Visiting Paris (and surrounding area) - Need suggestions

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Visiting Paris (and surrounding area) - Need suggestions

Postby Aubade » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:52 pm

THE LOUVRE. DEAR GOD THE LOUVRE. AND TAKE PICTURES OF EVERYTHING SO I CAN LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOU. I WANNA SEE THE LOUVRE SO FUCKING BAD.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Era » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:07 am

Was in Paris quite some years ago, think it was during the summer of 2001. Visited the Arc, the Eiffel tower, Versailles, Notre Dame and of course shopping in Champs-Élysées! :wink: Also went to Disney Land with my little sister - but unfortunately we didn't go to the Louvre. It was an extraordinarily warm summer, and the queue was just insane.

The Arc was fine, you know, you walk up to it, look around, take some pictures - maybe go inside and upstairs then leave. Same goes for the Eiffel tower; you have a look, walk around some and then leave.

I think the most memorable places was the Versailles palace and the palace gardens, and Notre Dame, and I imagine Louvre would've been pretty good as well. Personally I didn't really care for Disney Land, but I've never been a theme park person - My little sister was overjoyed, though, and that was of course the point of visiting it in the first place. :roll:

Visiting the Bastille might be worthwhile too. I also remember enjoying evening walks along the Seine, if you're bringing a partner and are into things like that - or honey-glazed chocolate-filled croissants for breakfast in the Buttes-Chaumont park (beautiful park, or at least it was when I visited). :wink:

Haven't been to France since, and would love to go back.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Cogglamp » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:01 am

The only thing I will say about the Louvre is to look at what is being displayed and pick 2-3 wings. Do not try to see it all because it's just so big and you will inevitably become numb to it all.
Cogglamp

Postby Era » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:38 am

Cogglamp wrote:The only thing I will say about the Louvre is to look at what is being displayed and pick 2-3 wings. Do not try to see it all because it's just so big and you will inevitably become numb to it all.

I definitely agree with this; even though I've never been to the Louvre. It's just general good museum advice - Go back another day if you want to see it all and get a proper experience.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum