Remove Advertisements

LFR information and experiences

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LFR information and experiences

Postby djlar » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:23 am

The annoying thing as a healer, is like 90% of the time you get a 2/8 or 3/8, after several declines you go ahead and finish those up, re-queue for the first bosses and keep getting the 2/8 prompt.. like "hey Blizz I don't want another 2/8 please after 20 declines"
djlar

Postby Jabari » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:00 am

So that was fun. 120G repair bill from LFR. *sigh* On a Tuesday too - those groups are usually better than that.

I thought this part was particularly amusing:

*wipe on Blackthorn - had just barely gotten to P2*

Someone: "<Me> only did 1500 HPS - kick him"
Me: "Sorry, I'll do better next time. How much HPS are Enhancement Shaman expected to do, anyway?"

(Yes, I queued DPS)

I'm amazed that the group actually 1-shot Spine, as poorly as they did on Blackthorn. 2 wipes there, with the main cause being that nobody knew what the "big purple spirals" were. Even after being repeatedly told in raid chat. I think there were a grand total of 3 of us in the first one on the 2nd wipe - we all died, of course.

(After the 2nd wipe, a whole bunch of people bailed from the group. Must have been all the bad people! *laugh*)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby djlar » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Went with my resto shammy (at i389 now)...

Basically 2 healed Ultraxion, other resto shaman went afk after he picked the red gem, he wasn't even healing (did 584 HPS)
Another 3 didn't pick any more gems, only me and a pally where doing some real healing, ended up in doing 45K HPS

After kicking the afk shaman someone started the ship, only 3 healers on, we also managed to down it.. did about 30K on that

4 healed spine

4 healed Madness...

Didn't win crap... my 4 piece is far from being completed

Went to do first wing after that bad RNG drops/rolls, entered a fresh one, 6 shamans, 5 warriors, 5 hunters.. FML I left immediatly and did a some BGs.. which we won.. well something..
djlar

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:11 pm

Went for my weekly run on my Mage, got a group that was all dead in Yor'sahj's room. In the new pull, people didn't kill the right oozes (first wave all three got through), and it made no difference at all (noone was dying) but people got upset about it and started quitting mid fight. We weren't having much trouble anyway until one of the tanks dropped group... Yor'sahj was at 30%, but once the tank left more started following and people started dying.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nakama » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Third time in a row (twice on one hunter, once on another) that I've had either the bow or polearm rolled on by someone who has them already and who just leaves group immediately or taunts people that they got the item when they already had it.

WTF. Seriously.

--Jed
Nakama

Postby halabar » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:01 pm

Nakama wrote:Third time in a row (twice on one hunter, once on another) that I've had either the bow or polearm rolled on by someone who has them already and who just leaves group immediately or taunts people that they got the item when they already had it.

WTF. Seriously.

--Jed

Report them. Being an ass is bannable. SS their taunt.

On a brighter note, over the weekend on my mage I did the usual thing now of rolling on tokens to trade. Got to the end, couldn't trade, gave both items to someone who needed both, so made their day.

Last night, did 2 runs on my mage, and on each was able to ask for a token and get it from two people who didn't need it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby rodos » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:27 pm

halabar wrote:
Nakama wrote:Third time in a row (twice on one hunter, once on another) that I've had either the bow or polearm rolled on by someone who has them already and who just leaves group immediately or taunts people that they got the item when they already had it.

WTF. Seriously.

--Jed

Report them. Being an ass is bannable. SS their taunt.

Yep. Had someone this week who wanted to trade tokens at the end. Nobody traded him so he quit after throwing a casual "god damned n****" into raid chat. Gleefully reported.

halabar wrote:On a brighter note, over the weekend on my mage I did the usual thing now of rolling on tokens to trade. Got to the end, couldn't trade, gave both items to someone who needed both, so made their day.

I tried to do that. Nobody wanted to trade the token I had for one I needed. I inspected the last remaining warlock - saw he could really use the piece and traded him right as he quit the group so the trade window closed and I got stuck with a wasted token. Felt like an ass.

The proposed LFR loot system has a few flaws, but I think it's going to be a big improvement over the current system.
rodos

Postby Kelaan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:33 am

You could always say, "I'd like to trade [ITEM] for a __ or a __; if I can't trade for one of those, I'll give it to someone else, so please stick around if you can use it."
Kelaan

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:38 am

rodos wrote:
halabar wrote:On a brighter note, over the weekend on my mage I did the usual thing now of rolling on tokens to trade. Got to the end, couldn't trade, gave both items to someone who needed both, so made their day.

I tried to do that. Nobody wanted to trade the token I had for one I needed. I inspected the last remaining warlock - saw he could really use the piece and traded him right as he quit the group so the trade window closed and I got stuck with a wasted token. Felt like an ass.

The proposed LFR loot system has a few flaws, but I think it's going to be a big improvement over the current system.

When I've done it, I start inspecting before the last fight, and whisper that person, telling them to hang around.

And yeah, despite the other isssues, I like the new system, as it fixes this.

(And thankfully I won't need to do this with tokens on my mage anymore).

halabar

Postby Teranoid » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:28 pm

halabar wrote:Report them.

For? Rolling need on something they already had? All they're going to do is tell them "Sorry about your luck we're trying to fix it"

Being an ass is bannable.

Since when?

SS their taunt.

Blizzard doesn't accept screenshots as "evidence". There's no point. Every word said in this game is logged.

I'm not supporting douchebag behavior because it's happened to me more times in Looking For Retards that I can count but clogging the ticket queues with something like this isn't worth either your or Blizzard's time sadly.
Teranoid

Postby Kelaan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Teranoid wrote:

For? Rolling need on something they already had? All they're going to do is tell them "Sorry about your luck we're trying to fix it"

Report them for saying "god damned n****". That kind of language doesn't belong in our game. It's just luck that the person who was a jerk on loot was also a jerk socially, but being abusive in chat is absolutely punishable. I ticket that every chance I get, as well as putting them on ignore.
Kelaan

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Teranoid wrote:
Being an ass is bannable.

Since when?

When enough reports pile up, it can be done.

halabar

Postby lythac » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:19 am

Teranoid wrote:

There is something else about rolling on something you already have.

I can see the worth of having two shields, one gemmed normally and the other for DPS. Same for Souldrinker, one with Landlside and one with Windwalk.

You should never report someone for winning an item they already have IF the only reason to report them is they already have it.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Kelaan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:09 am

Agreed -- I know that many people do it maliciously, but many don't. It's only when it's blatant abuse that it should be ticketed. (That said, do you really need two bracers, or two of unique-equipped trinkets that can't be reforged? I see that too often, sadly.)
Kelaan

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:17 pm

lythac wrote:
Teranoid wrote:

There is something else about rolling on something you already have.

I can see the worth of having two shields, one gemmed normally and the other for DPS. Same for Souldrinker, one with Landlside and one with Windwalk.

You should never report someone for winning an item they already have IF the only reason to report them is they already have it.

My comment about reporting them was not for rolling on an item they already had. It was the taunting afterwards when they won the item.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General