Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Post your Frustrations.

Postby iliya » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:28 pm

Serving as a creative opposite thread for the successes, I say we let this thread be about your tankadin gripes/emos/tantrums and what not, to let it out. Allow me to start:

I've been part of over many a Nightbane kill, and not once has he dropped that blasted shield, but that's not the worst of it.

The other pally tank and the two Warrior tanks in my guild already have it or better.

Not long ago, a run I had to cancel for had the shield drop and the MT of that raid already had the Aldori Legacy Defender... not only could they not DE it, they VENDORED IT!

And, tonight, when we were supposed to hit Gruul's, but several of our DPS had to cancel, so, we went into two kara groups to see who could get the farthest the fastest.

And you guessed it, not only did it NOT drop for me, but it dropped for him again, and they gave it to a DPS warrior that will never spec protection!! ( granted, he will use it for OTing, but I'm still very frustrated.)

I am a sad and angry panda at the same time, possibly doomed to be eternally stuck with the Crest of the Sha'tar.
Last edited by Worldie on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: stickyd
Iliya - Vek'Nilash: Retired
iliya

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby lusisia » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:42 pm

iliya wrote:Serving as a creative opposite thread for the successes, I say we let this thread be about your tankadin gripes/emos/tantrums and what not, to let it out. Allow me to start:

I've been part of over many a Nightbane kill, and not once has he dropped that blasted shield, but that's not the worst of it.

The other pally tank and the two Warrior tanks in my guild already have it or better.

Not long ago, a run I had to cancel for had the shield drop and the MT of that raid already had the Aldori Legacy Defender... not only could they not DE it, they VENDORED IT!

And, tonight, when we were supposed to hit Gruul's, but several of our DPS had to cancel, so, we went into two kara groups to see who could get the farthest the fastest.

And you guessed it, not only did it NOT drop for me, but it dropped for him again, and they gave it to a DPS warrior that will never spec protection!! ( granted, he will use it for OTing, but I'm still very frustrated.)

I am a sad and angry panda at the same time, possibly doomed to be eternally stuck with the Crest of the Sha'tar.

Spend a few weeks in arena and pick up MGSW. It's a sideways step from Gruul's IMO. You will still want the NB shield 1) because it looks frackin cool and 2) it makes a good BV shield but you'll probably end up using MGSW for a while. I love mine.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Mortehl » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:43 pm

Alliance is retarded and requires severe screaming at in AV (which I now have macrod (ctrl t - I'm going to RH, come help, ctrl y - I'm tanking healers, you know, heal please? ctrl u DONT FEAR THE GODAMNED DOGS YOU RETARD! ctrl h Thank you for Flying Palitank Airways. Your complimentary AV victory is now complete.)

And yes to complete the thought it frustrates me that I need to hand hold so much.
Last edited by Mortehl on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Atreidies » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:10 pm

I've been in line for the last 3 pieces of t6 prot set I need, don't want helm, for a few weeks now and recruit after recruit keep ninja'ing it even though the officers generally 1) defer loot to members and 2) generally defer tanking upgrades to me over other offspecs even though I'm holy 70% of the time.

I finally picked up the legs tonight making it my 7th t6 item, but only 2/5 prot set, the 2pc is nice, but I'm still really really looking forward to 10% consecration damage =[
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Rehlachs- » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:13 am

some of the rogues in my raid are probably the worst rogues all over the world.
being outdamaged by me (tanking..) at kargath heroic or our beast masters' pets in mh might be worse enough, but they also lack any sense of movement and take every chance to die in a rain of fire or cleaves.

at least I get blamed for this rogue-dps thing.. "there is no sunder armor on the mobs tanked by the paladin! we can't dps there". yeah, that would explain your 700 dps, being fully buffed sitting in a group with all possible supportthingies (wf, drums, shout, feralcritstuff, and so on).

sometimes I get a slight feeling that our raid lead has to open recruitment for rogues again.
Rehlachs-

Postby Lakirby » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:50 am

Being stuck holy for attempts on dragonhawk boss in ZA. :evil:

(though on an upside, I'm probably gquitting tonight for a better progressed guild which really wants me as a tankadin)
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby Elennira » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:23 am

NEVER being allowed into SSC or TK unless we happen to be doing Tidewalker or Solarian...and even then, i only get to tank those two bosses...never anything else, im always just sat outside waiting for them...

secondly, the odd times i DO manage to get in on a TK raid, im stuck healing in A'lar and im not allowed to go first on the tank rotation on VR...

i mean seriously, WTF?! i've posted Tankadin 101 links, 'how to use a tankadin' articles...everything on my guild website...and yet im still not allowed to tank properly...
Elennira

Postby Canuun » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:58 am

Never going to get an epic flying mount because every spare bit of gold goes to getting the best tanking gear I can (DMC:V, powerleveling engineering, SSC BoE patterns, etc) to prove to my guild paladins can tank, too.
Canuun

Postby Jonesy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:18 am

Canuun wrote:Never going to get an epic flying mount because every spare bit of gold goes to getting the best tanking gear I can (DMC:V, powerleveling engineering, SSC BoE patterns, etc) to prove to my guild paladins can tank, too.

I did exactly the same thing. A non-epic mount for a tank who's gearing up is a badge of pride.
Jonesy

Postby Boudi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:06 am

a in-game "friend" informed me that his guilds wanted a tankadin and he tought i was gonna be their man for the the job. He and the GM told me it was no problem i was undergeared and that they were gonna spend time into gearing me up for TK/SSC asap. Yet all i have done so far is tank trash and adds on illhoof.....kinda starting to annoy me since i know i can do better than that. But i get the feeling they only listen to people that are completely decked in epics. I'll see how it goes in the future.

On the bright side of things: got 3 upgrades and T4 quality healing shoulders from curator since i've joined em :)
Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Boudi

Postby Bubbleoseven » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:28 am

being in a guild that i absolutely love, but being ignored as a tank for every single thing except tidewalker and alar, i would gquit if not for the fact we are actally progressing fast, but after i get some loot it's new guild time for me
Bubbleoseven

Postby Trypt » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:57 am

Rolling a 1 for the [Fang of the Leviathan]. Then being too tired/frustrated to run ZA afterwards where of course, the eagle boss drops his mace. Which goes to a tree druid alt. 0-for-2 on tanking weapons that night...
Trypt

Postby Lalecize » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:56 am

Well...

I had a dream the othernight that I got asked to do a SH run to prove that pallys could tank to the world.

Everyone was watching, and as I joined the party I realised it was me and 4 DPS warriors.

I woke up in a cold sweat.
Lalecize

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:02 am

That would be the fastest normal SH run of all time if not for having to eat/drink after every pull...
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:07 am

PuGs

DAAAAMN PUGS /cry

Warlord Kalithresh, heroic. a mage, a warlock, an elemental shaman.

Now you think: "Woa, that's some hardcore damage there"
But noooooooooooo the warlock said incinerate is better than shadow bolt!(He had Improved Shadow Bolt talent)
But nooo the mage was frost and forgot he has fire spells!(Nto sure how much of a limiter for burst this is)
The shaman was okay but undergeared <.<

And all of them, without exception, couldn't atack the tanks for the love of their lives. none of them would, after 2 or 3 seconds of channeling, interrupt their casts to attack the tank before the boss(we just have to kill him faster! - Kalitresh at 70%)
I *had* to beat Kalithresh by tanking through a full enrage! In heroic!And only after I made a macro to spam "ATTACK THE TANK" in /rw, swapped the warlock for a guildie hunter(that alone did half of the damage to the tanks, always), and told the healer(priest) to smite the tank too for the first channeling! /cry

Sometimes I hate pugs so so much...
Last edited by Snake-Aes on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to General