Remove Advertisements

pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Postby KaDa » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:05 am

aureon wrote:I know it's a bad argument, but..
Train up T1 minmatar guns and go machariel.
Even with BS IV, supports at III and T1 guns, it'll do ~1k dps and over.

EFT shows me with T2 800mmAC loaded with shortrange T1 ammo (3+36km falloff), 2 gyros, all skills @5 and 3 T2 ogre 2T2 hammerheads as 996, cap stable as long as not repping, and doing 553m/s with AB running.Ofc you could easily make it a lot more brutal, by making it rely on speedtank even more and/or spending more on implants/factionstuff.
Unless I'm mistaken in which case I welcome any harsh criticism I can learn from :oops:

Hmm...
Actually I would LOVE to fly the thing IF I'd fly only one toon at a time, could afford to loose it due to connection issues or just making a mistake.
Keeping my Raven that does 766 with the same parameters at a fifth of the dsp, but 100% uniform damage out to 250km, with just about no reduction against cruisers due to painters.
I love to have a spacetankadin around so that a toon can go pewpew.

every skill at 4 unless it needs to be 5, 7meta4ac800, 3gyro, 5T2hammerhead, no smartbomb, assuming cap boosting for cap buth without rigs: 783 - still really nice even if I take into account how that's only with thermal drones and how projectiles don't do 100% prefered damage type just close enough to mach rat resist. Falloff at 35, unlike the CNR, didn't check how orbital and sig affect it (should be worst just outside web and at falloff which is fairly well negated by the speed).
KaDa

Postby aureon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:31 am

2 gyros?
Standard fit is 4 faction gyros. T2 guns mean Hail use.
[Machariel, AllHail]

800mm Repeating Artillery II, Hail L
[Empty High slot]

Gist B-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Gist B-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
Caldari Navy Invulnerability Field
Caldari Navy Invulnerability Field
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range

Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Large Projectile Burst Aerator II
Large Core Defence Capacitor Safeguard I
[Empty Rig slot]

This is cutting-edge, and does 1200 GUN damage at 25km. Still over 900 at @50km.
Hail is a big help, but even with T1 guns and EMP L it does ~20% less.
That's with All V skills, but no implants, which will net 5% ROF, damage, falloff and tracking.
aureon

Postby KaDa » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:25 am

aureon wrote:2 gyros?

On my way home I realised I totally forgot about increasing the falloff range, gets rid of (almost) both tracking and falloff.
Was indeed educational, ty.
Being Gallente I started with an armor "over"tanked one, I'm reflecting on that mistake. :oops:

How would you fit a T1gun T2modules one? (T2 gun was because I was lazy to look up meta4's name, hence no hail ammo)
Or is that too much of a noob question with a ship like that... :D
(Hrob said his budget aint stellar atmo barely below buying the hull itself, mine the same - which is the "lesser" issue, larger is that I see gangs of dessies with 500-750dps each (times quite a few) roaming or Talos/Tornadoes in hisec, faction stuff sounds like making myself one big target with around 2BILL in modules :shock: )

What I made up fast: 4 gyro, 3 track enh (or one less and a DCU), 1-1 hardener, cap booster, X-shield booster, afterburner, 800 scouts
804 dps without drones all skills at V, 688 with skills at IV.
14.43% difference just there already :?
KaDa

Postby aureon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:16 am

my setup was CNR as anchor and mach as secondary.
oh, and by the way. Thinking you're doing efficient damage with Fury cruise on T2 cruisers is hellah wrong, sadly. You're doing 40% AT BEST.
Main reason for using a machariel was one-hitting T1 cruisers and three-hitting T2 cruisers on approach.
It's worth gold.

Doing it as no-faction is, to be honest, dumb as hell.
It's a hull that costs 1.2b. Fit it up the way it meritates.
CN invuls can be degrated to T2 easily, though. Faction gyros are NEEDED, atleast 2+2fac.
Tanking depends, if you're using something else to talk you're somewhat okay even with a T2 tank.
Gist b-type booster is more or less a requirement, you'd have to gimp the fit without it.
you can drop the T2 rig for 3x CCC tho.

Let's see.
For using with another ship, which will do anchor job:
[Machariel, AllHail]

800mm Heavy 'Scout' Repeating Artillery I, EMP L
[Empty High slot]

X-Large Shield Booster II
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II
Photon Scattering Field II
Republic Fleet 100MN Afterburner

Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Garde II x4

would suffice.
aureon

Postby KaDa » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:08 am

aureon wrote:my setup was CNR as anchor and mach as secondary.
oh, and by the way. Thinking you're doing efficient damage with Fury cruise on T2 cruisers is hellah wrong, sadly. You're doing 40% AT BEST.
Main reason for using a machariel was one-hitting T1 cruisers and three-hitting T2 cruisers on approach.
It's worth gold.

Doing it as no-faction is, to be honest, dumb as hell.

What makes you think I'd use furies on cruisers? :shock:
On the other hand yea, big fail on cruise launchers that BOTH their T2 ammo are pretty much crap for PvE :?,
Orbiting T1 cruisers (unlike with guns where incoming gets hit harder than orbiters, missiles behave the other way around) are popped by one salvo for me as well (I cheat tho, and the RoF is completely different on the two weapons), except the elite ones that have 120 sig and go way over 200 while orbiting outside 20k, those need two.

aureon wrote:I know it's a bad argument, but..Train up T1 minmatar guns and go machariel.
Even with BS IV, supports at III and T1 guns, it'll do ~1k dps and over.

So essentially it's something of a months and months worth of long-term plan, since a total wallet of 1B was stated and doing it below 2-3B is "dumb as hell" for someone who plays solo.

On the other hand for me it's something really worth looking at, since for me it's just a dps ship while a proper tank handles just about everything, I can go down to meta4-T2 tank.
T2 guns WILL be a pain to train for, plust two different battleship skills, all the gunnery support. On the other hand the 4 faction gyros are "just" another 250M, not THAT much worth being suicideganked for.
Fun new aim for me?

Oh wait, btw, wouldn't hail nerf my damage against those who have explosive as high resist?
Best I know one of the sepentis (the faction I fight most often, 9 out of 10) battleships go something like 50kinetic > 60thermic > 70EM > 80 Explosive (there are ones quite more forgiving, but for sake of demonstration let's go with this one)
Hail has a 26% damage done compared to Phased Plasma's 42%, unless math fails me (it may), adjusted by their base damage, the T1 ammo still does like 25% better against this particular resist profile while having better falloff and tracking due to not recieving the penalty.
Even on good (for the hail) BCs the Hail would not outperform the Plasma (difference of 3% or so) , and on certain (true, again a bad match) T2 cruisers it would fare even worse than on the bad-matchup BS I gave, unless they had their resist changed over what I'm looking at.

That was T1 plasma, faction plasma (costing still less than Hail where I live) does outperform the Hail on every last one of them.
Yea, I don't get angel missions much, there Hail would be awesome.
KaDa

Postby aureon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:23 am

Uh, yeah. I hate serpentis with a passion, so had moved to Minmatar space.
LP shops weren't that bad, at about 2k isk/lp for RF points/scrams.
Salvage and loot were much better, and angel DO NOT FREAKING SENSOR DAMPEN ME.
i hate dampeners.
i really, really do.

As per "dumb as hell" remarks: i'm exaggerating, take in account that my wallet is quite fat.
Still, 1.2b hull would be worth some fittings. at the very least 2 faction gyros - you can wait on tank, but you'd either have to use mission-specific hardeners, to use another ship as anchor, or to be on the ball all the time in highend missions (Blockade, Assault, dread pirate, smash the supplier, AE bonus room and some others)
aureon

Postby KaDa » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:19 am

Yea, I cheat, serpentis are nice and slow once orbiting with higher sig I think? so my missiles do better damage than against angels, and the Rattlesnake just delegates the Gardes (they are close range unlike the kin/sen ones) and doesn't care about damp.
2k isk/LP is on the other hand drooliscious.

I took into account the person's whom I was replying to in the first post. :twisted:
I suppose once you start pimping, the CNInvuln becomes a must so you don't have holes in the resist gankers can exploit as well? While making you an even more deliscious target. :roll:
Highend missions... I just fly in the Rattlesnake, agro everything, deploy sentries on assist, and pretty much forget about the anchor char, CNR's scout drones take rid of frigs (cheap ones first), and the two pointer cruise missiles the rest.
Oh, and I auto-decline missions that have gates far away :oops:
(hmm.. might go for RF/CN launchers with ballistics, T2 is annoying to fit and not much better than the cheap meta4... down the pimpslope I roll... Currently I have zero pimpness beyond the faction hulls, triple Fed Omnilink would be nice for the snake as well. My two ships with all gear cost me something like one bill - had the snake custom-built with a cheap BPC I found, from cheap mission loot reprocessed - will/would end up with one worth 1.5B and the other worth even more... Time to make some serious ISKies!)
KaDa

Postby aureon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:22 am

no, CN invuls are useful, but you can do without. The gist XL booster is much more important.

Wait, if you're fightning Serpentis, aren't you in Gallente space? That should cut you 2.5k/3k isk/LP.
aureon

Postby sahiel » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Be very interested for any updates on the whole 'Burn Jita' thing from those playing, how badly is it affecting markets and so on?
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Dunno about the markets, but it was lulzy watching the live stream last night. Might go up there this weekend and try to get some free killmails.
Invisusira

Postby KaDa » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Looking at the map, watching Jita glow with player ship deaths is fun.
The free killmail is tempting.

On the market-side, since it was advertised in advance (and in Jita local at that... :roll: ), I imagine compared to the drone and mission drop (noticed my noctis not getting full after several missions, used to fill up on just one Mordus Headhunters leaving some cap boosters behind) changes it won't be too bad. Or if it does have an effect, it might be on different parts of the market (as well?).

Mining almost seems tempting now. Almost.
KaDa

Postby Arnock » Thu May 10, 2012 11:52 am

Amarr vs. Minmatar concepts

Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Invisusira » Thu May 10, 2012 2:33 pm

I lol'd

BTW, if you haven't checked out the new Fanfest 2012 trailer for EVE/Dust yet, do so immediately:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI53ydJaus8
Invisusira

Postby aureon » Thu May 10, 2012 2:41 pm

i lol'd.
Is that the new V3 abaddon? looks amazing.
aureon

Postby KaDa » Sat May 12, 2012 2:36 pm

aureon wrote:i lol'd.
Is that the new V3 abaddon? looks amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rpOfEGFPU8 in case someone hasn't seen it already.

Am I the only one who thinks the new skin would look awesome anywhere but for amarr?
I really liked the golden fleet golden look feel they had.
KaDa

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games