any paladins MT archimonde?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

any paladins MT archimonde?

Postby Jarkeld » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:22 am

there's some really old post on this in the general forums but I figured better to make a new one here.
Any pallies out there done this? looks like I might end up doing it since we only have one warrior tank with gear better than me, all the others are much worse.
Managing through the fears with a 2x FW trinket bubble rotation
Even if it wasn't a pregression kill it's okay, just wondering what kind of stats you did it with.
Oh, and my GM is anal about this sort of thing so we're killing archimonde before we step inside BT, so GG me on getting easy tanking upgrades from there.
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:01 pm

Postby Afraithe » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:18 am

I tanked him on one of our early tries where the Warrior tank went AFK, It was actually one of our better tries. This was before the FW nerf/change though.

Tanking isn't the problem here, yes he hits rather hard, but nothing a few paladin healers can't handle, the problem in this fight is Doomfire, its not a DPS race, its a survival race.
Image
Afraithe
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:21 am

Postby Lore » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:52 am

Healing is sensitive enough at the fears that if you don't break the fear quickly you'll have problems, however I think a fear ward/trinket rotation would probably suffice. If you can somehow get 4 fear wards (why does it have to be a Holy spell) then you shouldn't even need your trinket.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby enbee » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:22 am

did it last week, 3 holy priests fearwarding, bubbling the 4th fear, I don't like tanking him though -_-. I actually hate the fight alltogether, randomness ftl.
Image
LoL, a paladin tank!
User avatar
enbee
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:18 am

Postby Jarkeld » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:51 am

Hurrah, after spending 2 nights of tanking him fine and wiping on him our warrior MT(who is better geared from me cause he server transfered out of an already BT guild to join friends) decided to long on and they killed him while I was sitting outside the instance dancing with my guild's feral drood. Man I love 1 tank fights, don't you?
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:01 pm

Postby Afraithe » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:54 am

I tanked him yesterday on successful kill.

WWS logs:
http://wowwebstats.com/2ym5wp23pf22o?s=13025-13605

Compared to a warrior tanking kill:
http://wowwebstats.com/g1unhl64jebd5?s=5929-6444

I took quite a lot more damage than the Warrior did, I'm not sure why, our DPS was slightly lower, our fight was 9 minutes instead of 8 for the other kill, we had one very early death by one of the rogues, giving him the damage boost shard. We also had some extremely bad doomfires for melee around 50%, so I'm guessing they lost out on a lot of DPS for a minute or so there.

Looking at avoidance etc:
Me: 58.4%
Warrior: 59%

But, "mitigation" says:
Me: 6.0 %
Warrior: 5.8%

Avg hits damage:
Me: 6743
Warrior: 6873

All in all, it seems very equal in terms of mitigation, the Warrior probably has slightly better gear than me, but not any more, got 2 t6 drops from MH yesterday, total of 4 t6 now, and almost 29% dodge.

I'm a little surprise that concecration did most of my damage. I did turn off auto attack at around 20%.

Edit: I noticed something weird, I have something like 16-17% parry, but I only parried 8%? I think the Warrior has around 19-20% parrying, and he parried 18%.
Image
Afraithe
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:21 am

Postby Scarzi » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:13 am

let a druid tank lol? ez mode k thanks.

druid would be around 500,000 damage taken...maybe less
Last time I checked, 38% dodge is better then stacking stamina.
Scarzi
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:59 pm

Postby Galtea » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:19 pm

I tanked him a couple days ago on our guild's first kill. We had used a warrior for the 1st attempt or two a week ago and me ever since.
Galtea
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:23 pm

Postby Drfeelgood » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:03 am

Scarzi wrote:let a druid tank lol? ez mode k thanks.

druid would be around 500,000 damage taken...maybe less


This was our first inclination because he doesn't crush but we ended up going with a warrior. Our druid OT straps on her resto gear and decurses the whole fight and I put on healing gear and pretend to heal. This way we can put fear wards on healers instead of our tank which helps keep consistent healing going throughout the fight. Our first kill I had respecced holy and I was getting all of the fear wards and I was easily keeping up with our geared healers with my about 50/50 kara/ssc healing gear.

I would never accept the tank spot for archimonde unless our MT and both ferals were gone for the night. Paladins have neither of the advantages that druids/warriors bring to the MT spot on this fight and since it's a survival fight, paladins do bring a small amount of extra healing which is going to help so much more.
Drfeelgood - Blood Elf - Sargeras
<The Mighty Oxen>
Drfeelgood
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:09 am

Postby Afraithe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:42 am

I tanked him again yesterday, we did whole MH without Warrior, just me and the Druid tank. Druid helps decurse on Archi and I tanked him with fearward rotation (we had 5 priests in raid), I didn't equip my pvp trinket, did not pop wings tho, in case I would get feared I could bubble it. I think we killed him on 3rd try, after a few ppl died from fall damage and doomfire, we had a few new ppl there to. The only thing that is a bit tough is just when they are feared, if you get a bad streak there it can be really bad, but we had at least 1 shaman with tremor totem healing me as well, and I always had my finger on the dodge trinket just as ppl get feared.
Image
Afraithe
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:21 am

Postby Jarkeld » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:03 am

afraiteh, one of the things I actually found helpful for that was finding out the 2 healers closest to me, then just dispelling their fears to ensure I've got someone on me
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:01 pm

Postby Galtea » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:39 pm

Afraithe wrote:I tanked him again yesterday, we did whole MH without Warrior, just me and the Druid tank. Druid helps decurse on Archi and I tanked him with fearward rotation (we had 5 priests in raid), I didn't equip my pvp trinket, did not pop wings tho, in case I would get feared I could bubble it. I think we killed him on 3rd try, after a few ppl died from fall damage and doomfire, we had a few new ppl there to. The only thing that is a bit tough is just when they are feared, if you get a bad streak there it can be really bad, but we had at least 1 shaman with tremor totem healing me as well, and I always had my finger on the dodge trinket just as ppl get feared.


Whenever I tank him, I spam cleanse a set healer during every fear. That healer is never feared for more than a split-second. I cleanse 2 healers per fear, no other tank can do that.
Galtea
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:23 pm

Re: any paladins MT archimonde?

Postby fiorina » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:57 pm

Jarkeld wrote:there's some really old post on this in the general forums but I figured better to make a new one here.
Any pallies out there done this? looks like I might end up doing it since we only have one warrior tank with gear better than me, all the others are much worse.
Managing through the fears with a 2x FW trinket bubble rotation
Even if it wasn't a pregression kill it's okay, just wondering what kind of stats you did it with.
Oh, and my GM is anal about this sort of thing so we're killing archimonde before we step inside BT, so GG me on getting easy tanking upgrades from there.


Almost 2 month ago:
http://wowwebstats.com/ysyjjzww55p11


To WWS above. Focus on your DPS guys. Timed ZA run has 9k raid DPS, your Archimonde raid has 7,8k, you make the fight unnecessary longer.
User avatar
fiorina
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: any paladins MT archimonde?

Postby enbee » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:38 pm

fiorina wrote: Focus on your DPS guys.


That is possibly the worst advice you can give for archimonde.
Image
LoL, a paladin tank!
User avatar
enbee
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:18 am

Re: any paladins MT archimonde?

Postby fiorina » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:00 am

enbee wrote:
fiorina wrote: Focus on your DPS guys.


That is possibly the worst advice you can give for archimonde.


Sure, why make fight last just few minutes, only like 4 fears, 200k dmg to tank, ofc not. It's better to get 12 healers and enjoy 15 minutes epic encounter.
User avatar
fiorina
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:07 pm

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests