New Anime Season

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Movie trailer for Gyo!
Not sure how I feel about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... r_WqzyJj_U
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9362
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Arjuna » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Oh how I hate recap episodes!!! Such a waste...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
User avatar
Arjuna
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:26 am

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:21 pm

well its not exactly new but...

Since I foolishly missed the new FullMetal movie when it was nearby, I went to a half priced bookstore for some quick anime, and got the original movie. While I was there I also picked up a DVD set of a TV anime on a whim.

Dragonauts - the whatever. The graphics for the dragons and spaceships are little dated, but it is fun. Watched disk #1/4 on Sunday, and Disk #2 on Monday. I'll have to see if I can watch disks #3, #4 Sat, Sun.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:well its not exactly new but...

Since I foolishly missed the new FullMetal movie when it was nearby, I went to a half priced bookstore for some quick anime, and got the original movie. While I was there I also picked up a DVD set of a TV anime on a whim.

Dragonauts - the whatever. The graphics for the dragons and spaceships are little dated, but it is fun. Watched disk #1/4 on Sunday, and Disk #2 on Monday. I'll have to see if I can watch disks #3, #4 Sat, Sun.


Hah, I remember watching Eat-man like that when I found the dvds on a bargain bin =P
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9362
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Sagara » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:57 am

Just watched the first episode of Saint Seiya Omega.

It's worth a watch if you liked the original series. Not ground-breaking, but certainly worth the while.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:03 am

I refuse to watch Omega, on the grounds that Lost Canvas was a much superior series.

Besides, I always hated Seiya, and it seems Kouga is as bad as him.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9362
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Sagara » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:06 am

Bullheadedness?

He's WORSE.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:10 am

Sagara wrote:Bullheadedness?

He's WORSE.



Ugh, steering clear of Omega for sure then, unless Ikki makes a guest appearance.

Considering that all the gold saints actually died in Hades, they would need to get 12 new gold saints.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9362
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Sagara » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:18 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Sagara wrote:Bullheadedness?

He's WORSE.



Ugh, steering clear of Omega for sure then, unless Ikki makes a guest appearance.

Considering that all the gold saints actually died in Hades, they would need to get 12 new gold saints.


Let us say that at least ONE position is known as filled. Considering the amount of shout outs in the first episode at least, a cameo from each and every surviving Saint seems guaranteed.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:22 am

yeah, i heard seiya is back as the Sagittarius saint, but also that he supposedly died against Mars.

I guess they couldnt call him Ares as one of the movies had them going against Ares.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9362
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Arjuna » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:39 am

...and all I see is Twilight and Rarity having a chat... lol /facepalm!

I'm a bit disappointed with the current anime season...nothing that I'm really that into...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
User avatar
Arjuna
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:26 am

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:47 am

anyone know what this Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka OF THE DEAD is? Is it just another season of KwZ? Dare I begin to hope that they crossed over with Highschool Of The Dead somehow??!!?! :x
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6043
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:05 am

Arjuna wrote:...and all I see is Twilight and Rarity having a chat... lol /facepalm!

I'm a bit disappointed with the current anime season...nothing that I'm really that into...


And now, you'll hear our conversation in their voices.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9362
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Sagara » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:33 am

Hiiiiii boyyy! :D

I've got candy in my van. Want some?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: New Anime Season

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:40 am

Image
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Postby aureon » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:12 am

Fate Zero restart is SO FREAKING AWESOME I CANNOT EVEN DESCRIBE HOW AWESOME IT AWESOMELY IS.
Ahem.

Medaka is okay, i guess. Not so awesome.
Accel World has the ridicolous-est main char of all (Okay being fat, but why is he half as high as GIRLS his age? Seriously.)
Polar Bear Cafè is riding on the line between "mind-breaking absurd" and "gut-busting laughter-inducing", which is a good thing, i suppose.

I've finally started Guilty Crown - it's a blatant Code Geass ripoff, but it's not as bad as many put it.
User avatar
aureon
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:41 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Sabindeus » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:21 pm

I'm currently reading Medaka Box and I have the first ep downloaded... not sure if I'll stick with it. I think they will have to wow me, because while investing idle moments into reading a manga is one thing, sitting down to watch subtitled anime is another thing entirely.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6043
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: New Anime Season

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Sabindeus wrote:sitting down to watch subtitled anime is another thing entirely.


I've taken to watching things in fast forward. 8 minutes an episode isn't a horrible time investment into series that don't warrant more time.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Arjuna » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:05 pm

The manga got pretty boring after a while though...imho...

In other news, did I seriously see Spice & Wolf season three to be aired this summer season???????? :D

Awesome!
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
User avatar
Arjuna
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:26 am

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Arjuna » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:41 am

WHAT

THE

HELL

???

!!!

I just watched the first ep of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san. Seriosuly japan? You actually take the lovecraftian mythos, cram it into a shool-life comedy anime and have freaking NYARLATHOTEP the Crawling Chaos have a lead role as a girl??? Complete with roleplaying references of sanity points and such... :o

...yeah, my sanity, where did it go?


...now I got to watch the whole series for some reason... :D
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
User avatar
Arjuna
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:26 am

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Gracerath » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:24 pm

Most everyone doesn't consider it anime but Legend of Korra just premiered on Saturday on Nickelodeon. Its the next chapter in the Avatar: The Last Airbender setting. I have to say I'm pretty happy with the first two episodes. I am a huge fan of TLA (lets pretend the film doesn't exist) so seeing the story continue on is great.

First episode had a fantastic (if frustrating) moment.

Grandaughter1: So what happened to Zuko's mom?
OldKatara: Oh, that is a great stor...
Grandaughter2: *innane comment to interrupt* *record scratch*
Bye space sword!
User avatar
Gracerath
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:19 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Watched the Shin Kyoto Hen part 1.

They changed some parts of the original story...Like Usui getting killed by Shishio rather than having him fight Saitou. >=(

The Usui vs Saitou was one of my favorite fights in the original series, along with the Kenshin vs Soujiro and Kenshin vs Shishio.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9362
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Sagara » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:26 pm

Gracerath wrote:Most everyone doesn't consider it anime but Legend of Korra just premiered on Saturday on Nickelodeon. Its the next chapter in the Avatar: The Last Airbender setting. I have to say I'm pretty happy with the first two episodes. I am a huge fan of TLA (lets pretend the film doesn't exist) so seeing the story continue on is great.

First episode had a fantastic (if frustrating) moment.

Grandaughter1: So what happened to Zuko's mom?
OldKatara: Oh, that is a great stor...
Grandaughter2: *innane comment to interrupt* *record scratch*


Saw the first two episodes as well. I cannot help but wonder at one off-hand comment:

"My brother and most of my friends are gone." Moooooooooooost? Any particular exceptions we should be aware of? :D
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Gracerath » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Sagara wrote:
Gracerath wrote:Most everyone doesn't consider it anime but Legend of Korra just premiered on Saturday on Nickelodeon. Its the next chapter in the Avatar: The Last Airbender setting. I have to say I'm pretty happy with the first two episodes. I am a huge fan of TLA (lets pretend the film doesn't exist) so seeing the story continue on is great.

First episode had a fantastic (if frustrating) moment.

Grandaughter1: So what happened to Zuko's mom?
OldKatara: Oh, that is a great stor...
Grandaughter2: *innane comment to interrupt* *record scratch*


Saw the first two episodes as well. I cannot help but wonder at one off-hand comment:

"My brother and most of my friends are gone." Moooooooooooost? Any particular exceptions we should be aware of? :D


Good question. From what I can recall, they didn't want to have too much of the old cast still around but it was nice to see Katara. I'd say if anyone, perhaps Toph is still around as an old maid someplace though with her daughter as the police chief, probably unlikely. Earthbenders seemed to be particularly long lived. King Bumi (Boomy? I unno) was well over 100 when Aang came back. I do hope to see at least brief mention of all the old cast and/or their descendents. Zuko and Mai's progeny, Sokka and Suki if they had kids, etc. I think they want their new cast to stand on their own and not have to stand on the shoulders of the old cast to make the show interesting (so far so good)
Bye space sword!
User avatar
Gracerath
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:19 pm

Re: New Anime Season

Postby Sagara » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Yep. I think using Tenzin as the voice of the elders was a nice idea - he's an unknown, but can still boast enough of a link to the Gaang to be considered a representative.

Which got me thinking: we saw Ursa minor Geki on Saint Seiya Omega \o/
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest