New things you've noticed

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: New things you've noticed

Postby rodos » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Qeeze wrote:As players get to level 87 we get to see how the new Druid spell Symbiosis works out. So far it looks interesting. Naturally though it looks like Holy & Ret Paladins will be unlikely to get it in a raid as it's probably going to be used on tanks.

Holy get Rebirth, which is supremely useful in a 10-man raid where you can only use one combat res.

I guess it's useful if your only combat res is a guardian tank and the fight offers no opportunity to shift out of bear and cast it. Oh, here's a question. If the druid casting symbiosis dies, do you keep the ability for the rest of the fight? If so you could use it to bring back a tree that died.
rodos

Postby Taeron » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:50 pm

rodos wrote:
Qeeze wrote:As players get to level 87 we get to see how the new Druid spell Symbiosis works out. So far it looks interesting. Naturally though it looks like Holy & Ret Paladins will be unlikely to get it in a raid as it's probably going to be used on tanks.

Holy get Rebirth, which is supremely useful in a 10-man raid where you can only use one combat res.

I guess it's useful if your only combat res is a guardian tank and the fight offers no opportunity to shift out of bear and cast it. Oh, here's a question. If the druid casting symbiosis dies, do you keep the ability for the rest of the fight? If so you could use it to bring back a tree that died.

Better yet, can you bring in a class you don't have in your raid, symbiosys him and get the druid with an extra skill while that char stays out of the instance? :)
Taeron

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:37 pm

The buff disappears if the two characters are significantly distant, I would believe zoning out counts as distant.

Also the skill description states it persists through death, so if the druid dies you keep the ability.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby rodos » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:49 am

Worldie wrote:The buff disappears if the two characters are significantly distant, I would believe zoning out counts as distant.

Also the skill description states it persists through death, so if the druid dies you keep the ability.

That makes it slightly less useless to cast on a holy paladin then. Especially if the druid is a tank and there's no other brez in the raid.

As it currently stands, a few classes gain abilities from the druid that seem to be either useless or extremely situational. Giving Mage and Warlock a heal is odd. Probably a lot more fun and useful in Scenarios or PvP than raids. Could lead to some use if a group finds themselves needing "two-and-a-half" healers for some fights, I guess.
rodos

Postby djlar » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:41 pm

ROFL they gave rogues Growl... kind of was time to get a taunt but this way?
djlar

Postby Yelena » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:38 pm

I thought their ridiculous CC chains + double Smokebomb was enough of a "taunt".
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby rodos » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:33 pm

djlar wrote:ROFL they gave rogues Growl... kind of was time to get a taunt but this way?

This is one of those ones that so situational that you'll probably never be able to use it. Taunt and evasion tank could save a wipe in some cases, but you're never going to anticipate or expect it enough to have the druid put symbiosis on the rogue beforehand.

Maybe you could use it in a single-tank Madness strat so that the rogue can grab a Terror with growl and kite it with sprint or evasion/cloak tank it.
rodos

Postby Jezakael » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:57 am

Please note that the Growl that rogues get from Symbiosis isn't just a taunt. It is also a 30 second armor buff. Of course it is still very situational but one could use it to tank for quite a while chaining Growl armor buff + Evasion + Combat Readiness I guess.
Jezakael

Postby NoGoal » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:09 am

It has a 3s duration with 3 mins cd. You won't be able to tank for a while.

It's extremely situational, especially when you consider counterpart druid gets. That's the point of this ability so it's all good.
NoGoal

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:14 am

Jezakael wrote:Please note that the Growl that rogues get from Symbiosis isn't just a taunt. It is also a 30 second armor buff. Of course it is still very situational but one could use it to tank for quite a while chaining Growl armor buff + Evasion + Combat Readiness I guess.

if that armor buff is in thesame range as the druid bearforms buff, it could actually be a very strong temporary OT ability, I'd say. In any situation where it's viable now for a dps feral to tank in bear form, a rogue could do thesame. (spine loose amalgamation, madness final platform add etc)
highly situational, but definately not useless.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:15 am

NoGoal wrote:It has a 3s duration with 3 mins cd. You won't be able to tank for a while.

It's extremely situational, especially when you consider counterpart druid gets. That's the point of this ability so it's all good.

meh.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Jezakael » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:24 am

The taunt (or merely the fixate?) has a 3 seconds duration. The armor buff lasts for 30 seconds per tooltip. Also compared to the lvl 90 talent Heart of the Wild which serves a similar purpose for feral druids the 3 min CD is even short.
Jezakael

Postby djlar » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:59 am

Totally loving shadowstepping a friendly, I could use that on Madness to move from limb to corruption in a blink of an eye without falling off (will certainly target the tank)
djlar

Postby benebarba » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:29 pm

am I alone in wondering what's up with the defensive stats (or at least their display)?

I copied over my main, who on live has something like 14.52%/15.66%/65.92% D/P/B, and on the current beta build when I spec'd prot, I was at like 6.56%/16.33%/62.02% D/P/B. Did the dodge stat conversion get a lot more steep? Or is the display just not working?

edited to add:
just did a quick check by letting myself get beat on by a melee only lvl 85 mob in Mt. Hyjal, and yeah, looks like those displayed numbers are about right (well except for how the block percent doesn't really mean what you'd think it does because of the 2 roll system):
133 attacks, 62 hits, 32 blocks, 1 absorb (judgement bubble since I used that to start combat), 8 dodges, 4 misses, 19 parries. So 46.6% hit, 29.3% blocked, 14.3% parried, 6% dodged, .8% absorbed, 3% missed.

Squishy.

edited again: copied to tank thread, disregard.
benebarba

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:09 am

Holy shit... Scarlet Monastery is 2 dungeons instead of 4.

Scarlet Monastery (GY/Cathedral)
Scarlet Halls (Lib/Armory)

Edit: On top of that... it's apparently not dropping loot atm (or at least Thalnos didn't, and the Journal doesn't show any loot for them.)
Edit2: They're also on the MoP tab of the DJ... with possible heroic versions incoming? (Scholo is there too...)
Edit3: Ok, apparently I just missed the memo
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta