[A][EU] Returning Paladin Tank looking for raiding guild!

Looking for Paladin? Looking for guild? Post here.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, honorshammer

[A][EU] Returning Paladin Tank looking for raiding guild!

Postby Valoel » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi guys, basically I am a returning tank looking for a guild to settle into in time for Mists of Pandaria.

Bit of my WoW history. I started playing near the end of TBC and have always been playing as a paladin tank. Because I was a noob back then, unfortunately i accidentally downloaded the US trial of the game and as a result I have been playing on US Azgalor even though I live in the UK.

When WOTLK hit I kept tanking and as my experience and knowledge and skills grew I kept applying to better guilds on the server and eventually ended up in 'Righteous Dawn' the no.1 guild on the server. With them we achieved 25 man server firsts in Ulduar, TOC and ICC.
The time difference was just too draining for irl and so I decided to quit after we downed The Lich King.

However the WoW bug has returned and although I have missed out on most of the content in this expansion I am hoping to get back into a good raiding guild but this time on the EU server.

With 'Righteous Dawn' I raided 3 times a week for about 4-5 hours a pop. I always bring flasks and pots and make sure I am specced correctly. I am used to wiping constantly, following instructions, reading up on tactics and watching videos at work during the day to prepare for upcoming new content. I also used to carry multiple gear sets, depending on whether a fight required armour stacking, hp stacking or avoidance stacking.

I understand that paladin tanking has changed since WOTLK and thus I have learnt the new rotations and new things like reforging gear.

I recently levelled a paladin tank on EU Lightbringer but I am willing to xfer to any other server. My armoury link is here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Man%C3%A1/simple

Please bear in mind that I have only been 85 for a total of 3 days play time and this is just what I could grind from justice points. I will be trying the random raid finder to gain experience and tanking mechanics of these fights but I would love to find a dedicated 25 or 10 man raiding guild.

I realise that it is unrealistic for me to walk into the main 25 of a raiding guild based on just this application but I really just want to find a nice guild where I can experience MOP at end game heroic raiding. If that means joining and tanking in the alt run or the '2nd' group then I am more than willing to do that.

Finally I did find some videos of me tanking from back in TOC (my ui has got better since then): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNbQE--IfeE
Valoel

Re: [A][EU] Returning Paladin Tank looking for raiding guild

Postby lythac » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:18 pm

I enjoyed reading this, the attitude is spot on.

To boost your chances of landing a guild I would look at -

2nd spec - several fights are one tank only and you are not the main tank for them. Build offspec gear (you seem to be done with 378 JP tanking items now) and learn how to ret.
Professions - It is hard to say which ones to get this close to MoP and given your restricted funds being a re-roll. Maybe level mining and then go for BS/JC/Ench. Once the char is settled and into MoP change mining for something else.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Valoel » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:44 am

Thanks for the advice. Looking back I might have been a bit premature with making this app. This character still isn't complete.

Am taking your advice and levelling mining and bs (now this is a real grind). You are right in that I am done with the justice points for tanking gear. I will now build up a ret set with jp points and update myself with the ret rotation etc.

Playing wow without a guild guys is very lonely! Not something I would recommend :)
Valoel

Postby Gab » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:48 am

Not sure if Val remembers me, it's been awhile, but just wanted to bump for a great tank and a good dude. I was tanking for another alliance guild on Azgalor when Val was in RD and we had the chance to run together a few times. Would definitely be an asset to any guild.

Azgalor alliance is pretty much dead now :cry:
Gab

Return to Recruitment