Remove Advertisements

Beta tank set ups and initial thoughts:

Mists of Pandaria Beta discussion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Beta tank set ups and initial thoughts:

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Or Holy. ;) Been Prot/Prot since mid-WotLK.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:02 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Or Holy. ;) Been Prot/Prot since mid-WotLK.

Pretty sure this makes you a badadin
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:09 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Or Holy. ;) Been Prot/Prot since mid-WotLK.

Pretty sure this makes you a badadin

What if you had three paladins but deleted the third one that was only Prot and was duplicating the primary spec of your main who alternates prot/prot and prot/ret while your second paladin is firmly ret/holy?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Koatanga » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:59 pm

theckhd wrote:3-second Crusader Strike was/is terrible. There's no thought involved in spamming the same key for 50% of your GCDs. Our new rotation looks a lot more interesting, more dynamic, and a hell of a lot more fun.

That's bad news to me. I'm not interested in my rotation being interesting while I am leading a raid. There are enough interesting things for my attention to be on.

"Interesting":
1. Capable of holding one's attention.
2. Arousing a feeling of interest.
3. Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Cema » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Finally I found part of what I was looking for

glyphs, glyphs and glyphs !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRusDHCHBIA

edit : Holy Wrath confirmed for prot

Cema

Postby Flex » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:35 pm

He needs to curse more.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Cema wrote:Holy Wrath confirmed for prot

Well geez I could have told you that
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:18 am

meh, hate towellie movies...
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:31 pm

I wonder if that mastery being at level 60 is intended or a typo. It seems kind of funky... so I'm betting typo or resolution of the image making my eyes do silly things.
benebarba

Postby Jaitee » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:14 pm

benebarba wrote:I wonder if that mastery being at level 60 is intended or a typo. It seems kind of funky... so I'm betting typo or resolution of the image making my eyes do silly things.

with how important mastery is too some classes it does make sense for its level to be reduced i.e levelling a pally you have 5% block all the way too level 80
Jaitee

Postby benebarba » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:21 pm

Jaitee wrote:
benebarba wrote:I wonder if that mastery being at level 60 is intended or a typo. It seems kind of funky... so I'm betting typo or resolution of the image making my eyes do silly things.

with how important mastery is too some classes it does make sense for its level to be reduced i.e levelling a pally you have 5% block all the way too level 80

Well, two things: 1) they'd need to revamp pre-80 gear or else it would largely be pointless (i.e. no gear with the stat). 2) I'd assume that at least for the tanks, the lack of mastery was assumed pre-80, and the classes/ balanced as such.
benebarba

Postby Flex » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:02 am

Anyone better at the maths figure out what the effective reduction to Divine Protection and Lay on Hands Unbreakable Spirit provides?
Flex

Postby theckhd » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:25 am

Flex wrote:Anyone better at the maths figure out what the effective reduction to Divine Protection and Lay on Hands Unbreakable Spirit provides?

Your HP generation rate puts an effective cap on how much HP you can spend, so let's assume HP generation rate is equal to HP expenditure rate.

You generate X HP per second from abilities (CS, J, Grand Crusader, Glyph of Blessed Life). The cooldown on DS or LoH is T minutes nominally, reduced by 1% for every HP spent.

The HP generated in time t is
Code: Select all
HP(t) = X*t

The actual cooldown of DS is
T' = T*(1-0.01*HP(T')) = T - 0.01*T*HP(T') = T - 0.01*T*X*T'

Solve for T':
T' * (1+0.01*T*X) = T
T' = T/(1+0.01*T*X)

Note that the redux cannot exceed 50%, meaning that 0.01*T*X cannot exceed 0.5. This interpretation is an assumption that the wording means "the remaining cooldown is reduced by 1% of the total cooldown." I'm assuming that because the other interpretation of the wording of the talent (that it reduces the remaining cooldown by 1% of the remaining cooldown) doesn't make as much sense (because it wouldn't need a cap, it has DR built-in).

Just considering Crusader Strike and Divine Shield, we have:
X=1/4.5=0.2222
T=5*60=300
0.01*T*X = 0.01*5*60*0.2222 = 0.6666, well above the 0.5 threshold. Even with 0% hit and expertise, it comes out to 0.5167, above the threshold. And that's before we consider Judgement (9.75s effective cooldown in rotation) and Grand Crusader gains.

Ergo, the talent will generally reduce the cooldown of DS and LoH by half.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Beaug » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Just got in the beta, few things that struck me off the bat that I haven't seen elsewhere. (Apologies if I am repeating, lots of forum posts to keep up with these days!)

Currently Sacred Shield costs 1,200 mana, not 3 hp. Off the GCD, which I think means it can be macro'd to other abilities, though macros are broken at the moment.

Probably a tooltip error which I haven't time to validate, but currently the tooltip for expertise reads "Reduces chance to be dodged or parried by XX%" and reads as if you reduce the 7.5% dodge and 7.5% parry chance at the same rate, not parry after dodge like I thought was the intent. i.e., at 7.5% expertise, the tooltip reads that the dodge chance and parry chance are both 0%

No GoAK! Hope that one is a major oversight, or I am just somehow missing it in my spell book. :shock:
Beaug

Postby Nesnet » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:38 pm

Beaug wrote:Just got in the beta, few things that struck me off the bat that I haven't seen elsewhere. (Apologies if I am repeating, lots of forum posts to keep up with these days!)

No GoAK! Hope that one is a major oversight, or I am just somehow missing it in my spell book. :shock:

Yes, as I was reading through the thread I noticed that people were talking about GoAK, but I noticed it was gone when I was setting up my UI.

Also to note, Theck, as you were doing your rotation, I noticed you did not use HotR which "applies the weakened blows (reduces damage by 10% for 30 sec)" I would think that would have to be in the rotation, almost at the start, since you also have the glyph of HotR which increases the debuff to 45 secs?
Nesnet

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Beta