Remove Advertisements

Beta Invites

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Beta Invites

Postby halabar » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:41 am

They are also probably factoring system configurations in as well.

That said, it's fun watching the emo rants about consumer fraud and all that for everyone not getting an invite day 1.

I'm just attributing it to my usual bad luck with RNG.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Treck » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:33 pm

What great fun it would be if everyone could just log in at the same time right away right?
Treck

Postby rodos » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:54 pm

halabar wrote:They are also probably factoring system configurations in as well.

The FAQ says you don't need to go through the opt-in process if you have an annual pass, so I don't know how much info they have on system configurations.

halabar wrote:That said, it's fun watching the emo rants about consumer fraud and all that for everyone not getting an invite day 1.

Anyone who saw the annual pass description and read "access to MoP beta" as anything other than "we'll let you into the beta for at least a little bit, maybe only the load test weekend" is pretty naive.
rodos

Postby benebarba » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:39 pm

rodos wrote:
halabar wrote:That said, it's fun watching the emo rants about consumer fraud and all that for everyone not getting an invite day 1.

Anyone who saw the annual pass description and read "access to MoP beta" as anything other than "we'll let you into the beta for at least a little bit, maybe only the load test weekend" is pretty naive.

Yeah, but man if there's one thing the vocal part of the WOW community is good at, it's raging.

I have a feeling that the CMs were prepared for the 'ZOMG! I sue you nao!' type responses.
benebarba

Postby Sagara » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:02 pm

benebarba wrote:I have a feeling that the CMs were prepared for the 'ZOMG! I sue you nao!' type responses.

Just another day at the office for them I guess :-p
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby gtechman » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:08 am

Treck, it's a forum. Sharing information is what some folks do on forums. Some peoples minds (like mine) like to try to figure things out. They didn't exactly say how they were determining Beta invites so it just seems kinda interesting to try to figure it out.

Why so serious????
gtechman

Postby Sagara » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:43 am

It think it's more the "method" than "message".

It's one thing to ask WHY this precious, sweet nectar of Panda goodness hasn't been delivered to the masses.
It's another entirely to "NO BETA? BLIZZARD U MONSTAR! NEERDRAAAAAAAAAAGE". In case it wasn't clear, this attitude is horribly prevalent right now.

AS for why, my best guess is , like treck implied, server space. Another option is to avoid burnout, and still have testers in the later weeks of Beta.

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:45 am

Yeah, there's some very stupid stuff going on right now. I believe there are a few "should we sue Blizzard?" threads on the official forums claiming they've lied in the contract. Lot of people didn't seem to notice that it never mentioned anything about when they'd get access or for how long.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Treck » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:02 am

gtechman wrote:Treck, it's a forum. Sharing information is what some folks do on forums. Some peoples minds (like mine) like to try to figure things out. They didn't exactly say how they were determining Beta invites so it just seems kinda interesting to try to figure it out.

While im also mildly interested to know how they actually deal with things, nomatter how much we discuss it, we are not going to be able to change the outcome.
Not to mention blizzard will likely never reveal their "true" reasoning behind it all either.

KysenMurrin wrote:Yeah, there's some very stupid stuff going on right now. I believe there are a few "should we sue Blizzard?" threads on the official forums claiming they've lied in the contract. Lot of people didn't seem to notice that it never mentioned anything about when they'd get access or for how long.

Altho, i do think it was actually mentioned in the earliest form when you signed up for the annual pass that you would have instant access to the MoP beta.
But its important to note that its also in the terms of agreement or whatever that blizzard can do whatever the hell they want if they see fit, and it was quickly changed after just a few days that you would (eventually) get some form of beta access.
Treck

Postby theckhd » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:16 am

It's more likely that there's simply nothing to test at this point. They haven't pushed a build that opens up Pandaria, so they may not be ready to test 85-90 stuff. As such, there's just the Pandaren starting area to test. They don't need 1 million testers for that. So they let in a small subset of testers to fool around with that content, which lets them get the servers up and lets their server techs do whatever they need to do to prepare for the start of real beta testing.

In my mind, the other alternative is that they wouldn't have put the beta servers up until the 85-90 content is ready, in which case none of us would have beta access yet anyway. And that's the worse solution all-around, because it gives them less time to bring the servers online and optimize them for the deluge of logins they'll get once more waves of invites go out.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Sagara » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:51 am

theckhd wrote:In my mind, the other alternative is that they wouldn't have put the beta servers up until the 85-90 content is ready, in which case none of us would have beta access yet anyway. And that's the worse solution all-around, because it gives them less time to bring the servers online and optimize them for the deluge of logins they'll get once more waves of invites go out.

But that would imply that Blizzard... DUN DUN DUN!

- is SMART?

Sorry, had to. I'll go in my shame corner. I'm bored waiting for my Beta ticket - I want to help with the Call to Arms! :p

Sagara

Postby Amirya » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:58 pm

The best conspiracy theory I've heard is that my computer was responsible for locking someone out of their Cataclysm beta, because they logged into the PTR on my computer to show me something. And that is the reason they do not have their day 1 Panda beta invite yet.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:03 pm

Have to admit, I'm a bit over-eager to get in myself. Though not so much as I'd be if they had high level content and premades available. But I'm rational enough not to expect it and not to resent it.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:22 pm

Amirya wrote:The best conspiracy theory I've heard is that my computer was responsible for locking someone out of their Cataclysm beta, because they logged into the PTR on my computer to show me something. And that is the reason they do not have their day 1 Panda beta invite yet.

Figures it would be your fault... sheesh... next you are gonna blame the bear.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:14 am

/yawn, still in that AP No Beta Club. =D

Been so bored after getting our 2nd kill of madness I picked up my DK again >.>, almost to 85......
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta