Remove Advertisements

Help with Kael'thelas

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Help with Kael'thelas

Postby Jarkeld » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:58 pm

So, our guild just started attempts on Kael'thelas, most fun, exciting fight ever!
Anyways, we're having trouble with the mob the warlock tanks, my GM seems convinced the warlock just has to start in the middle of the room, and each time he casts a spell, back up a foot and then cast again, which will always keep him at 31 yards so he never gets conflagged. This means everyone else should stand at max range so they don't get conflagged as well. I on the other hand think we should mostly be in 30 yards, with a second warlock trying to be second on aggro, so she just conflags random people and it's all fun. Any thoughts suggestions?
Also, for phase 2, I'm AoE tanking the mace, daggers, shield, and sword, didn't seem to have too much trouble, although I do spike a fair bit, any thoughts/suggestions?
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld

Re: Help with Kael'thelas

Postby Hollyhell » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:47 pm

Jarkeld wrote:So, our guild just started attempts on Kael'thelas, most fun, exciting fight ever!
Anyways, we're having trouble with the mob the warlock tanks, my GM seems convinced the warlock just has to start in the middle of the room, and each time he casts a spell, back up a foot and then cast again, which will always keep him at 31 yards so he never gets conflagged. This means everyone else should stand at max range so they don't get conflagged as well. I on the other hand think we should mostly be in 30 yards, with a second warlock trying to be second on aggro, so she just conflags random people and it's all fun. Any thoughts suggestions?
Also, for phase 2, I'm AoE tanking the mace, daggers, shield, and sword, didn't seem to have too much trouble, although I do spike a fair bit, any thoughts/suggestions?

the guild i just left used 2 warlock tanks.
Hollyhell

Postby Eliane » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:50 pm

We have a hunter use misdirect on our warlock tank. We also let a backup warlock build threat on her in case something goes wrong.
Eliane

Postby Lore » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:54 pm

1 warlock tank (with a second building aggro just in case). He waits til she stops moving, takes two hops backward, then lays into her.

For whatever reason, two jumps backward seems to be more or less exactly how far you need to move to never get conflagged.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:01 pm

If you don't have two warlocks, you can use the following strat:

- warlock is tanking as usually
- let say warrior standing 10 yards from him eating desorients
- rest of the raid 35+ yards away so desorients won't land on anyone but warrior
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:31 am

We're learning it up to now, to not risk we have 2 warlocks building aggro, so if the first for some reasons gets Conflagration, the second will get aggro.

For us melee ppl we usually watch from Telonicus' spot and comment about how sexy Capernian is.
Misdirection is your friend, however.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Darus » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:28 am

Hunter MD to lock who is positioned in the back of the room, healers/ranged spread out so they dont transmit conflag. Melee/tanks get back up to telonicus and chill thru the phase.
Darus

Postby Cakes » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:18 pm

As the others have said, MD to the warlock, make sure no one casts anything while she's running back. No need to make phase 1 any longer than it has to be by starting in the middle of the room when you know that she has to die in the back anyway.
Cakes

Postby Eneroth » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:46 pm

My guild is going to start on him this week, since we got SSC to a full clear in one day, from Hydross to Vashj. This will give us allot of time to start this encounter. My question is this, what should I suggest I do to the guild? I have tanked encounters in the past, even Vashj two weeks ago, but wanted some advice from you folks here. Who should I suggest I tank. Take a look at my armory if it's up and running. Thank you in advance.
Eneroth

Postby Mortehl » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:06 pm

2 warlocks, with the primary target being soul link demo usually works the best.

Phase 1:

Both use Searing pain, everyone else out of range. Eventually she'll conflag the one lower on threat, then the other guy just runs into whichever corner you're tanking her in. Ranged proceeds to kick her ass.

Phase 3:

Warlock tank picks her up. Everyone else stays the fuck away. An occasional conflag might go out, but its no biggy with the mental protection field. Kill her in whatever order your guild uses.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:51 pm

Eneroth wrote:My guild is going to start on him this week, since we got SSC to a full clear in one day, from Hydross to Vashj. This will give us allot of time to start this encounter. My question is this, what should I suggest I do to the guild? I have tanked encounters in the past, even Vashj two weeks ago, but wanted some advice from you folks here. Who should I suggest I tank. Take a look at my armory if it's up and running. Thank you in advance.

Well, here's what I do:

Phase 1 -- sit on my butt. Don't get killed and occasionally judge wisdom
Phase 2 -- Why I'm here. AoE tank almost all the weapons.
Phase 3 -- More sitting around/tossing random heals with the legendary mace.
Phase 4/5 -- Pick up the Phoenixes and tank them 15-20 yards away from Kael. There's no reason I couldn't tank Kael himself, we just usually run with a Warrior MT.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Eneroth » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:09 pm

Thanks Dorvan,

Have been wondering with this encounter coming up what I would have to do to become useful in this encounter. Thanks a ton.

Just wondering which weapons don't you tank so I can bring it up to the RL. Thanks again.
Eneroth

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:36 pm

Eneroth wrote:Thanks Dorvan,

Have been wondering with this encounter coming up what I would have to do to become useful in this encounter. Thanks a ton.

Just wondering which weapons don't you tank so I can bring it up to the RL. Thanks again.

I tank the mace, shield, and daggers. We took 4 tanks while learning it (not really needed with a Prot Pally) so a feral druid usually grabbed the sword, but it would easily be doable with 3 with either myself or the WArrior tanking the staff picking up the sword.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Eneroth » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:05 pm

Thank you again Dorvan, I like to get as much info as I can before I do a fight. I read on the strat, but most of them leave out Tankadins, so this the only place to ask the questions.
Eneroth

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:11 pm

Eneroth wrote:Thank you again Dorvan, I like to get as much info as I can before I do a fight. I read on the strat, but most of them leave out Tankadins, so this the only place to ask the questions.

Yep, that's what we're here for. When I'm facing a new fight...I first read about it on bosskillers, then come here to figure out what the hell I'm actually supposed to do :P

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Tempest Keep