Remove Advertisements

[Prot Paladin] PvE Gear List (MoP)

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: [Prot Paladin] PvE Gear List (MoP)

Postby lythac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:46 am

Updated the list.

Added in weapons.

Added in the new 5 man Heroic pieces. Looks like we may have 2 items per slot to choose from at 463 level for, one with threat and one without.

Trinkets do not seem to be correctly itemised yet.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Hexzon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:51 am

Started doing my own list just so I know what to go for, have not really tanked since Sunwell, but planning on doing it again in mop and intent do have most of my heroic dungeon gear by end of first week so read to go into Vaults with best gear i can obtain before that, and hopefully get as much as the vaults gear as i can before heart of fear is released if raid progression goes how i want it to.

But yeah here is where my list is at atm, think i'm missing some dungeon loot and maybe a few raid ones, need to add rep and crafted ones.

Not to really concerned with half of the leveling crap, maybe some of the blacksmiths crafted gear might be needed to get into the heroic dungeons, leveling as ret so will see what happens, hopefully lv90 within 20-30 hours haven't tested since they increased the Xp , last time it took me like 22hours and i know i could have done it much faster, so yeah hopefully 20-30 hours then spam dungeons for another 10 hours or so before i go to sleep and let the rest catch up, ready to wait up and do dungeons.

[Head]

[Neck]
ILv-502 Beads of the Mogu'shi <The Stone Guard>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Heroic}]
ILv-489 Beads of the Mogu'shi <The Stone Guard>[Mogu-shan Vaults]
ILv-476 Beads of the Mogu'shi <The Stone Guard>[Mogu-shan Vaults]
ILv-463 Necklace of the Dark Blaze <Lilian Voss>[Scholomance{Heroic Dungeon}]
ILv-463 Armsmaster's Sealed Locket <Armsmaster Harlan>[Scarlet Halls{Heroic Dungeon}]

[Shoulders]
ILV-502 Shoulderguards of the Unflanked <The Spirit Kings>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Heroic}]
ILV-489 Shoulderguards of the Unflanked <The Spirit Kings>[Mogu-shan Vaults]
ILV-476 Shoulderguards of the Unflanked <The Spirit Kings>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Raid Finder}]
ILv-463 Spaulders of Immovable Stone <Wing Leader Ner'onok>[Siege of Niuzao Temple{Heroic Dungeon}]

[Back]

[Chest]
ILV-502 Chestguard of Eternal Vigilance <Will of the Emperor[Mogu-shan Vaults{Heroic}]
ILV-489 Chestguard of Eternal Vigilance <Will of the Emperor[Mogu-shan Vaults]
ILV-476 Chestguard of Eternal Vigilance <Will of the Emperor[Mogu-shan Vaults{Raid Finder}]
ILV-463 Hateshatter Chestplate <Taran Zhu>[Shado-Pan Monastery{Heroic Dungeon}]
ILv-463 Breastplate of Wracking Souls <Instructor Chillheart>[Scholomance{Heroic Dungeon}]
ILv-463 Canine Commander's Breastplate <Houndmaster Braun>[Scarlet Halls{Heroic Dungeon}]

[Wrists]
ILV-502 Bracers of Six Oxen <Feng The Accursed>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Heroic}]
ILV-489 Bracers of Six Oxen <Feng The Accursed>[Mogu-shan Vaults]
ILV-476 Bracers of Six Oxen <Feng The Accursed>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Raid Finder}]
ILv-463 Ri'mok's Shattered Scale <Commander Ri'mok>[Gate of the Setting Sun {Heroic Dungeon}]

[Hands]
ILV-463 Gauntlets of Resolute Fury <Master Snowdrift>[Shado-Pan Monastery{Heroic Dungeon}]

[Waist]
ILV-502 Star-Stealer Waistguard <The Stone Guard>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Heroic}]
ILV-489 Star-Stealer Waistguard <The Stone Guard>[Mogu-shan Vaults]
ILV-476 Star-Stealer Waistguard <The Stone Guard>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Raid Finder}]

[Legs]

[Feet]
ILV-502 Sollerets of Spirit Splitting <Gara-jal the Spiritbinder>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Heroic}]
ILV-489 Sollerets of Spirit Splitting <Gara-jal the Spiritbinder>[Mogu-shan Vaults]
ILV-476 Sollerets of Spirit Splitting <Gara-jal the Spiritbinder>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Raid Finder}]
ILV-463 Stonestep Boots <Lorewalker Stonestep> [Temple of the Jade Serpent{Heroic Dungeon}]

[Rings]
ILV-502 Band of Bursting Novas <Elegon>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Heroic}]
ILV-489 Band of Bursting Novas <Elegon>[Mogu-shan Vaults]
ILV-476 Band of Bursting Novas <Elegon>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Raid Finder}]
ILv-463 Lime-Rimmed Signet <Yan-Zhu the Uncasked> [Stormstout Brewery{Heroic Dungeon}]

[Trinkets]
ILV-502 Trinket Vial of Dragon's Blood <Elegon>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Heroic}]
ILV-489 Trinket Vial of Dragon's Blood <Elegon>[Mogu-shan Vaults]
ILV-476 Trinket Vial of Dragon's Blood <Elegon>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Raid Finder}]
ILV-463 Heart of Fire<Master Snowdrift>[Shado-Pan Monastery{Heroic Dungeon}]

[Main Hand]
ILV-502 Elegion, the Fanged Crescent <Elegon>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Heroic}] (Hit/Expertise)
ILV-489 Elegion, the Fanged Crescent <Elegon>[Mogu-shan Vaults] (Hit/Expertise)
ILV-476 Elegion, the Fanged Crescent <Elegon>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Raid Finder}] (Hit/Expertise)

[Shield]
ILV-502 Steelskin, Qiang's Impervious Shield <The Spirit Kings>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Heroic}]
ILV-489 Steelskin, Qiang's Impervious Shield <The Spirit Kings>[Mogu-shan Vaults]
ILV-476 Steelskin, Qiang's Impervious Shield <The Spirit Kings>[Mogu-shan Vaults{Raid Finder}]
ILv-463 Shield of Blind Hate <Taran Zhu>[Shado-Pan Monastery{Heroic Dungeon}]
Hexzon

Postby Nooska » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Reading Thecks latest blog (MoP beta mitigation stat weights b15983) I was thinking, maybe gear with haste should be allowed (as long as it is not haste/crit)?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Hexzon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:28 pm

Nooska wrote:Reading Thecks latest blog (MoP beta mitigation stat weights b15983) I was thinking, maybe gear with haste should be allowed (as long as it is not haste/crit)?

Was Actually thinking this my self, about going for some of the sort of dps haste gear as it would be useful in case i couldn't get the drop.

Was looking at the Crafted gear, its pretty decent and really not that expensive either, if i can get my hands on the mats once i hit 90 will prob looking at building the set, i mean the shield is 463 as well.

[450] Masterwork Spiritguard Helm (Crafted > Reagents: Ghost Iron Bar (12). Trillium Bar.)
[450] Masterwork Spiritguard Shoulders (Crafted > Ghost Iron Bar (7). Trillium Bar.)
[450] Masterwork Spiritguard Breastplate (Crafted > Reagents: Ghost Iron Bar (12). Trillium Bar.)
[450] Masterwork Spiritguard Gauntlets (Crafted > Reagents: Ghost Iron Bar (7). Trillium Bar.)
[450] Masterwork Spiritguard Legplates (Crafted > Reagents: Ghost Iron Bar (12). Trillium Bar.)
[450] Masterwork Spiritguard Bracers (Crafted > Reagents: Ghost Iron Bar (5). Trillium Bar.)
[450] Masterwork Spiritguard Boots (Crafted > Reagents: Ghost Iron Bar (7). Trillium Bar.)
[450] Masterwork Spiritguard Belt (Crafted > Reagents: Ghost Iron Bar (7). Trillium Bar. )
[463] Masterwork Spiritguard Shield (Crafted > Reagents: Ghost Iron Bar (12). Trillium Bar (2).)

That's a Total of 81 Ghost Iron Bar's and 10 Trillium Bar's which doesn't seem like to much, there will prob be lots of Ghost Iron Ore on the AH so that will prob drop in price fast, as for the Black Trillium Ore and White Trillium Ore to smelt the Trillium Bar's Who knows, however the lucky advantage is you can buy them with Spirit of Harmony so hopefully i'f i'm lucky i can pick some of them up well questing or just farm them to craft the items if it doesn't take to long, might be worth it rather then rushing to spam dungeons, to make the heroics go smoother.
Hexzon

Postby Hexzon » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:09 am

Got Bored so started doing more of a proper list
Last edited by Hexzon on Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hexzon

Postby Nooska » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:48 am

Just to follow up on this:
Nooska wrote:Reading Thecks latest blog (MoP beta mitigation stat weights b15983) I was thinking, maybe gear with haste should be allowed (as long as it is not haste/crit)?

I'll quote myself from one of the othe rthreads;
Nooska wrote:Looking at the headgear available (needed to find ilvls for the engineering helm, someone on EU forums claiming it will be BiS), I'm actually wondering if we want our tier headpice - right now I'd prefer the ret tier headpiece over the prot.;
Ret:White Tiger Helmet
Prot: White Tiger Faceguard
--
Nontier1: Garalon's Hollow Skull
Nontier2: Giantfoot Headguard

Looking purely at the tier heads;
Ret is: 983 Str, 1835 Sta (meta+blue socket, 180 Str bonus), 735 Hit (2.16%@90), 655 Mastery.
Prot is: 690 Str, 1835 Sta (meta+blue socket, 270 Sta bonus), 1143 parry, 460 Expertise (1.35%@90)

So the prot tier piece is a gain of 275 hit (equalling hit and expertise) and the tradeoff of 1143 parry rating for 655 mastery, though the parry rating has to be reduced for the loss of 293 strength to parry (last I saw theck say something strength was better for parry than parry rating point for point?), meaning its 850 parry v 655 mastery (equalling Str and Parry rating for parry) with another 180 "parry" from the socket bonus (replacing 270 stam, just over 1 blue gems worth) making it 670 parry v 655 mastery, and the gain of 275 hit(over expertise).

With the working of active mitigation, am I simply fatigued, or is the ret helm likely/clearly better for prot than the prot helm? Add to that that 1143 parry is 1.29%@90 (before DR) and 655 mastery rating is 1.09 Mastery@90 (I'm not sure f wowhead has neglected to add % or is still using the rating -> mastery -> effect), so even before factoring in the Str difference, the parry rating is roughly equal to the (lesser amount of) mastery rating from the "worst case" interpretation of wowheads tooltip.

The prot helm has - 293 Str (primary stat) for a gain of 213 secondary - for this to be equal to the budgetting from gems, we would have to gain a whopping 586 (or 373 secondary points more than it currently has) secondary statpoints for the 2 helms to be equal.

(please excuse the slight rambling setup, I typed this in 3 goes, as I thought I screwed up the math at one point, while I actually only screwed up the hit/expertise calculations so I wanted the prot helm to have the gain, while it is in reality the ret helm that has the gain)
Edit: I am also just ignoring the nontier2 helm, Giantfoot Headguard which has, if I'm not deranged right now, the best itemization with dodge/mastery, full Str and stamina as socket bonus, though a yellow socket
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Hexzon » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:16 am

Don't Think your tripping, just spend a good hour or 2 looking at items, mainly from heroics up to Mogu'shan vaults, avoiding the other 2 tiers which wont be released till week 5, and in terms of blues and even some of the epics there is some dps gear that seriously looks like its better funny enough, that being said in pretty much every case there seems to be a better itemized tank item you can get your hands on anyway, so unless you got no plate dps in your groups when going for the items i'd be passing.

Anyways this the list I've made up so far, missing the rep items atm, but basically gives you some idea's of what you want to aim for in the first 5 weeks to be going into heart of fear strong.

[Head]

(1)[463] Helm of Rising Flame (Brother Korloff> Scarlet Monastery Heroic)
(2)[450] Masterwork Spiritguard Helm (Crafted > Reagents: Ghost Iron Bar (12). Trillium Bar.)

[Neck]
(1)[502] Beads of the Mogu'shi (The Stone Guard> Mogu-shan Vaults Heroic)
(2)[489] Beads of the Mogu'shi (The Stone Guard> Mogu-shan Vaults)
(3)[476] Beads of the Mogu'shi (The Stone Guard> Mogu-shan Vaults Raid Finder)
(4)[463] Necklace of the Dark Blaze (Lilian Voss> Scholomance Heroic)
(4)[463] Armsmaster's Sealed Locket (Armsmaster Harlan> Scarlet Halls Heroic)

[Shoulders]
(1)[502] Shoulderguards of the Unflanked (The Spirit Kings> Mogu-shan Vaults Heroic)
(2)[489] Shoulderguards of the Unflanked (The Spirit Kings> Mogu-shan Vaults)
(3)[476] Shoulderguards of the Unflanked (The Spirit Kings> Mogu-shan Vaults Raid Finder)
(4)[463] Spaulders of Immovable Stone (Wing Leader Ner'onok > Siege of Niuzao Temple Heroic)
(5)[463] Vigorsteel Spaulders (Darkmaster Gandling > Scholomance Heroic)
(6)[450] Masterwork Spiritguard Shoulders (Crafted > Ghost Iron Bar (7). Trillium Bar.)

[Back]

(1)[463] Soulrender Greatcloak (Thalnos the Soulrender> Scarlet Monastery Heroic)
(2)[463] Phantasmal Drape (Jandice Barov > Scholomance Heroic)

[Chest]
(1)[502] Chestguard of Eternal Vigilance (Will of the Emperor> Mogu-shan Vaults Heroic)
(2)[489] Chestguard of Eternal Vigilance (Will of the Emperor> Mogu-shan Vaults)
(3)[476] Chestguard of Eternal Vigilance (Will of the Emperor> Mogu-shan Vaults Raid Finder)
(4)[463] Hateshatter Chestplate (Taran Zhu > Shado-Pan Monastery Heroic)
(4)[463] Breastplate of Wracking Souls (Instructor Chillheart > Scholomance Heroic)
(4)[463] Canine Commander's Breastplate (Houndmaster Braun > Scarlet Halls Heroic)
(5)[450] Masterwork Spiritguard Breastplate (Crafted > Reagents: Ghost Iron Bar (12). Trillium Bar.)

[Wrists]
(1)[502] Bracers of Six Oxen (Feng The Accursed> Mogu-shan Vaults Heroic)
(2)[489] Bracers of Six Oxen (Feng The Accursed> Mogu-shan Vaults)
(3)[476] Bracers of Six Oxen (Feng The Accursed> Mogu-shan Vaults Raid Finder)
(4)[463] Ri'mok's Shattered Scale (Commander Ri'mok > Gate of the Setting Sun Heroic)
(4)[463] Bubble-Breaker Bracers (Hoptallus > Stormstout Brewery Heroic)
(5)[450] Masterwork Spiritguard Bracers (Crafted > Reagents: Ghost Iron Bar (5). Trillium Bar.)

[Hands]

(1)[463] Gauntlets of Resolute Fury (Master Snowdrift > Shado-Pan Monastery Heroic)
(2)[463] Axebreaker Gauntlets (Xin the Weaponmaster > Mogu'shan Palace Heroic)
(3)[450] Masterwork Spiritguard Gauntlets (Crafted > Reagents: Ghost Iron Bar (7). Trillium Bar.)

[Waist]
(1)[502] Star-Stealer Waistguard (The Stone Guard> Mogu-shan Vaults Heroic)
(2)[489] Star-Stealer Waistguard (The Stone Guard> Mogu-shan Vaults)
(3)[476] Star-Stealer Waistguard (The Stone Guard> Mogu-shan Vaults Raid Finder)
(4)[463] Sparkbreath Girdle (Gu Cloudstrike > Shado-Pan Monastery Heroic)
(5)[463] Waistplate of Imminent Resurrection (High Inquisitor Whitemane> Scarlet Monastery Heroic)
(6)[450] Masterwork Spiritguard Belt (Crafted > Reagents: Ghost Iron Bar (7). Trillium Bar. )

[Legs]

(1)[463] Sap-Encrusted Legplates (Vizier Jin'bak > Siege of Niuzao Temple Heroic)
(2)[450] Masterwork Spiritguard Legplates (Crafted > Reagents: Ghost Iron Bar (12). Trillium Bar.)

[Feet]
(1)[502] Sollerets of Spirit Splitting (Gara-jal the Spiritbinder> Mogu-shan Vaults Heroic)
(2)[489] Sollerets of Spirit Splitting (Gara-jal the Spiritbinder> Mogu-shan Vaults)
(3)[476] Sollerets of Spirit Splitting (Gara-jal the Spiritbinder> Mogu-shan Vaults Raid Finder)
(4)[463] Wraithplate Treads (Jandice Barov > Scholomance Heroic)
(4)[463] Stonestep Boots (Lorewalker Stonestep > Temple of the Jade Serpent Heroic)
(5)[450] Masterwork Spiritguard Boots (Crafted > Reagents: Ghost Iron Bar (7). Trillium Bar.)

[Rings]
(1)[502] Band of Bursting Novas (Elegon> Mogu-shan Vaults Heroic)
(2)[489] Seal of the Unscathed (Dread Wastes Quest> Shadow of the Empire )
(3)[489] Band of Bursting Novas (Elegon> Mogu-shan Vaults)
(4)[476] Band of Bursting Novas (Elegon> Mogu-shan Vaults Raid Finder)
(5)[463] Lime-Rimmed Signet (Yan-Zhu the Uncasked > Stormstout Brewery Heroic)
(6)[463] Crystallized Droplet (Wise Mari > Temple of the Jade Serpent Heroic)

[Trinkets]
(1)[502] Vial of Dragon's Blood (Elegon> Mogu-shan Vaults Heroic)
(2)[489] Vial of Dragon's Blood (Elegon> Mogu-shan Vaults)
(3)[476] Vial of Dragon's Blood (Elegon> Mogu-shan Vaults Raid Finder)
(4)[463] Iron Protector Talisman (Gekkanr > Mogu'shan Palace Heroic)
(5)[463] Heart of Fire (Master Snowdrift > Shado-Pan Monastery Heroic)

[Main Hand]
(1)[502] Elegion, the Fanged Crescent (Elegon> Mogu-shan Vaults Heroic)
(2)[489] Elegion, the Fanged Crescent (Elegon> Mogu-shan Vaults)
(3)[476] Inelava, Spirit of Inebriation (Yan-Zhu the Uncasked > Stormstout Brewery Heroic)
(4)[476] Elegion, the Fanged Crescent (Elegon> Mogu-shan Vaults Raid Finder)
(5)[463] Ook's Hozen Slicer (Ook-Ook > Stormstout Brewery Heroic)

[Shield]
(1)[502] Steelskin, Qiang's Impervious Shield (The Spirit Kings> Mogu-shan Vaults Heroic)
(2)[489] Steelskin, Qiang's Impervious Shield (The Spirit Kings> Mogu-shan Vaults)
(3)[476] Steelskin, Qiang's Impervious Shield (The Spirit Kings> Mogu-shan Vaults Raid Finder)
(4)[463] Shield of Blind Hate (Taran Zhu > Shado-Pan Monastery Heroic)
(4)[463] Masterwork Spiritguard Shield (Crafted > Reagents: Ghost Iron Bar (12). Trillium Bar (2).)
(5)[463] Impervious Carapace (Raigonn > Gate of the Setting Sun Heroic)
Last edited by Hexzon on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hexzon

Postby Winkle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:11 am

Your Shield of Blind Hate link is actually Gauntlets of Resolute Fury.
Winkle

Postby Hexzon » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:10 am

Winkle wrote:Your Shield of Blind Hate link is actually Gauntlets of Resolute Fury.

Fixed
Hexzon

Postby Hexzon » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:10 am

Winkle wrote:Your Shield of Blind Hate link is actually Gauntlets of Resolute Fury.

Fixed
Hexzon

Postby melisandyr » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:46 pm

So, to ask the stupid question - if you go for the crafted gear, you nullify the need to get the justice gear at honoured from the rep vendors?
melisandyr
Maintankadonor

Postby Gab » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:08 am

melisandyr wrote:So, to ask the stupid question - if you go for the crafted gear, you nullify the need to get the justice gear at honoured from the rep vendors?

Not entirely. There are a few reasons why JP gear is still attractive.

-I'm not sure where the patterns come from, maybe I missed it as there has been a lot of information lately, but if they are difficult to obtain (i.e. require rep or world drop etc...) then that could slow down your gearing strategy.

-Trilium, or other mats, may be difficult to come by.

-You can purchase a neck, back, rings (and possibly more slots) in addition to your other slots with JP. This would require at least 3 professions to supply jewelry, back and other slot items.

I think the best and safest bet is going to be to have some JP saved up.
Gab

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:19 am

melisandyr wrote:So, to ask the stupid question - if you go for the crafted gear, you nullify the need to get the justice gear at honoured from the rep vendors?

You're forgetting the valor gear available at revered, which may be better than crafted.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby melisandyr » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:04 am

Thanks for the responses.

I have about 9k valour at the moment, and wondered how worthwhile it would be keeping them. Seems like it will be on the safe side to retain them.

I'm a JC, so hoping a few nice neck and ring options might be available to me through that.

I was also considering the "best" route to level to 90 - I love questing generally, so I wondered if I should go for the zones, or do the first two levels in Dungeons, as was popular in Cataclysm.

Hope this hasn't strayed too far off topic.
melisandyr
Maintankadonor

Postby Gab » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:46 am

I prefer questing, even on a PvP server, and only doing the dungeons once each for the quests. Not sure if that's the most efficient but it seems to work well for me. Added bonus is you get more rep especially now with the removal of tabbard rep bonuses.

In Cata I had a guild group and was getting in solid run times in BRC but ended up falling a little behind other guildies who were questing, ended up just moving onto questing as well.
Gab

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta