Remove Advertisements

Mists of Pandaria

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Mists of Pandaria

Postby Treck » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:24 am

Tbh, it doesnt look good enough for a 500k mount in my opinion.
Treck

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:35 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Zobel - I meant in the context of the whole "tank damage is too low" thing that the Warrior, Druid, and DK ability buffs were addressing. Of course, those comments were addressed directly to other tank classes, and never actually mentioned Paladins.

Looking over the spell list you can see why. Crusader Strike is already 160% weapon damage+flat amount compare that to Devastate is going from 75% to 150% which is on the same 4.5 second cooldown.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Yelena » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:15 am

Flex wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Zobel - I meant in the context of the whole "tank damage is too low" thing that the Warrior, Druid, and DK ability buffs were addressing. Of course, those comments were addressed directly to other tank classes, and never actually mentioned Paladins.

Looking over the spell list you can see why. Crusader Strike is already 160% weapon damage+flat amount compare that to Devastate is going from 75% to 150% which is on the same 4.5 second cooldown.

Devastate has no cooldown (beyond the GCD) on Beta, at least in the current build (I just confirmed that myself like 30 seconds ago). Outside of Sword and Board no longer having a chance to proc from Devastate, the basic Prot Warrior rotation isn't looking to be a whole lot different than it currently is on Live (outside of not having to manage Rend anymore).
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:34 am

blah, don't follow warrior changes as much just remember it being 4.5 second at one point.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fenris » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:06 pm

Treck wrote:Tbh, it doesnt look good enough for a 500k mount in my opinion.

Upscaled "stone cat" mob (the one you can tame in the firelands phased zone/was sitting as npc in one of storm peaks inns) + glued hyppogrif wings + some armor = new mount
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Fenris wrote:
Treck wrote:Tbh, it doesnt look good enough for a 500k mount in my opinion.

Upscaled "stone cat" mob (the one you can tame in the firelands phased zone/was sitting as npc in one of storm peaks inns) + glued hyppogrif wings + some armor = new mount

wrong one. This one is the ground mount made by JC, with a transformer/power-ranger/-esque feel to it (combine 4 colors to create one, really?).

I'd buy one just to infuriate the 14-year olds that can't pop their dad's credit card to buy one.

The one with wings is likely the RAF mount.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fenris » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:24 am

Guess they messed up something with this update

1)Spellbook says i have to go to the trainer to learn improved judgement (i.e the thing that gives JotW)
2)BUT i already have JotW learned
3)AND judgment hits seems to not stack SoV anymore (and i have the feeling neither SotR does,but i cant test it because i crashed and now i keep crashing every time i try to log in)

Oh,and Divine light and holy light are gone from prot,but i seem to recall that was the plan from the start...
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby tlitp » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:01 am

Does anyone have a level 86+ Hunter ? I'm interested in sniping a few targets with Beast Lore.
tlitp

Postby halabar » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:43 am

tlitp wrote:Does anyone have a level 86+ Hunter ? I'm interested in sniping a few targets with Beast Lore.

None of the new stuff is tameable yet.

halabar

Postby halabar » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:44 am

It was fun watching 100+ pandas trying to burn a scroll that wasn't there since they bugged the quest with the new beta build.

halabar

Postby tlitp » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:06 am

Wha... who cares about taming, silly Hunter ? :P
I've already mentioned I'd like some "datamining" with Beast Lore, from a 86+ Hunter.

Namely : base armor for some Beasts found in TotJS.
1. Bamboo Stalker
2. Glass Eel.
3. Pearly Tortoise.
4. some of the named mobs (Golden Beetle/Nodding Tiger/Talking Fish).

Basically, any level 86+ Beast found in MoP zones/areas. Even better if you snipe level 89+ ones.
tlitp

Postby djlar » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:36 pm

How you guys get to 86? I don't see new dungeons or zones, just doing regular HoT heroics? questing in TH?

I let my copied characters get rested XP for a while, since the new build on Friday I haven't played them..

I still can't remove MM from my Hunter, he's BM/MM, I couldn't get rid of the MM spec.. I guess I'll do a premade to test Surv..
djlar

Postby Flex » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:39 pm

djlar wrote:How you guys get to 86? I don't see new dungeons or zones, just doing regular HoT heroics? questing in TH?

In the capital cities there is a panda that will port you to Panderia since the intro quests aren't implemented yet.
Flex

Postby Zobel » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:58 am

Though we've added red pandaren males, we intend the tail to be unique to female pandaren.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... ?page=2#21

Because everyone knows tails are the product of skewed X-inactivation in the sacrococcygeal region and are therefore only expressed in female pandaren.
Zobel

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:35 am

Zobel wrote:
Though we've added red pandaren males, we intend the tail to be unique to female pandaren.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... ?page=2#21

Because everyone knows tails are the product of skewed X-inactivation in the sacrococcygeal region and are therefore only expressed in female pandaren.

*braces for 'getting tail' jokes*
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta