not to mention my + heal being so low even though its my only full rare gear set right now.

Spec Ret or Holy and bring both gears with you, problem solved :P
Palladia

Postby Uthadanin » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:32 am

Palladia wrote:
Uthadanin wrote:

By both gear, you mean my prot set (with a 2h weapon, or +spell damage via shockadin style) and my healing set.
Uthadanin

Postby Palladia » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:15 am

Uthadanin wrote:
Palladia wrote:
Uthadanin wrote:

By both gear, you mean my prot set (with a 2h weapon, or +spell damage via shockadin style) and my healing set.

Whatever set you have for Damage and whatever set you have for healing ;p
Palladia

Postby Boudi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:51 am

i'd say you'lll notice a priest comes in handy, be it shadow, disc or holy. A priest is lovely thing to have around in kara.
Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Boudi

Postby Uthadanin » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:11 am

Boudi wrote:i'd say you'lll notice a priest comes in handy, be it shadow, disc or holy. A priest is lovely thing to have around in kara.

That's all fine and dandy but my priest is some 50 levels shy of Kara, and our server is seriously lacking of many decent priests that I have run across, especially any looking for guild. Our guilds highest priest is 42.

Another note b/c my server is still young, there aren't many guilds that are past kara, everyonce in a while i'll see someone on my friends list in SSC. Only guild to do a lot of progression is on the horde side.
Uthadanin

Postby Wakeman » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:54 am

I would suggest you stay Holy.

2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dpsers is the best combination for a beginner raid.

Though, without a priest or hunter, you guys will have a hard time on Moroes.
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Return to Karazhan