Remove Advertisements

Profession bonuses

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Profession bonuses

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Yelena wrote:Considering how many people sat on tons upon tons of Pyrite, just waiting to be able to prospect it when epic gems went in, the way epic gems were handled in 4.3 was basically Blizzard slapping those people on the wrist.

I may or may not have had over two bank tabs completely filled with Pyrite. So yeah, not rebalancing things aside, I was a little pissed.

Whatever, I predicted that repeatedly over the course of 4.0. Pyrite was prospectable from the beginning, thus there was no way they were just going to throw epic gems into it.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:37 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Yelena wrote:Considering how many people sat on tons upon tons of Pyrite, just waiting to be able to prospect it when epic gems went in, the way epic gems were handled in 4.3 was basically Blizzard slapping those people on the wrist.

I may or may not have had over two bank tabs completely filled with Pyrite. So yeah, not rebalancing things aside, I was a little pissed.

Whatever, I predicted that repeatedly over the course of 4.0. Pyrite was prospectable from the beginning, thus there was no way they were just going to throw epic gems into it.

Thus setting the stage for another round of endless speculation regarding the source of epic gems in Panda, since they have been raid-drops twice, and mineable once.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:28 pm

heres hoping for at least transmutable again

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:18 pm

halabar wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Thus setting the stage for another round of endless speculation regarding the source of epic gems in Panda, since they have been raid-drops twice, and mineable once.

If the rare mineral in Cataclysm is prospectable from the beginning of the expansion, then it won't ever drop epic gems.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby bldavis » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:13 pm

was titanium prospectable at the beginning of wrath?

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Archeth » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:56 pm

No, prospecting of titanium was added with 3.2 with epic gems.
Archeth

Postby bldavis » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:10 pm

Archeth wrote:No, prospecting of titanium was added with 3.2 with epic gems.

ah ok
i didnt level JC until after that

bldavis

Postby lakhesis » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:16 pm

I'm slightly curious to see if the boosted secondaries actually manages to boost the (non-tank) demand for non-reds.

Can't even start to debate the appropriate epic gem distribution strat until we've worked out whether they've fixed the colour distribution yet ;)
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Postby Ironshield » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:55 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I kinda wish they'd put epic gems in from the start instead of dropping them on us in the last patch. They could make them very rare raid only stuff in the first tier, than gradually increase accessibility (though maybe time and additional raid tiers would do that naturally).

The past handling hasn't seemed to work that well, with WotLK being patch day -> upgrade everything, and Cata having them a little too rare and unpredictable in the last tier, so you're actually finished with most of the content by the time you get all of your gems upgraded.

If they did this I foresee epic QQ over having to run old content for gems. Do you really want to have to farm BoT, BWD, TotFW and FL every week to gem the new DS gear? (Obviously replace with appropriate MoP equivalents)
Ironshield

Postby halabar » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:19 am

Gems need to come from ore. Any other source leads to glitching like we see now, and adds another rng factor to gearing.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:55 am

halabar wrote:Gems need to come from ore. Any other source leads to glitching like we see now, and adds another rng factor to gearing.

as much as i hate bots and the fact this will lead to more and more of them
i agree

make them super rare and just increasingly more common as you go through tiers
and only from the top end ore
(plus a cheap transmute w/o cd for those bars)
ie saronite -> titanium is 8:1 and no cd

plus you could bring back the dust
i would actually go mine for stuff again if i got dust i could turn in for more tokens

bldavis

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta