[10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Warmaster Blackhorn

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Twilight barrage? It's always been fifteen seconds as far as I've ever noticed.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:35 pm

yes it has always been 15 seconds. it also says so in every guide I've read from the beginning of 4.3 on. And it still has been 15 seconds last Sunday when we tried this.

the "fire bug" although is know. check out some of the previous posts, it has been described there pretty well and has also been present from the first ID til now.
Schroom

Postby Era » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:00 am

Can't say I noticed any differences; we've been consistently getting this guy down for a few weeks now and we didn't face any more trouble than usual. There was quite a bit of fire during our P2 transition, but I just figured it was due to a badly handled P1.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Belloc » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:27 am

Our raiders were describing the fire as "out of control" when we did the fight last week. On our last attempt, there was, as far as I can remember, no fire remaining on the ship.

In other words: random fire is random. Personally, I suspect it has more to do with how quickly you trigger the fire spawns.
Last edited by Belloc on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belloc

Postby jekoh » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:The Tuesday mini-patch appears to have royally screwed this fight over.

The same for us we never had so much fire than this week, fire completely out of control and stay active in last phase for so long time. During a try we lost some people during the last phase because of lack of space without fire and so we hit the boss enrage and we always had fire on the deck ... We finally got it in a clear try once we have concluded that it was more buggy than before with the fire and that it was absolutely necessary to walk in fire to despawn it when the fireman drop water on it otherwise it expands continuously
jekoh

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed May 02, 2012 7:54 pm

With the 20% debuff, the fight was a bit easier, so maybe the fire did have just a random spread rate.

We did still have one pull with mega-fire, but on our next pull and kill we managed to absorb enough barrages so that fire#2 spawned as the last of fire#1 was extinguished. I think fire#3 did actually spawn as we started ph2, but we got him :)

One of our dps died as fire#2 spawned and we ressed him, but another dps died after Gorionna flew off. The resulting kill down a dps was jsut before enrage, but a kill is a kill.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)